One of these names is not like the others...

I’m trying to create a cohesive list of sibling names. Tell me which names you think go together, and which ones just don’t belong! Thanks. Last name [name]Jackson[/name].

Girl names

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] Rushton
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Adora[/name] [name]Maisy[/name]
[name]Zaylia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Leilani[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Boy names

[name]Greyson[/name] [name]Pax[/name] ([name]Grey[/name])
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Greyson[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] [name]David[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Rush[/name] ([name]Finn[/name])
[name]Patton[/name] [name]Azariah[/name]
[name]Marius[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Solomon[/name] [name]August[/name] ([name]Sol[/name])
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]Powell[/name]
[name]Trevin[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Trev[/name])
[name]Josiah[/name] [name]Owen[/name]

Please feel free to make comments on the names themselves, too.

Girl names

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Mae[/name] - pretty
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Iris[/name] - I love this
[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Adeline[/name] - pretty, too
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] - very lovely and I love the nn [name]Rory[/name]
[name]Hannah[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name] - I love the name [name]Hannah[/name], but it’s too popular.
[name]Edith[/name] Rushton - I don’t really like [name]Edith[/name], but I bet I’ll like it pretty soon. It’s going to grow on me. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Edie[/name].
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - I have thought of this combo myself. [name]Love[/name] nns [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Rosy[/name]. When she gets older she could be a [name]Rose[/name]. But I went to this junior high school called Rosemont which I just hated. Part of the problem was almost every day the cafeteria made soup which smelled like body odor. Rosemont sounds a lot like [name]Rosemary[/name] to me. But it wouldn’t be a problem for the vast majority of people.
[name]Adora[/name] [name]Maisy[/name] - don’t like [name]Adora[/name] that much. It would be a lot to live up to. Like when you’re in school and the boy at the desk next to yours drops his pencil and it rolls under your desk. Then he has to say, [name]Adora[/name] (as if he’s [name]Romeo[/name] and you’re [name]Juliet[/name]), could you pass me my pencil? I think it would be too much.
[name]Zaylia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] - I don’t care for this. For me [name]Michelle[/name] is dated.
[name]Leilani[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - For me this is a really pretty name, but doesn’t go with many of the others. I love [name]Leilani[/name] in Reality Bytes.

Boy names

[name]Greyson[/name] [name]Pax[/name] ([name]Grey[/name]) - Ooh, I’m biased. I know a [name]Grayson[/name] who looks like Frankenstein. But it’s probably a great name.
[name]Miles[/name] [name]Greyson[/name] - can’t get over the [name]Greyson[/name]. I’m biased again. I love [name]Miles[/name].
[name]Phineas[/name] [name]David[/name] or [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Rush[/name] ([name]Finn[/name]) - love this.
[name]Patton[/name] [name]Azariah[/name] - I think of [name]General[/name] [name]Patton[/name]. He grew up in a city near mine. [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Azariah[/name].
[name]Marius[/name] [name]Phoenix[/name] - cool
[name]Solomon[/name] [name]August[/name] ([name]Sol[/name]) - I like this. Unusual combo.
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]Powell[/name] - I love [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Finch[/name]!
[name]Trevin[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Trev[/name]) - I like [name]Trevor[/name] better than [name]Trevin[/name].
[name]Josiah[/name] [name]Owen[/name] - this is really cute!

You’ve got a kind of slouchy, cool, fun style going here. The ones that don’t work for me are:

[name]Patton[/name] - the general association isn’t slouch cool - it’s a bit startling for me.
[name]Leilani[/name] - Not slouchy. Sprightly.
[name]Zaylia[/name] - pretty sound. I just don’t like it. I bet other posters will like it, and if [name]Lola[/name] likes it then I will unexpectedly start liking it more. That always happens!
[name]Adora[/name] - I really don’t like it. Sorry!

[name]Love[/name] all your other choices! You have wonderful taste in names!

[name]Hannah[/name] definitely doesn’t fit with the rest of your girls. They’re all old-fashioned beauties, whereas [name]Hannah[/name] is extremely dated. She was just too popular in the early 90s. I have a classroom full of them at the high school level (along with “[name]Steel[/name] Magnolias” spawned [name]Shelby[/name] and “[name]Little[/name] Mermaid” [name]Ariel[/name]).

Among the boys, [name]Trevin[/name] is by far the odd duck. I’ve never heard the name, so it feels made-up to me (whether it is or not). And once again, amidst all the old-fashioned goodness, you have one that feels like it was drawn straight from the late 80s pool of [name]Trevor[/name]/[name]Trenton[/name]/[name]Travis[/name].

The rest of them are gorgeous, though, right up my ally. :slight_smile:

[name]Susan[/name], I totally get your [name]Adora[/name]/[name]Juliet[/name] thing. Would [name]Adora[/name] work as a middle name, do you think? [name]Maisy[/name] [name]Adora[/name]? Nobody really hears her middle name anyway, usually just the parents.

[name]Rush/name is a family name, and I’d love your opinion on it… I told someone I didn’t want people to associate with [name]Rush[/name] Limbaugh, and they said that at least my child’s peers wouldn’t get it. In any case, I like Rushton better than [name]Rush[/name], but nicknames are inevitable.

Instead of [name]Patton[/name], what about [name]Paxton[/name]? I think I may like it better anyway.

With [name]Greyson[/name], I’m not sure if I like it spelled with an A or an E. [name]Grayson[/name]/[name]Greyson[/name].

I fell in love with a toddler named [name]Trevin[/name] who attends our church. I thought the name was weird at first, but I love calling him [name]Trev[/name]. I don’t like [name]Trevor[/name], [name]Travis[/name], or anything similar. Weird, huh? Anyway, I was hoping the “[name]Asher[/name]” would balance the name; apparently not. :slight_smile:

I’m a really big fan of [name]Rosemary[/name] the herb/essential oil.

I’m really glad that overall, you like my style. I’m a massage therapist (hence the earthiness I’m going for), and I really like Hebrew names. At the same time, I’m very well-read and love references to classic literature. It’s a delicate balance. :slight_smile: Thanks for your opinions so far…