One week to go and I have my names!

We learn the sex of the baby next week and I had a very strong urge to pick two names that I love, love, love before the ultrasound. I am secretly hoping for a baby girl and I am convinced that a great boy name will make the twinge of disappointment feel less - well, disappointing.

Big brother is called:
[name]Gustav[/name] “[name]Ryder[/name]” (after his daddy but called by his middle name)

I would love for you to tell me your thoughts on these names but please, don’t bash them. We love these and are quite set on them unless I am missing some horrible nickname or something.

GIRL NAME:
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] [name]Michel[/name]”t (pronounced mee-sha-[name]LAY[/name])

BOY NAME:
[name]Bodhi[/name] [name]River[/name] (pronounced [name]BO[/name]-dee) (nickname [name]Bo[/name])

What do you think of my sib set?
[name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Bodhi[/name]
[name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Bo[/name]

[name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name]

[name]Ryder[/name], [name]Bodhi[/name] and [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] (if this one’s a boy, will most likely try once more)

Thanks!
[name]Al[/name]

[name]Love[/name] the names!! They match well with [name]Ryder[/name]. Especially love [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name].

[name]Willow[/name] is sweet, and goes well with [name]Ryder[/name]. [name]Bodhi[/name] isn’t my style at all, but it goes well with [name]Ryder[/name] too. [name]Just[/name] wondering, why is there an accent on the E in Michelet? Following French rules of pronunciation/spelling, the T at the end is silent and it would be pronounced ‘ay’ at the end anyway. The accent is unnecessary.

I’m not sure if folks would mispronounce it without the accent? mish-a-let sounds pretty bad.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Willow[/name]. Current personal favorite. I think your middle name is fine, but others would work well too. I like [name]Ryder[/name]. [name]Willow[/name] and [name]Ryder[/name] are good together.

Agree with poster above, [name]Bodhi[/name] is not my style. But if it is yours, it is a fashionable name, so why not. I saw the movie Why Has [name]Bodhi[/name]-[name]Dharma[/name] Left for the [name]East[/name]?, and I found it insufferable. It really colored my perception of that word (and name), I’m afraid. I like [name]Bo[/name], but I love [name]Beau[/name]! Which is much more my style!

[name]Hope[/name] that wasn’t too severe! :smiley:

Agree with the others that [name]Bodhi[/name] isn’t my style but does go well with the other names you’re considering.

Since I have no knowledge of French and often pronounce them the English way (not realizing it’s French), whether there is a accent mark for [name]Michel[/name]”t won’t change much as I wouldn’t know it’s a silent T. But once I know how to pronounce it, I’d remember it. I like how it sounds!

I think [name]Bodhi[/name] is unusual and handsome, but also very sweet. [name]Willow[/name] is a nice name, and I actually like this way ([name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name]) as opposed to the full [name]Willoughby[/name] which I think I remember you considering - this way the [name]Bee[/name] seems sort of optional. I think it’s very sweet, but the possibility of going just by [name]Willow[/name] is still useful, especially for when she is older, and this way makes it easier. I have to do a quick plug for [name]Willow[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name] nn [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name], though!

I’m not totally in love with Michelet (I do like the fairly similar [name]Marcheline[/name], though), but I don’t think the pronunciation will be a problem in the middle, and there’s nothing wrong with the name.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

Thank you everyone!

Michelet is a family name. And a concession. However, I think I like it.

I will call her [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] because it’s just darling. [name]Beatrix[/name] is a good friend of the [name]MIL[/name] and we don’t want to give the impression of naming the baby after her - otherwise, it would have been a lovely choice.

Never saw the film referred to by a PP but I will check it out. [name]Bodhi[/name] is a tree - the tree the Buddha found enlightenment under. Also, it means “enlightenment” in Sanskrit. We are not Buddhists but we lean towards the teachings of Buddhism.

I do love the nickname spelling [name]Beau[/name] over [name]Bo[/name] but it seems like a stretch for [name]Bodhi[/name].

Keep 'em coming!

I think the combos are prefect and they go really well as a sibset. I wouldnt change a thing. Let us know after the ultrasound if your having a [name]Willow[/name] or a Bohdi. Good luck!

I really like [name]Ryder[/name] and [name]Bodhi[/name] together, great combo! I like [name]Willow[/name] (and [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] is so sweet). My only hesitation is the two names starting with R and W and my own tendency to mix them up - Whyder and Rillow. But that’s probably just me and I think the names go very well together. I also like the family middle Michelet but would not use the accent as it doesn’t help pronuncation and is not needed for the proper spelling. [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name] Michelet is lovely!

I love [name]Willow[/name] [name]Bee[/name], and I know a [name]Bodhi[/name] (it’s a nickname for him, but he’s a lovely man, a world traveler, a scientist and a great photographer) so I love the name. Good luck!