Ooooh! I get to help a dear friend, I'm enlisting you all!

I have a dear friend with 5-year-old boy/girl twins:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Clotilde[/name] - no nickname, always [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Alain[/name] - nn [name]Theo[/name]

They were VERY luck to be able to honor their parents and grandparents when chosing names. They battled infertility and wanted to pass on the gorgeous names they were lucky to have in their close family! After 4 failed IVF attempts since [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] were just 2-years-old they are miraculously pregnant with a little girl thanks to their last shot at IVF, amazing, isn’t it!? Their little girl is due in 4 1/2 weeks and can’t quite figure out what to go with. These are some of the names they are working with. They’d like to stick with family names as a first and/or middle and open to other suggestions. They are both French and would like to stick with French names, but of course open to suggestions! They are currently in [name]France[/name] but will be coming back to the USA to work for at least 4 years. They’ve been happy that [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] had names that blended well with NYC children. So that’s also something to keep in mind.

These are the names they are working with… grandmothers, mother, dear great aunt, aunt, a deceased sister…

[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Georgette[/name]
[name]Agnes[/name] … French way, not [name]AG[/name]-NESS.
[name]Murielle[/name]

If anyone can help them, you all definitley can!

For the longest time they were leaning toward [name]Georgette[/name] [name]Murielle[/name], but they’re very worried about how harsh Americans say [name]Georgette[/name]. I have her considering [name]Georgiana[/name] (ending more like gee-ay-na, not ee-anna) as a tribute to her late sister, [name]Georgette[/name] [name]Abelia[/name].

Thank you.

I think [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Theo[/name] and [name]Camille[/name]… nice!
I also love [name]Marguerite[/name].
What about:
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Martine[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Fabiola[/name]
L”onore
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Violette[/name]

Beautiful! She may especially like your list as her name is [name]Martine[/name]!

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are very sing-songy in a good way! [name]Both[/name] are three-syllable names, so I think baby girl should have a name that is three syllables as well!

The only one that I think works is [name]Marguerite[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Marguerite[/name] - that just sounds wonderful! All three syllables and all end in E!

So, I vote [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Camille[/name]! [name]Lovely[/name].

Oh [name]Lemon[/name], good call on 3 syllables!

I like [name]Camille[/name] but I agree with [name]Lemon[/name] that the name should probably be three syllables to match [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (both of which I adore by the way!)

I really, really like [name]Marielle[/name] and I think it’s close enough to honour [name]Murielle[/name]. I like [name]Marielle[/name] [name]Georgette[/name] or [name]Marielle[/name] [name]Agnes[/name].

[name]Marguerite[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Camille[/name] is lovely.

What about [name]Camilla[/name]? That’s cute!

Thank you all.

Her only concern is that [name]Marguerite[/name] is far less common than the name [name]Eloise[/name] in [name]France[/name]. So are all the other names though, except [name]Camille[/name] and she has removed that one because of the harsh [name]CAM[/name]-MEEL she will get here in the US.

I know, I know… but it’s her baby, lol. SO NOW she’s removed [name]Agnes[/name] and [name]Camille[/name] and I REALLY think she’s also leaning toward [name]Marguerite[/name]. I know [name]Georgette[/name] is what in her heart of hearts she really wants but she’s really struggling with the way the baby will grow up hearing her name in [name]America[/name]. Which is fine… I get that.

She didn’t want to use her sisters middle name of [name]Abelia[/name], but I think she may end up going with [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Abelia[/name]… which said by her, is absolutely stunning!

I love [name]Camille[/name], [name]Georgette[/name], and [name]Marguerite[/name].

[name]Marguerite[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name] would make a lovely sibset…

I love , love, love [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] so much! (I think a name with two syllables would be just fine with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], but that’s just me.) :slight_smile:

[name]Marguerite[/name]: I love it and think it’s gorgeous, but I can better see some of the other names with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] (especially [name]Theodore[/name]), because [name]Marguerite[/name] feels more exotic and frilly to me than [name]Eloise[/name] or [name]Theodore[/name], which have more of a vintage, non-frilly feel to me. ([name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] are two of my favorite names ever!) :slight_smile:

[name]Camille[/name]: Ditto.

[name]Georgette[/name]: I can totally see [name]Georgette[/name] with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name], and [name]Georgette[/name] definitely has a vintage feel to me like [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]!

[name]Agnes[/name]: I love [name]Agnes[/name] pronounced the French way, but if they’re coming back to the U.S., I bet it will be mispronounced often.

[name]Murielle[/name]: I can see this working, too!

[name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] feel more vintage to me than French (I know they’re also French, though), so I can see them with names that are similarly vintage and “quietly” French, as opposed to overtly French and frilly, like [name]Marguerite[/name].

More names with a vintage feel that she may like:

[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] ([name]German[/name], but it’s also used in French, although I can’t type the accents on my computer…)
[name]Beatrice[/name] (not French, but I know it works in French…)
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] (Latin, but also used in French…)
[name]Genevieve[/name] (frilly, but in the U.S., it’s a vintage name, so I can see it with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name])
[name]Juliette[/name] (then again, I can better see the [name]Juliet[/name] spelling with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name]…)
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Liliane[/name]
[name]Margo[/name] (Oops! O ending like [name]Theo[/name]…)
[name]Maude[/name] (Not French, but I know two French Maudes…I thought she may like this as a middle name…)
[name]Marian[/name]

I love her children’s names, and from her list, my favorite with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] is [name]Georgette[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

To add to my above post, I missed the part about [name]Georgette[/name] honoring her sister (I’m so sorry she passed away), which makes me love the name even more! [name]How[/name] meaningful to your friend…

[name]Even[/name] though the name ends in “ette,” it feels less frilly to me with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] than [name]Marguerite[/name] does…

So, one vote for [name]Georgette[/name]!

(I love [name]Abelia[/name], too, as well as [name]Adelia[/name]…)

Take care! :slight_smile:

I agree, love [name]Georgette[/name] so much!

I agree too that [name]Georgette[/name] works well with [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Theo[/name]!

I like your suggestion of [name]Georgiana[/name] but I much prefer the French [name]Georgette[/name] to better fit with [name]Eloise[/name] and to honor their French heritage.

[name]Georgette[/name] feels fresh to me.

[name]Camille[/name] feels dated to me.

[name]Agnes[/name] said in English ruins the name for me.

[name]Murielle[/name] - I prefer [name]Mireille[/name]. I love [name]Mireille[/name]!

[name]Marguerite[/name] is nice.

[name]Abelia[/name] is different and pretty. Doesn’t exude French to me though.

I think [name]Georgette[/name] [name]Mireille[/name] would be a sweet pairing.

UPDATE!!!

We have an early baby!

[name]Marguerite[/name] Agn”s was born February 2. Thank you all for your help, [name]Martine[/name] very much appreciated your input!

Congratulations to your friend!

Wow, that is a gorgeous combo!! I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] it!!!

I am so happy that you have a [name]Marguerite[/name]. I have a dear friend who has just had afternoon tea with me named [name]Marguerite[/name] and she loves roses.

Wouldn’t it be nice if baby was named [name]Marguerite[/name] [name]Agnes[/name] [name]Rose[/name]?

Congrats!! Beautiful name!!