Opaline

Recently came across this name and I was wondering our thoughts on it! Personally I love this name and the nickname that go with it; [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Lin[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f], then I realized it can be a substitute for the name [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I feel both names give similar vibes and are long elegant O names!

1 Like

It’s cute!

1 Like

I haven’t seen or heard this one as a name. All I can think of is the type the paper used for inkjet printers. I use it all the time. [name_f]Opal[/name_f] has a more interesting association, at least for me.

1 Like

The only trouble I have with [name_f]Opaline[/name_f] is that it’s also used as a descriptor, opaline being another term for opalescent. Which doesn’t seem like a big issue, but it does make me feel kinda like the first name is describing the middle name as being opalescent if that makes sense?
For example, [name_f]Opaline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] brings a mental picture of an opalescent flower. This can be really cool depending on the combo, but could also be a little off, so the middle name would be something to consider carefully.

2 Likes

I’ve really wanted to like this name too because I like [name_f]Opal[/name_f] but I’ve been a little put off of it for the reasons @brittanyanitarose mentioned.

1 Like

It kind of reminds me of Ovaltine. I prefer [name_f]Opal[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Opaline[/name_f]! I was so happy the first time I stumbled across it because I really want to love [name_f]Opal[/name_f] but something about the way it sounds when I say it, I don’t like it. BUT [name_f]Opaline[/name_f]!!! it fixes my issue and makes it more elegant for me! I pronounce it [name_f]Opal[/name_f]-leen.

1 Like

Love it! I really like -ine ending girls names though.

1 Like

I think it’s very pretty!

1 Like

I’ve never heard it before, but I quite like it- definitely an alternative to [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

1 Like

Opaline is really elegant