Ophelia and Felix

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all. I have a son [name_m]Casper[/name_m]. If we ever have another boy, we’ll name him [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. We’ve loved it for a long time and are pretty set on it.

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] girl due in [name_u]November[/name_u]. We’re really liking [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. But when we say the potential - [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] - set out loud, you get the double “feel” sound with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

We’d rather ditch [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] than the potential [name_m]Felix[/name_m] if it’s an issue. Thoughts?

1 Like

It would bother me personally, but I don’t think it has to be a dealbreaker. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any other girl names on the list?

2 Likes

ooh, this is tricky. i don’t think they’re dealbreaker-level close; if ophelia is your favorite girl name, i say go for it. but they do have more overlap than i’d ideally want, so if you have other names you really love, i’d probably lean in that direction personally.

2 Likes

I don’t think that it’s a deal breaker,the opposite actually,I think Casper,Ophelia and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] would be very cute together

2 Likes

It would bother me a little but i don’t think theyre unusable

1 Like

It would bother me, but not once I got use to it.

It would still make a lovely sibset

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], & ________:

[name_f]Odessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f] “Molly”
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] “Nola”
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ondine[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogene[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] “Lula”
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother me at all ! I don’t think it’s a deal breaker especially because [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is hypothetical and you may have girls .

I think the common sound is a cute linkage for the siblings so if you love both I hope you use them !

1 Like

Strangely enough it wouldn’t bother me. Yes, they have that similar ‘feel’ sound but they’re somehow very distinct at the same time. I actually really love them together - all three names actually. [name_m]Casper[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] make such a lovely, cool sibling set! I think the ‘f’ versus the ‘ph’ helps to distinguish them from each other, as does the distinctive ‘x’ ending of [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

1 Like

Our top 4 were [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]

How about [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] over [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]?
[name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Casper[/name_m]

Someone here has suggested Casper, Olympia & Felix which is very similar to Ophelia and would go well!

Other ideas:

Casper, Aurelia & Felix (love this one so much!!)
Casper, Hazel & Felix
Casper, Tabitha & Felix

I’ve been tempted by [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] since you posted this. Husband says “I’ll consider it”…

1 Like

Oooh, tough. I would not use [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] as siblings, but it’s also risky to nix a name you love in favor of one you might never get to use. How many more kids are you hoping for? I would weigh the realistic possibility of actually getting to use [name_m]Felix[/name_m].

If even the chance of spoiling [name_m]Felix[/name_m] isn’t something you want to risk, I would nix [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

I might be a little biased here because I also love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and don’t like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] at all. If you need help “breaking up” with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I’ll tell you what I don’t like about it.

Yeah I would not use the two as siblings. But I like each with your existing son’s name.

I like the suggestions above of [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. You may also like [name_f]Odelia[/name_f], which eliminates the strong F sound. I think [name_m]Caspar[/name_m], Felix/Odelia works a bit better!

Sure, I’d like to hear people’s honest reactions to the name

It doesn’t bother me at all- I think it’s a lovely sibset!

I really like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] on paper, but when I say it aloud it sounds like “I feel ya” and like p*dophilia. I want to love it but I can’t unhear those associations.