Ophelia nn Effie?

Can [name_f]Effie[/name_f] work as a nickname for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]? I’m stuck for nickname ideas with [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but I can sort of see myself using [name_f]Effie[/name_f] for short? I just don’t know if it’s too much of a stretch or not :confused:

Also, if [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Effie[/name_f] doesn’t work, does [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] (fee-fee) work?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

@anon68906791 Ooh, I quite like [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]! That would be super sweet! S/O is a fan of nicknames, so I’d like to think of a few options so I can suggest them when I suggest a name :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The only [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] I’ve met went by Opie, but [name_f]Effie[/name_f] or FiFi works!

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t really like [name_f]Effie[/name_f]. It kind of sounds like slang for the curse word. What about [name_f]Phillie[/name_f]?

Ophelia is an amazing name!
I really like [name_f]Effie[/name_f], sounds a little like [name_f]Elf[/name_f] :slight_smile:
And [name_u]Ollie[/name_u] is great to, though I know a few dogs with this name so that is all I think of.
I like [name_f]Phillie[/name_f] too, super cute
Not a [name_f]Fan[/name_f] of FiFi but that is just my personal taste, if you like it go for it!

I think [name_f]Effie[/name_f] and [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] can definitely both work as nns for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]! Some others I can think of are [name_f]Opal[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] (although maybe even more of a stretch), [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and [name_f]Lia[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Effie[/name_f] works great!

It definitely works imo. I love the suggestion of [name_u]Ollie[/name_u].

I think it works! Like @almostactually, the only [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] I’ve known who went by a nickname used Opie. I also really like [name_u]Ollie[/name_u]!

1 Like

I definitely think [name_f]Effie[/name_f] works as a nn for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. :heart:

I LOVE IT! [name_f]Effie[/name_f] is so cute. It definitely works for me

I don’t care for [name_f]Effie[/name_f] - I think of the Hunger Games and also, when I’d rather say/type a certain F curse word and can’t/shouldn’t, I say/type “effed up” or “effing crazy” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is lovely! And [name_f]Effie[/name_f] does work as a nn, definitely not a stretch. I know a St3phenie who goes by [name_f]Fifi[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] with what I just said, I still prefer [name_f]Effie[/name_f] over [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], but I can’t really explain why :woman_shrugging:t2:

I also suggest not worrying too much about a nn for baby. Sometimes the right nn sticks on it’s own! I have a friend whose baby is named [name_u]Alex[/name_u]@nder and they wanted to use the nn Z@nder, but it never stuck! Sometimes it just happens that way with kids.

Both 100% work!

I love [name_f]Effie[/name_f] so much, it’s one of my favorite nicknames! I absolutely think it can work for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], and it doesn’t feel like too much of a stretch to me!

It works! It’s not so big of a stretch as to be confusing.

Fifi and [name_f]Effie[/name_f] are adorable nicknames for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]. They definitely work!

I’m glad [name_f]Effie[/name_f] works well for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]!! I want to use [name_f]Effie[/name_f], but S/O isn’t sure if it could work on its own in [name_f]Canada[/name_f] (I have a cousin in the UK with a little [name_f]Effie[/name_f], and I think it’s precious), so this is a bit of a compromise for us :slight_smile:

Yes!! I love the name [name_f]Effie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] seems like the only suitable full name. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t love [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] though ( I have been called [name_f]Fifi[/name_f] before and hate it)