OpheliaFlora's Aesthetics

As so many people have now opened “commenting” threads, I wanted to change mine to a more picture-based imagery/aesthetic thread, basically like the other aesthetic thread I created but not in a “previous poster” style; just my own imagery.

Important:

Unfamiliar Names

I think all names are valuable, there are so many beautiful unfamiliar choices out there and I will absolutely accept all names.
However, the more familiar I am with a name, the more vibrant its imagery will be.
Therefore…
If you include a name I might not have heard of, I would love it if you could give me a few words that you think describe the name; this gives me the opportunity to either build my own imagery from there if I agree with your vibe or feel it has a completely different vibe and then go from there.

Old Version (Comments)

Combos, Sets, Middle Names, whatever you can think of BUT one at a time please :relaxed:
(I’ll be kind but honest! I also apologise for any mistakes, I usually do these later at night and my thoughts aren’t always the most organised at that time :crescent_moon:)

8 Likes

Jane [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]

3 Likes

Josephine [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

3 Likes

I love these threads!

Juno [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]? :white_heart:

2 Likes

Penny [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f]?

Thank you for doing this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] is beautiful. I love [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as a first name and the more I hear it the more I want to use it. [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] is a wonderful name with a lovely meaning, feels familiar but is still very unique and unexpected and therefore compliments/complements [name_f]Jane[/name_f] beautifully.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

I think I’m one of few people who doesn’t love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], however, I have come to appreciate it over the years and think it sounds wonderful with [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. It reminds me of sunflowers ([name_f]Lily[/name_f] somehow never makes me think of lilies) and spring, a bright blue sky and wicker picnic basket and homemade elderflower syrup. It’s such a happy and sunny combo, I love it!

I’m not sure how you pronounce [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], I think with [name_u]Journey[/name_u] as a middle name I prefer the more modern sounding “Rayf” as the contrast between retro [name_m]Ralph[/name_m] and modern word name [name_u]Journey[/name_u] is a little too stark for me otherwise. However, the flow of the combo is lovely and [name_m]Ralphie[/name_m] would be the most adorable nickname.

3 Likes

Julia [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]? Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Ilsa [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_u]Noor[/name_u]?

1 Like

I have to admit, I am using this thread as means of procrastination, haha. I have done something like that years ago, however, I did not implement the “one name at a time” rule back then and it all got a bit much but I truly love the idea of these threads.

I am not the biggest [name_f]Juno[/name_f] fan, even years on NB could not change that, however, I can see why people love it so much, it’s bold, fun and quirky, feels quite modern but in reality is ancient. [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] isn’t the first name that comes to mind when thinking about middles for [name_f]Juno[/name_f] but they make so much sense together and truly sound and look beautiful when paired up!

I tend to prefer a longer name with [name_u]Penny[/name_u] as a nickname but I think with [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f] as a middle name, [name_u]Penny[/name_u] is great. [name_f]Lauretta[/name_f] makes the combo feels slightly retro but the quirkiness of [name_u]Penny[/name_u] pulls it back into the 21st century, giving the pair a fun and upbeat vibe!

3 Likes

Alice [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
Thanks for this tread!

1 Like

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] feels like the most contemporary combo if ever there was one. I would not be able to tell you the age or origin of a girl named [name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], which makes it a fantastic combo in my book (I love names that travel well). She could be an independent artist living in [name_u]Berlin[/name_u], [name_u]Germany[/name_u], a lawyer from [name_u]Paris[/name_u] or the next [name_m]President[/name_m] of the United States. The name feels very approachable, friendly and classy - truly lovely overall.

I love [name_f]Ilsa[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], I also love [name_f]Ilsa[/name_f] [name_u]Noor[/name_u] but somehow [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] feels too [name_f]English[/name_f] and [name_u]Noor[/name_u] too Arabic for me to love them together. I do think the combo could grow on me, though as the more I think about it, the more I like it. The flow is great, however, and all the names individually are lovely, too.

[quote=“[name_f]Camelia[/name_f], post:11, topic:368259”]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[/quote]
I have to admit I am a big fan of two-middles combos that have the longest name as the first middle name ([name_f]Alice[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]) as it looks (and usually sounds) more balanced to me and I’m a big visual person. However, I do like the sound of [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] more than [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f], so there’s that.

But it still looks off to me, arghh. It is a lovely combo, though, despite my need for more balance, haha.

I do think all three names are wonderful, though, and especially love [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in the first name spot!

3 Likes

Could you do [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u] Vojta?

2 Likes

[name_f]Lavender[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Florence [name_u]June[/name_u], thank you!

2 Likes

This combo is one I’ve been back and forth on for months. I could really use an honest opinion, so thanks for doing this!

Bee [name_u]Antonia[/name_u]

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this! [name_f]Fern[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]?

1 Like

Zatanna Ibelis [name_u]Rio[/name_u] please? Thank you!! :blush:

1 Like

I found your comment so sweet, I couldn’t help but to send another! This is a first and middle combination I adore but there’s something about it that hold’s me back from completing loving it, I’d love another opinion! Thank you!!!

Valerie [name_f]Aylin[/name_f]

1 Like

Lily [name_f]Jane[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think I’ll find it annoying that people spell [name_f]Lily[/name_f] like [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]? Any middle name you think would spice it up? I’m going for [name_u]Southern[/name_u] with [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]. And just general impressions, if that’s alright!

1 Like

I think [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u] is lovely, I’m not sure I like any of the intuitive nicknames I’m familiar with (could [name_u]Kit[/name_u] be a nickname, hm, maybe) but the full name is wonderful. I haven’t heard of Vojta before but I think it sounds great with [name_u]Konstantin[/name_u].
Overall the combo has a European vibe to me, sounds a little mysterious and very intriguing, definitely a style that I would love to see more of on NB.

I think the combo sounds lovely. I am not the biggest [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] fan, it’s just not for me but there is nothing wrong with the name objectively and I can appreciate it in other people’s combos. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is wonderful, I especially like this spelling, it’s feminine but not overly frilly. I don’t love the 3-3 syllables but, depending on your surname, they may actually sound better than 3-2 or 3-1.
Overall, the combo makes me think of a lavender field, the sounds of bees and crickets, white dresses, a little brook in the distance and the hot sun shining down on everything - definitely a beautiful imagery.

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] is lovely. [name_u]June[/name_u] isn’t quite for me, somehow it never quite wow-ed me but I like it for other people. Together they’re a little wordy for me but still sound nice. Usually [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is a little more mature to me, imagery-wise, but [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] makes me think of a little girl from the [name_u]Southern[/name_u] US as it’s lively, cute and friendly and feels quite modern even if the names themselves are fairly vintage.
So, while not a combo I would choose, I think it’s very friendly and sunny.

So I love the sound of [name_f]Bee[/name_f] [name_u]Antonia[/name_u], the short, sweet first name with the longer, more elegant middle name, which is still melodic and fun. I don’t love usually love [name_f]Bee[/name_f], it would feel a little too insubstantial, but I actually don’t mind it - even like it - here. However, I think when just considering the first name, as most likely the middle name would not be used, I wish that [name_f]Bee[/name_f] stood for something a little longer (and B name really or a name with the meaning “bee”). But as a combo, I really love these names.

3 Likes