Ophira?

Recently, I’ve seen the name [name_f]Ophira[/name_f] in a couple of places and think it’s beautiful and that it fits in with the [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] crowd. But the nameberry description of it is less than favourable and it doesn’t seem to be anywhere in any of the top 1000 lists. Am I missing something? Does it have a negative association that I haven’t thought of? What do people think of it?

anyone got any ideas?

I love the -ira bit and the Oph- bit, but something doesn’t sound right for me when you put them together. I assume it’s pronounced oh-FEAR-ah which doesn’t help at all with the ‘fear’ part being stressed. I adore [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] though.
I usually miss out on any negative associations, so I can’t think of anything more to add…
The fear is the tipping point for me though.

(Wanted to say I love a lot of the names in your signature! [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Apolline[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Marcella[/name_f], [name_f]Clio[/name_f], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Simeon[/name_m], [name_m]Wolfgang[/name_m], [name_u]Echo[/name_u], [name_m]Merrick[/name_m], [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and Salomé (sigh) are all gorgeous ^^)

I kinda like it. I love names that start with an O and I think [name_f]Ophira[/name_f] would make a cool, refreshing choice. Personally, though I prefer [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] but I dont see something wrong with [name_f]Ophira[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Ophira[/name_f], but I listen to a lot of public radio and so it’s inextricably linked to [name_f]Ophira[/name_f] Eisenberg for me. That’s not a bad thing, but it’s hard for me to think of it independently. [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is prettier and has a more historic context. Another public radio O-name-- Ofeibea Quist-Arcton. I like Ofeibea too, but would probably spell it Ofabia.