opinion on a name

[name]Hi[/name]! This is my first time posting. We are expecting a baby girl and are considering the name Avilee. I wanted to get some opinions on the name. [name]Do[/name] you like it or not like it? [name]Do[/name] you think she would have any pronunciation problems? What type of little girl do you picture when you hear the name? I really appreciate your input!

I think it’s pretty - my only worry would be it’s closeness to evilly.

I first thought it might be pronounced Av-alee, but then wondered if it was [name]Avah[/name]-lee. If it’s the second, it might seem to get mixed up in a world of [name]Ava[/name]'s, [name]Avalyn[/name]'s, [name]Avery[/name]'s and [name]Evelyn[/name]'s. But there is nothing wrong with the name. If you like it, go for it!

We were going to pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-vi-lee. Not sure if that makes sense but it’s not like [name]Ava[/name].

I think you would get pronunciation problems.

My first instinct was to pronounce it as av-a-lee (the a in the first syllable sounding like the a in apple). The pronunciation issue is what woudl draw me away from it. Overall, I think it’s okay as a name though.

I think that Avilee looks and sounds confusing (sort of like a smoosh of the names [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Emilie[/name] or the words Anvil and Evil).

What about [name]Avalon[/name] (pr. [name]Ah[/name]-vah-lonn)? It shares somes of the similar sounds of Avilee, but will be easier to pronounce. It isn’t as popular as [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Evelyn[/name], but still a recognizable name with literary roots.

Other options:
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name] - love this one for you too
[name]Aviva[/name]

I like it and pronounced it right from the get go, but you might still get some pronunciation issues with it. I also know people with popular/common ([name]Mia[/name], [name]Megan[/name], [name]Caroline[/name] etc) names that have pronunciation issues anyway, so it might not be something to worry about too much.