Opinion on boy name list...

These are the only names from my list that Dh will agree on. I have had [name]Jude[/name] picked out forever and now Dh says he thinks it sounds wimpy. These are the ones in the running what do you think??
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]

I suggest first mentioning to him the well-known phenomenon of names that sound expensive or high-end and how they are always downwardly mobile and perceived as cheap ([name]Tiffany[/name], [name]Crystal[/name], [name]Bentley[/name], names of alcoholic drinks, etc.). Then explain that in a similar way, boys’ names that sound overtly macho ([name]Ace[/name], [name]Buck[/name], [name]Lance[/name], whatever) sound like they are trying too hard to prove something and are actually the wimpy names (see famous gay man [name]Rock[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]), while names like [name]Jude[/name] exude confidence and an understated masculinity and strength.
If you don’t already know, [name]Logan[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] are each bestowed on over 14,000 babies each year, while only about 2000 are given the name you really love. And the mom is the one who fills out the birth certificate anyway! ; )

I love [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] from your list! I think [name]Noah[/name] is the safer option, but [name]Jude[/name] is the most impressive, imo. Really, I can imagine a [name]Jude[/name] being anyone, from a more reserved, softer kind of guy to a charming, strong, masculine guy. (Hello, what about [name]Jude[/name] [name]Law[/name]?) [name]Jude[/name] is cool and suave and very in style without having the popularity of [name]Noah[/name], but I think [name]Noah[/name] is every bit as awesome as [name]Jude[/name]–strong, quirky, vintage, handsome, classic, and if you are Christians, I bet he would get a kick out of learning the story of [name]Noah[/name] and the ark growing up. :slight_smile:

[name]Logan[/name] is nice, as well, but I’ve never loved it quite as much as the other two on your list–it’s a bit trendier and I think it’ll date a lot more quickly than [name]Noah[/name] or [name]Jude[/name] will.

Good luck!

I adore [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Jude[/name], can’t go wrong with either!

I love [name]Jude[/name]… I have a dog named [name]Judas[/name] (my dogs are my kids.) Maybe use that if he thinks [name]Jude[/name] is “wimpy.” Some people think it has a bad connection, but oh well. Names dont do bad things, people do bad things.

I love [name]Jude[/name]. It’s actually the only one I really like off your list. [name]Logan[/name] is second but I like [name]Jude[/name] much better! I think it’s stronger than the other two and very cool. Like a pp, I can picture it on just about anyone!

I have loved [name]Jude[/name] for a long time, and I think [name]Noah[/name] is great too. I dont think you can go wrong with those!

[name]Just[/name] love your reply Natrose! I am having a boy next month and we have almost decided on a name but have been told by a few that we should pick a more macho name! Your post just captures perfectly what I am trying to explain to others!

Anyway getting back to the names…I love the name [name]Jude[/name] and may well use it for our sons middle name. [name]Hope[/name] you use the name you love! Good luck!

logan…