Opinion on girls name wanted!

We are thinking of naming our daughter [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. Any thoughts, comments or alternatives (if you don’t care for the name) are welcome! I really want to get some feedback. We had a couple other names picked out but my husband has fallen in love with this name.

[name]Hadley[/name] reminds me of “Blazing Saddles” Where [name]Harvey[/name] Korman’s chacter, [name]Hedley[/name] [name]Lamarr[/name] is always being called [name]Hadley[/name]. Feels very boyish to me, but then I got my way with my daughter ([name]Josephine[/name], which is about as unfeminine you can get and still be girly)! If you both love [name]Hadley[/name], go for it. If only he’s in love with it and you’re merely tolerating it, here are a few suggestions in the same vein: [name]Sydney[/name], [name]Whitney[/name], [name]Hayley[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Lindsay[/name], [name]Macy[/name], [name]Lesley[/name], [name]Tracey[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Wallis[/name], [name]Yancey[/name], [name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Mallory[/name], [name]Flannery[/name] & [name]Darcy[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps a bit, good luck!

I like [name]Hadley[/name]; it appeals to me the same way [name]Hattie[/name] does. It’s cute and unusual; I say go for it. [name]Elizabeth[/name] I’m not wild about; it’s almost a default middle name.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] isn’t a must. It is a family name (my name, mothers middle name, husband’s grandmothers name). We would like the middle name to be a family name. Some others that we would consider for middle names no matter the first are:

[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Ann[/name]
[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
Illene
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is my very favorite girl’s name. It is a classic name, the name of queens, amazing literary characters, writers, etc. It is also my sister’s, mom’s, grandmother in law’s, and step-grandmother’s middle name and my great great aunt’s, high school best friend’s and great grandmother’s first name. [name]Elizabeth[/name] has many wonderful nicknames. As a word, it is a great shape with the tall l, b, t, and h sticking up and waving over the other lower letters. Sounds wonderful, too. I have to defend it because it is the best girl’s name ever, not a default middle name in my opinion. Also [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a timeless name like [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Anne[/name]. I would call it intensely, unapologetically classic. It is like a [name]Doric[/name] column that never crumbles.

I love your name choice of [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. The name is trendy enough to stand out but classic enough to always be beautiful. Go for it!

I agree that [name]Elizabeth[/name] is sometimes a default middle name (being an [name]Elizabeth[/name] myself, everyone I know practically has that middle name). Here are a few others that may work with [name]Hadley[/name] (so cute!):

[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] (i’m biased, [name]Beatrice[/name] is my daughter’s name)
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name]/[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name]/[name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Eugenia[/name]/[name]Eugenie[/name]

Sounds cute and spunky to me! I like [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a middle name because its pretty but also girls up [name]Hadley[/name].

Although I’m not a fan of trendy names, I actually do like [name]Hadley[/name], especially with [name]Jane[/name]. I think [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is darling, and a bit more unpredictable than [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], but in this case, prefer [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

If you’re not sold on [name]Hadley[/name], here are some similar names you may like:

[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Aubrey[/name]
[name]Devon[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Skylar[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Emery[/name]. It is my husbands grandmothers maiden name. I had excluded the name for awhile for various reasons but I think that those reasons are silly. What about a middle name? Suggestions would be great!

i personally love the name hadley, and think elizabeth is a wonderful middle name to go with it. a girl i knew growing up was named hadley and i was always jealous because her name was different from all the other 80s names. but i agree with whoever wrote that elizabeth girls is up. while i also love emery as a middle name, i dont think it goes as well with hadley as elizabeth does.

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Helen[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Judith[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] - depending on how your last name sounds, I think this is my favorite combo.
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - make sure the sound of “y” at the end and the beginning “E” in [name]Elizabeth[/name] aren’t bothering you. [name]Say[/name] them aloud together a few times.
I usually don’t list [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] as middles, because I assume that everyone has already thought of them since they are so popular. I love the middle name [name]Grace[/name] simply because it was my aunt’s name, but if it hadn’t been her name, I probably wouldn’t consider it. It’s too popular. But then I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] so I know that doesn’t make sense. [name]Jane[/name] is also a very popular middle, but I just love [name]Jane[/name]!

Thanks [name]Susan[/name]! I think I like [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] the best. I like elizabeth because it is a family name on both sides. His grandmother was [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Emery[/name]. So I think she would be honored if we went with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. But [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is very pretty! Our last name works with most names. It starts with a D and it is 3 syllables, ryhmes with [name]Isobel[/name].

I’m not sure how you feel about two middles, but I think [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is adorable! I do think [name]Hadley[/name] and [name]Emery[/name] pair well with [name]Elizabeth[/name] too. Good luck!

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I think it is adorable and will age well :slight_smile:

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is gorgeous!

I really like [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! Here are some more ideas, in case you’re still pondering combinations:

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Kate[/name] (which I think [name]Susan[/name] may have suggested!)
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Emery[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

If I had it my way I think I would go with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] but my husband was not a fan when I suggested [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] his response was “Freaking Awesome” so although it is a little bit of a mouthful it is BEAUTIFUL! Suggestions are definately still welcome she will not be here for another eight weeks and I love all the ideas!

We have decided on [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! While we both love [name]Emery[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] has more meaning for us. [name]Emery[/name] is my husband’s grandmother’s maiden name and [name]Jane[/name] is her middle name as well as his mother’s middle name. In addition my grandfather, who is no longer with us, was EJ ([name]Edgar[/name] [name]John[/name]). We are excited that her name is full of family meaning and (in my opinion) very pretty :slight_smile: Thanks for all the help! Let me know what you think!

[name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is lovely! I love the name [name]Jane[/name] as much as I love the name [name]Elizabeth[/name].