Opinion on month names?

I must admit month names are my guilty pleasure. Obviously there is the common [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f] (or [name_f]Mae[/name_f]) and [name_u]June[/name_u] and more recently [name_u]August[/name_u] but I’m also crushing on “more obvious” month names like [name_u]January[/name_u], [name_f]September[/name_f] and [name_u]November[/name_u]. ([name_f]Nova[/name_f] would be such a cute nickname!) I don’t think I’d ever actually use one of them but I love them even so. What are your thoughts on month names?

I think all of them are quite usable, it’s just that some of them are prettier than the others.

I’ve heard of [name_u]January[/name_u] used before nn [name_f]Jani[/name_f] is sweet. I know someone with a little [name_f]September[/name_f] and I think it’s very lovely. I don’t see why [name_u]November[/name_u] wouldn’t work as well.

While I personally wouldn’t use them, I do have a massive soft spot for [name_f]September[/name_f] and [name_f]October[/name_f] as names. I feel like they’re a bit much really for me to ever consider them, but I would definitely be thrilled to meet a child with the names!

Yeah I agree. Besides the standard [name_f]April[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f]/[name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u], I think [name_f]September[/name_f] and [name_u]November[/name_u] would work okay. [name_u]January[/name_u] doesn’t look right though imo. [name_m]Just[/name_m] with these names it’ll be difficult to avoid questions like “was she born in ____ (month)?” However I think they are definitely usable.

I think most of them are best used when they match the birth month, particularly the number months, but some of them were names before they were months. [name_u]August[/name_u] is just a form of [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] and actually isn’t recent at all. [name_u]July[/name_u] was named for [name_m]Julius[/name_m]. I think Quintilis is a good alternative to [name_u]Quin[/name_u] for [name_u]July[/name_u] births (It was called Quintilis before being replaced with [name_u]July[/name_u]). Most of the others are in honour of gods or concepts, so I think that’s a pretty legitimate name source. [name_m]Even[/name_m] the number months aren’t that odd in the grand history of names considering it was common for Romans to name their children by birth order ([name_m]Primus[/name_m], [name_m]Septimus[/name_m], etc.).

I have always loved [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]