Opinion on Name Kippling for Boy

My husband and I are so excited to be expecting a baby boy!! I’ve recently fallen in love with the name Kippling for a boy. It means “one who wears a crown”. To me it sounds dignified, gentlmanly and noble. But I want to know, what are other peoples impressions of the name Kippling?

My first thought is [name_m]Rudyard[/name_m] [name_m]Kipling[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Kip[/name_m] is a cute nickname

It’s got a nice sound, but reminds me of Mr Kipplings, a brand of cakes here in the UK. They are good cakes though

I think it’s a weak, silly-sounding name.

Southern.[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
…thank you for your encouragement. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

It reminds me of the hat/bag brand. It’s not my taste, but I could imagine it most as a middle name.

Kippling doesn’t appeal to me personally. To me it sounds more like a surname or brand name.

I like it! I agree that [name_m]Kipp[/name_m] is a cool nickname

I’m not a big fan of it. It’s not very appealing to me. I do like [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] though.

I think [name_m]Kip[/name_m]/[name_m]Kipp[/name_m] is cute! I’d be wary of the [name_m]Rudyard[/name_m] [name_m]Kipling[/name_m] connection though given his awful racism.

Reminds me of [name_m]Rudyard[/name_m] [name_m]Kipling[/name_m], author of The Jungle Book. I love the connection there, but if the nickname becomes [name_m]Kip[/name_m] it’s gonna be all sorts of [name_m]Napoleon[/name_m] Dynamite jokes for the poor boy.

You asked for opinions.