Opinion on names

My husband loves the name [name_f]Leia[/name_f] (as in [name_f]Princess[/name_f]) but we also like [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] (which is inspired by his grandmothers name [name_f]Marlene[/name_f]).

To me, [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] or even [name_f]Leia[/name_f] [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] don’t sound well together. I just heard the name [name_f]Aleia[/name_f] which is similar to [name_f]Leia[/name_f] and could work better.

I feel like if we went with [name_f]Leia[/name_f], I would prefer it to be a middle name instead of a first name because it is too similar to my name [name_f]Lydia[/name_f].

Any thoughts on how these names sound or any alternatives?

[name_f]Leia[/name_f] [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] works because the repeating sounds is in the second syllable. [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] runs together too much.

Does your husband love [name_f]Leia[/name_f] because of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars, or is it a name he just likes? If it’s because of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars, there are other names that could work instead of [name_f]Leia[/name_f].

[name_f]Aleia[/name_f] is really cute, and doesn’t have the star wars association. (While I am a [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] fan, it is one of those names that is very much associated with one person/character, which would might make it hard to wear)

[name_f]Aleia[/name_f] [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] is cute!

Other suggestions sounding similar to [name_f]Leia[/name_f]/[name_f]Marlee[/name_f]:

[name_f]Leah[/name_f]/[name_f]Lia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marie[/name_f]
Aleida
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

Names going off of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars:
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] (name of the woman who plays [name_u]Rey[/name_u])
[name_f]Sabine[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] (means star)
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] (Han Solo)
[name_f]Allana[/name_f]
Eisley
[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]

I know a couple who recently named their baby [name_f]Callie[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f] (for [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars as well).
I don’t think the flow is great, but if they end up being your favourite names it really isn’t that big a deal.

Another option would be to add a second middle name, something like:
[name_f]Marlee[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marlee[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f]

[name_f]Aleia[/name_f] [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] actually sounds really nice too :slight_smile:

[name_f]Leila[/name_f] [name_f]Marlee[/name_f] works well. It shouldn’t be a concern in this case, but in real life we seldom say our first and middle names together, only on paperwork, so as long as you like the flow of [name_f]Leila[/name_f] and her last name, I think you have a winner!