Opinion on our List

Hello all,

We are trying to narrow down our list and wanted opinions.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]

Hmm…
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - a very simple choice I personally prefer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] - I’m not a major fan of [name_f]Emily[/name_f] but I do understand the appeal it’s simple classic choice. I do prefer other ‘em’ choices like [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Emme[/name_f] & [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f].

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] - I love this one it’s spunky and elegant such a great choice. Something like [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] would be gorgeous.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] - this is a nice classic that used to be very common but now a underused gem. I think [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is a great choice completely unexpected.

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - a lovely botanical choice it’s beautiful really understated and elegant.

My favourite combination is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] : )

Your list is a bit “basic” for my liking. I wouldn’t want to give my kids names that make them 1 of 5 students in their class with the same name, but here are my thoughts on them all:

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]: [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is quite cute and spunky, it has fallen out of popularity a bit as [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] seems to be taking over, so it might be alright to use it now. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] have very different tones to them. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is much more elegant. A less common alternative I would suggest is: [name_f]Ophelie[/name_f] or [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

[name_f]Emily[/name_f]: [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is pretty, I am not the biggest fan of it however, I much prefer the more recently popular [name_u]Everly[/name_u], or [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] nn Emili as alternatives.

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]: [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is very tomboyish to me, and because it has no good nicknames, I just can’t get on board with it.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f]: I have seen [name_f]Julia[/name_f] described as one of the least problematic naming choices. I really like [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. It is simple, everyone knows it, but it isn’t way overly popular. However, an alternative I am in love with is [name_f]Juliette[/name_f].

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]: [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is very cute, but again, its popularity ruins it. If it wasn’t so popular it would be on my list. So instead I’d suggest going with [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]/[name_f]Liliana[/name_f] and calling her [name_f]Lili[/name_f].

My favourite on your list is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Julia[/name_f]. Here is my ranking from favourite to least from your list:

[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] is one of my all time favorite names, so that gets my top vote, but I also quite like [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] appeals because it is an established classic, but less well-used right now than some of the others.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] -simple but sophisticated
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] -literary and sweet but popular
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] -funky and cute but quite different from yiur other choices
[name_f]Julia[/name_f] - classic and bouncy
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - light and sweet

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] are my faves

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] is so lovely and would probably be my first choice. But sweet, sprightly [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a close second and a personal favorite of mine! [name_f]Julia[/name_f] is classic and definitely a great choice as it feels so underused. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is also classic, but it’s sooo common. [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] feels out of place with the rest of your list, and I’m just not a huge fan.

My favorite on your list is probably [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. Super cute. I’m not loving [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] because of the popularity. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] and [name_f]Julia[/name_f] are kinda bleh to me, but [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is cute! I prefer the [name_f]Lillie[/name_f] spelling. I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f] ([name_f]Lillie[/name_f]) [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]! Adorable.

My first choice would be [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]!

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - sweet, good for a baby, child, teen, or adult, and it’s one of those names that is “popular” but you actually don’t hear about a lot of kids with the name anymore, so you probably wouldn’t have many kids with the same name in school with her

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] - I like it, but it’s probably my least favorite on the list just because it’s so plain and overused. I think it’s getting to the point that [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is at, where it actually isn’t heard often and its charm is kind of revived, but it isn’t quite there yet in my opinion.

[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] - pretty different from the other names on your list, but I love it. It really isn’t very common, the spelling is very pleasing to the eye, and a little girl named [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] could have any personality and it would suit her well.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] - reminds me of a 90s rom-com character, in a good way! It’s perfect timing for a revival, much like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], because it feels really charming again and heard of, but not used a lot right now. It’s also visually appealing and strong but sweet.

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - my sister’s name is [name_f]Lili[/name_f], short for [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], and personally I like the [name_f]Lili[/name_f] spelling better, but it’s such a sweet name. I think flower names are really appealing right now because they feel really classic and pretty, but again, like someone with any personality could have the name.

From your list, I like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] or [name_f]Julia[/name_f] the best. However, have you considered [name_f]Lilia[/name_f]? It has the elegance of [name_f]Julia[/name_f], while still being close to the familiar [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] is a pretty option, or [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].