Opinion on top two girls and top two boys names

My husband and I are expecting our first in [name]August[/name]. We’re really excited! With girl’s names we’re trying to name for my grandmother [name]Gertrude[/name] called [name]Trudy[/name] and my husband’s grandmother [name]Joan[/name]. For a boy we’re naming for my husband’s grandfather [name]George[/name].

[name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Gertrude[/name] [name]Joan[/name]

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name]

I don’t think we’re finding out the sex of the baby, so I need to prepare for both. I posted this on another board on another site and the response was overwhelmingly negative. If you don’t like it please don’t tell me that they’re old or ugly or whatever just tell me they aren’t your style. I won’t judge your style if you don’t judge mine.

[name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name] for sure!

[name]Tru[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] would also make super sweet nicknames.

Suggestion if you’re open to them:
[name]Joanna[/name] [name]Gertrude[/name]

The names are nms but out of your top two i like [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name]. Best of luck.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]…you should consider putting that in the first spot, if you’re open to that. Otherwise, I like [name]Trudy[/name] more than [name]Gertrude[/name]…it just sounds a little more updated. [name]Tru[/name] would be a cute nn for either one, though.

For a boy, I like [name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name]…[name]Barnaby[/name] isn’t my style, it just feels a bit too outdated for my personal taste.

Good luck!

I agree! I love the classy [name]Josephine[/name], and the cute [name]Trudy[/name] pairs with it well. And while I love [name]Barnaby[/name], [name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name] just sings!

What about [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Trudy[/name]? I love that, actually. And the nns for [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name], [name]Posey[/name], [name]Poppy[/name], Sephie, etc.) are so sweet.

Good luck!

[name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] - This is my pick. I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Trudy[/name] but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Josephine[/name].
[name]Gertrude[/name] [name]Joan[/name] - Some of the old lady names shouldn’t come back… sorry. [name]Joan[/name] is nice… it’s my grandma’s middle name and a lot of the family on the east coast calls her that.

[name]Barnaby[/name] [name]George[/name] - Really don’t like [name]Barnaby[/name] for some reason.
[name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]!!

I know you didnt ask to mix them up, but if I was picking out of your collection of names I would use [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Trudy[/name] - i think thats pretty… but of your list I like [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] the best.
I like both of your boy names and cant really decide which one I prefer, but I think I am going to go [name]Barnaby[/name] (though I do like [name]Leo[/name] as a nn)…
good luck.

Honestly they aren’t my style but it does not matter. Name your children what you and your husband love!

[name]Joan[/name] makes an unexpected, yet cool and crisp tailored FIRST name, [name]IMO[/name]. [name]Josephine[/name] is nice too but a bit more on trend. My vote would be of your choices [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], and if we can mix and match, [name]Joan[/name] [name]Trudy[/name], with [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Trudy[/name] as nice backup if you’re really feeling crushed about being in style, as its probably the most current.

[name]True[/name] as a middle name would be kind of great too. But I like virtue names.

I like [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] a lot! I think [name]Trudy[/name] is cute and underrated, though I can’t stand [name]Gertrude[/name]. [name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name] is my favorite of your choices for boys.

As an alternative (I know you didn’t ask, so take with a grain of salt) - how about [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] for a girl? I think either of those would be very pretty.

I have a very bad personal association with [name]Trudy[/name]. It also has the feel of [name]Barb[/name] and [name]Marge[/name]. I would lean towards [name]Gertrude[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name].

We were discussing [name]True[/name] or [name]Truly[/name] as a middle for a bit, but felt that with the last name of Utter, it wouldn’t work. While I love virtue names and word names they just don’t work with Utter. I am leaning pretty heavily toward [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Barnaby[/name] [name]George[/name]. [name]One[/name] of my good friends is TTC and her favorite boy’s name is [name]Leo[/name]…[name]Leopold[/name] is my husband’s favorite so today I’m playing that the baby is [name]Leopold[/name].

I like [name]Trudy[/name] and [name]Leo[/name]! [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] [name]George[/name] sound sweet, and I love the family significance! If you wanted to tie in both grandmas, I think [name]Trudy[/name] [name]Joan[/name] might be nice too if your last name has at least two syllables. Good luck!