Opinions and help on my top names? :)

I’m not pregnant or TTC yet, since i’m only 16. However, I would love some opinions on my top 10 names for each gender and hopefully some good middle name suggestions as well! Names of people that I’d like to honor with middle names include [name]Ann[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Karen[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Mary[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name], [name]Suzanne[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Susan[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Lauren[/name] [name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Francis[/name] [name]Xavier[/name], [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Dean[/name]. Obviously, I know I’m going to use [name]Marie[/name]. [name]Samara[/name] is also a family name. As for the other mns, after we use up these, I would still like a name with a really great meaning, like [name]Joyce[/name]. Also for the other names, I would like to honor my Polish heratige (like with [name]Magdalena[/name]). Thanks!

Girls:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blithe[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name](is it ok on it’s own?) [name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]

Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name]
[name]Sebastien[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Oren[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]

Girls:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]-I like [name]Alice[/name], because its so classic, but not boring my eyes out. I dont much like [name]Lorraine[/name]. You could go to [name]Laura[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Laura[/name] sounds nice and [name]Laura[/name] goes well.
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name]-I love [name]Marie[/name], as a middle name and a first name, but its too popular as a first name I think. I like [name]Marie[/name] [name]Adelle[/name]. It still has a connection with [name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name].
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name]-This is a good combo, but I think I could do to some tweaking to make it to my liking, but if you like the names its good, its just not really my style of names. I would go with [name]Clara[/name] [name]Samantha[/name] or [name]Samantha[/name] [name]Clara[/name] myself.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]-I like names like [name]Ruby[/name], but not [name]Ruby[/name] in particular. What about [name]Jade[/name]? [name]Crystal[/name]? [name]Amethyst[/name]? I like [name]Amethyst[/name] [name]Catharine[/name], and it could have the nn of [name]Amy[/name] or [name]Ami[/name]([name]Amy[/name] works better).
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name]-[name]Anne[/name] is too popular for me, but I like the spelling [name]Ann[/name] better. My first middle name is [name]Ann[/name], and I hate it, but my parents like it of course :smiley: ! I love [name]Felicity[/name].
[name]Genevieve[/name]-Theres no mn for this! I like [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], although I love the spelling [name]Catharine[/name] better, but [name]Katherine[/name] was in your list on the top.
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blithe[/name]-Not a fan of [name]Vivienne[/name], but a fan or [name]Vivi[/name]. I think its a nickname that could stand on its own. I dpnt like [name]Blythe[/name].
[name]Clementine[/name]-I like [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Susan[/name].
[name]Sadie[/name](is it ok on it’s own?) [name]Magdalena[/name]-I love this combo! Good job! I think [name]Sadie[/name] SHOULD stand on its own. I mean [name]Sarah[/name]? [name]Sarah[/name] hardly has a connection to it! Although, I like [name]Sarah[/name] better than [name]Sadie[/name]…
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]-I like [name]Helen[/name] better than [name]Helena[/name], but nevertheless, this is an ok combo.

Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name]-Ok
[name]Sebastien[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Alfred[/name]
[name]Oren[/name]
[name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
All the boys ones are good i think.

Oh my goodness, what BEAUTIFUL name combinations you have listed there! Here are my individual comments on each of them:

Girls:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]-such a sweet combo. So very lovely and classy and refined! I think [name]Lorraine[/name] is a very beautiful middle name choice that compliments [name]Alice[/name] so very nicely. [name]Love[/name] this one!

[name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name]-gorgeous name combo; I love the uncommon but elegant [name]Adela[/name] with the common but lovely middle name [name]Marie[/name]! Plus, you are using [name]Marie[/name] to honor quite a few people on your list, and that’s wonderful!

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name]-this is very pretty. I kind of like the repeating “air” sound (I’m assuming [name]Samara[/name] is pronounced, “Suh-[name]MARE[/name]-uh,” is that correct?) and I like that you have a simple, soft, and sweet name-[name]Claire[/name]-paired with a more exotic middle name that ends in an A. [name]Samara[/name] is just stunning, by the way!

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]-can you say adorable?! And very beautiful, as well (I can definitely picture this on a precious little girl but also on a full-grown woman). I like how you balance out the more cutesy [name]Ruby[/name] with the very refined [name]Katherine[/name]. I just love [name]Ruby[/name] & [name]Katherine[/name] both as names, so I really love this combo!

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name]-so pretty. [name]Felicity[/name] is such an elegant, graceful, and jovial name! And the classic [name]Anne[/name] goes very nicely with it.

[name]Genevieve[/name]-such an exquisite name! For a middle name to pair with [name]Genevieve[/name], might I suggest [name]Frances[/name], to honor [name]Francis[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]? I know you’d be honoring him with your girl’s middle name (and you might just want to use your daughters’ middle names to honor the women and your sons’ middle names to honor the men) but I thought I’d mind as well throw that out there. I think [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Frances[/name] is a lovely name combo and has a nice ring to it! :wink:

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blithe[/name]-gorgeous combo that goes together exceptionally well! I typically prefer the “[name]Blythe[/name]” spelling but “[name]Blithe[/name]” looks nice here, in that it compliments [name]Vivienne[/name]'s "i"s. I really adore the meaning of this combo, too, with [name]Vivienne[/name] meaning “life” and [name]Blithe[/name] meaning, “free spirit, happy, carefree.” Really wonderful!!!

[name]Clementine[/name]-such a sweet name with lovely rhythm. Let’s see, for middle name suggestions…might I suggest “[name]Lily[/name]”-this would honor the ladies you want to honor on your list named [name]Suzanne[/name] and [name]Susan[/name], since [name]Suzanne[/name] and [name]Susan[/name] mean “lily.” [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lily[/name], isn’t that super-sweet and darling? And quite beautiful for when she grows up, too.

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]-I think [name]Sadie[/name] is okay to use on its own! It’s sweet, simple, and beautiful, yet stylish at the same time. I love it paired with the exotic [name]Magdalena[/name]. I like the rhythm of this name combo as I say it out loud: “[name]SAY[/name]-dee”-"[name]MAG[/name]-duh-lay-nuh." [name]Lovely[/name]!

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]-love [name]Helena[/name]! [name]How[/name] do you prefer to pronounce it? “[name]Helen[/name]-uh,” “Huh-[name]LAY[/name]-nuh,” or…? Pairing [name]Helena[/name] with [name]Joyce[/name] is wonderful. I like it a lot! I know you already have [name]Marie[/name] paired with [name]Adela[/name], and I do not know if you like two middle names, but might I suggest [name]Helena[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Marie[/name]? It sounds so lovely. In fact, this is a name combo on my list.

Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name]-very handsome combo! [name]Love[/name] how classy and classical it looks, sounds, and feels. Terrific!

[name]Sebastien[/name]-such a striking name. You could pair it with [name]Dean[/name]-[name]Sebastien[/name] [name]Dean[/name] sounds quite regal & handsome. But then again, you might not like pairing [name]Sebastien[/name] with [name]Dean[/name] because they both end in “n” and sound a little abrupt together (but not too abrupt, on second thought). But I still think it is a fine, striking combo, all things considered.

[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]-really love this one! I really like [name]Maxwell[/name]-it’s so very distinguished to me, and pairing it with the ever-classic, refined [name]Anthony[/name] is a perfect fit! Score!

[name]Simon[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]-okay, I might be sounding like a broken record here, but I adore this name combo, too! It is extremely dashing. The names [name]Simon[/name] & [name]Xavier[/name] are so strong and handsome, but not all that common! Great combo…

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Alfred[/name]-I really like these two names together-they just seem to fit like a glove because they are both unexpected yet familiar at the same time-and they are quite handsome as well. You are so skilled at coming up with fabulous name combinations!

[name]Oren[/name]-I like this name, but I am not head-over-heels in love with it. But it is growing on me…for a name combo, how about [name]Oren[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] ([name]Nathaniel[/name] is also Hebrew like [name]Oren[/name], and I think it sounds really nice with it), [name]Oren[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] ([name]Benedict[/name] means “blessed” and kind of has the same feel as [name]Xavier[/name]), [name]Oren[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] ([name]Gabriel[/name] is also Hebrew like [name]Oren[/name] and I think it also compliments it nicely)…do you fancy any of those?

[name]Quentin[/name]-I think this is a very distinguished name, personally! Let’s see…what middle names could we pair with it? Oooh-how about [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]? I just [name]LOVE[/name] it, and [name]Oliver[/name] is Latin just like [name]Quentin[/name]! [name]Do[/name] you like it?

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]-love it! [name]Love[/name] how warm this name combo feels, and how you pair the exotic, yet familiar [name]Felix[/name] with the classical [name]Jonathan[/name]! A dandy of a name!

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]-once again, another very strong-sounding, masculine name. I love the folkish-feel of [name]Peter[/name] paired with the delightful, super-strong, “glossy” [name]Solomon[/name]. If that makes any sense whatsoever…I’m probably sounding pretty weird by now…

[name]Elliot[/name]-such a fine, charming, and striking name! [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Desmond[/name] sounds rather handsome, and I’ll also suggest [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]…

All I can say is wow! I really love your names & name combos…you really are gifted at coming up with wonderful names and then pairing them with beautifully complimentary middle names! I really love how you are honoring people, too with some of your middle name choices. Wonderful!

[name]Hope[/name] I helped you in some way. Best wishes!

~*~Nameseeker3

You have a great list! :slight_smile:

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name]: I love [name]Alice[/name]! This is a pretty combo, though I’m not really a fan of [name]Lorraine[/name] (it seems dated). If you’re fine with using variations on family names, what about: [name]Alice[/name] [name]Marianne[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name], or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Antonia[/name]?

[name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name]: I love [name]Adela[/name]-- it’s one of my more recent favorites. Does it have to be [name]Marie[/name] in the middle? I feel like it kind of takes the interestingness out of [name]Adela[/name]. I like [name]Adela[/name] [name]Miriam[/name] if you want another [name]Marie[/name] variation.

[name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name]: [name]Claire[/name] is very pretty, if a little overused. [name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name] is nice, but sort of R-heavy. What about [name]Claire[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]?

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]: I don’t like [name]Ruby[/name] at all. It’s trendy, and it just doesn’t have a nice sound to me. The combo is nice, though.

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name]: I’m not a huge fan of [name]Felicity[/name], but that’s just me. [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is nice, but [name]Anne[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] would be lovely.

[name]Genevieve[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]! It’s one of my favorites. What about [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Kathleen[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Laurel[/name], or [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Anna[/name]?

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blithe[/name]: I really like [name]Vivienne[/name]. [name]Blithe[/name]/[name]Blythe[/name] isn’t my favorite at all, but it sounds good with [name]Vivienne[/name].

[name]Clementine[/name]: I like it, but I’m not sure if it’s too over the top. What about [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Mary[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], or [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]?

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]: I wouldn’t use [name]Sadie[/name] on its own. It’s too cutesy. [name]Magdalena[/name] is nice.

[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joyce[/name]: I really like [name]Helena[/name], but [name]Joyce[/name] is so middle aged. And Behind the Name says it means ‘lord’-- I wouldn’t say that’s an exceptionally great meaning. I think [name]Helena[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is nice.

My favorites from your girl’s list are [name]Alice[/name], [name]Adela[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Helena[/name], but all of them are nice. :slight_smile:

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name]: I love [name]Henry[/name], but I love [name]Frances[/name] for a girl, so I can’t really get on board with [name]Francis[/name]. It’s a perfectly nice combo, though.

[name]Sebastien[/name]: I like [name]Sebastian[/name], but are you pronouncing it the French way, since you have the French spelling? If not, I would just go with [name]Sebastian[/name]. I like [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Xavier[/name].

[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]: [name]Maxwell[/name] is okay, but I’ve never really been fond of it-- I think it’s too surnamey for me.

[name]Simon[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]: I love [name]Simon[/name], and this is a very nice combo.

[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Alfred[/name]: [name]Lionel[/name] is nice, though I prefer [name]Leo[/name]. The -el to [name]Al[/name] transition is kind of mushy, so [name]Alfred[/name] maybe isn’t the best here.

[name]Oren[/name]: I read a book where [name]Oren[/name] was a nasty antagonist, so I very much dislike this name. [name]Oren[/name] [name]Xavier[/name], maybe.

[name]Quentin[/name]: I like this name a lot, and the nickname [name]Quinn[/name]. [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Francis[/name] or [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] would be nice.

[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]: Very nice combo!

[name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name]: I really like this one. [name]Peter[/name] is great, and I have a baby cousin named [name]Solomon[/name], which I think is definitely ready for revival.

[name]Elliot[/name]: [name]Elliot[/name] is nice, just not a favorite of mine. It’s going to the girls, though, so beware of that. :frowning:

My favorites are [name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name], [name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name], and [name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name].

You guys are great! Thanks! Lets see. I’m loving the combos [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lily[/name], [name]Oren[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name], [name]Alice[/name] [name]Antonia[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Francis[/name], and [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]. As for pronunciation, I’m pronouncing [name]Helena[/name] like [name]Helen[/name]-uh and was going to pronounce [name]Samara[/name] like Suh-mahr-uh, but now I think I like the Suh-mare-uh pronunciation better… which do you all prefer? I’m still not sure about [name]Sadie[/name] as a full name though. Oh and I hadn’t realised I’d spelled [name]Sebastian[/name] the French way, oops! Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Anyway, thanks again for all of your lovely critiquing and complimenting!

Girls:
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] - I think that the double ‘l’ sounds are a bit of a tongue twister.
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - even though I don’t like these two names serperately I like the sound of them together.
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name] - the ‘air’ from [name]Claire[/name] and the ‘mara’ from [name]Samara[/name] seem repetitive to me.
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - I adore this name and the fact that you could switch it to [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] and still have a lovely name.
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - I think it is about time that [name]Felicity[/name] gets some attention, what a great underused name.
[name]Genevieve[/name] - would you pronounce it ‘jen-a-veev’ or ‘jen-vee-ev’?
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blithe[/name] - I love the surprising [name]Blithe[/name] with the classic [name]Vivienne[/name] *may be my favorite name!
[name]Clementine[/name] - not a fan of this name.
[name]Sadie[/name](is it ok on it’s own?) [name]Magdalena[/name] I think [name]Sadie[/name] is definitely okay on its own. I am a [name]Sarah[/name] and no one has ever even tried to call me [name]Sadie[/name] so I think that this name is out of use in the ‘normal’ population as a nn for [name]Sarah[/name]. Magdelena is a surprising choice. [name]Do[/name] you know the history of this name?
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] - I love [name]Helena[/name] not a huge fan of [name]Joyce[/name].

Boys:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name] - I adore [name]Henry[/name], what a handsome choice. Not a fan of [name]Francis[/name] but since it has family history it flows nicely.
[name]Sebastien[/name] - I love [name]Sebastian[/name] but can you please please spell it with the ‘a’ not the ‘e’?
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] - What a handsome name!
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] - again, such a handsome name!
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Alfred[/name] - not a huge fan, sorry.
[name]Oren[/name] - seems out of place next to all the classically handsome names.
[name]Quentin[/name] - I secretly love this name! Quen is so nice!
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] - I adore [name]Felix[/name] and this combo sounds so good!
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] - I love [name]Peter[/name] but would rather see it paired with something else.
[name]Elliot[/name] - [name]Love[/name] love [name]Love[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] more than you can possibly know! I think [name]Elliot[/name] would match good with many if not most of your classic names here! [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]?

Great names! hope I wasn’t too harsh!

Thanks for the imput! Would [name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name] sound better if [name]Samara[/name] was pronounced Suh-Mahr-uh? I pronounce Genevienve ‘’[name]Jen[/name]-a-veev." As for [name]Magdalena[/name], I used it because it’s a Polish name (also a Spanish name by the way), and I’m Polish. It’s from the the place called [name]Magdala[/name] in the Bible, where [name]Mary[/name] [name]Magdalene[/name] lived. And I do plan on using the ‘a’ in [name]Sebastian[/name]. I mistyped it :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re very welcome for commenting on your name combos. :wink: Also, I am so happy that you liked some of my middle name suggestions! :slight_smile: [name]Glad[/name] I could be of some help :wink:

As far as [name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name] and the pronunciation of [name]Samara[/name], it depends if you like alliteration in a name…some people do, while others find it too much (and often, it depends on the name)…In this case, I think [name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name] is really nice pronounced [name]Claire[/name] Suh-mare-uh. I like the alliteration. However, [name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name], pronounced Suh-mahr-uh, is quite lovely, too! Maybe the other posters/berries will comment on which pronunciation they like better for [name]Samara[/name]…Of course, it’s up to you in the end how you want to pronounce it, but if you really can’t decide, maybe you could just go with what most posters find more appealing. If you’d like, you could even start a new post asking what pronunciation people prefer for [name]Samara[/name] as a middle name for [name]Claire[/name]. That way, your specific question regarding this issue might get noticed by more berries…this is just a suggestion, though. :wink:

Oh, and also-one more thing. If [name]Samara[/name]-a family name you want to use to keep traditions going/to honor someone-is pronounced “Suh-mahr-uh” within your family, then it might just be better to keep it pronounced that way, so family members don’t get confused…does that make sense? :?

[name]Hope[/name] I could be of some help to you :wink: Once again, beautiful name combos on your list! You have great taste! :wink:

Best wishes,
~*~Nameseeker3

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Lorraine[/name] - I love [name]Alice[/name], [name]Lorraine[/name] is nice. Beautiful combo. What about [name]Alice[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]?
[name]Adela[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - nice
[name]Claire[/name] [name]Samara[/name] - nice
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] - love this
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Anne[/name] - nice
[name]Genevieve[/name] - [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Ann[/name] is nice
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Blithe[/name] - I like the [name]Blythe[/name] spelling better, but it’s a wonderful name.
[name]Clementine[/name] - beautiful, [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] is a combo I really like
[name]Sadie[/name](is it ok on it’s own?) [name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Joyce[/name] - my favorite, it honors your heritage as well - [name]Helena[/name] from Sienkiewicz’s With [name]Fire[/name] and Sword.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Francis[/name] - lovely
[name]Sebastien[/name] - I like [name]Sebastian[/name] better, [name]Sebastien[/name] [name]Francis[/name] or [name]Sebastien[/name] [name]Henry[/name] work for me
[name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Anthony[/name] - great
[name]Simon[/name] [name]Xavier[/name] - nice
[name]Lionel[/name] [name]Alfred[/name] - nice
[name]Oren[/name] - nice, [name]Oren[/name] [name]Francis[/name]?
[name]Quentin[/name] - I like [name]Quentin[/name] [name]Lionel[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] - love [name]Felix[/name], my favorite of your list
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] - nice
[name]Elliot[/name] - nice, [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Francis[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Sebastien[/name]…