Opinions Needed! - Long Post [Girls Edition]

I have long lists of names for my characters. They are split in 2 families, The Westbrooks and The Montgomerys. [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] was a surname that I found and immediately loved and thought that would fit perfectly the family; [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] was the only other surname that I could think of… I wanted something long, strong and kinda of snobbish… So, I’m not totally happy with [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], but I think it goes well with most of the names…

I’m looking for some feedback on those names. I’d like to know what are your immediate associations with those names, what role they would have in a family (Grandma, Mother, Daughter, [name_u]Baby[/name_u], The [name_u]Rebel[/name_u],…), what role they would have in society (Ex. Is [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] a ranch girl or a doctor?) and other things you might want to add (like what you would change in the name, the age, other nicknames or specific physical traits you associate with the name)

PS. Think future. (Around 2030-2050)

Here is the list:

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Addie[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]”
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]”
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]”
[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Brynn[/name_f]”
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Noor[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Callie[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]”
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Swift [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] Medina “[name_f]Cate[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]”
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] Medina “[name_f]Clara[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]”
[name_f]Coretta[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Coretta[/name_f]”
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]”
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]” or “[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]”
[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_u]Linden[/name_u] “[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]”
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Freya[/name_f]”
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] “[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]”
[name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_u]Halle[/name_u]”
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] “[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]”
[name_f]Keira[/name_f] [name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Keira[/name_f]”
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Lily[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]”
[name_f]Leonore[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_u]Nori[/name_u]” or “[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]”
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]”
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] “[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]” or “[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]”
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_u]Rue[/name_u]”, “[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]” or “[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]”
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] “[name_f]Thea[/name_f]”

Thank you so much!
[Boys Edition: https://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/220923-Opinions-Needed!-Long-Post-Boys-Edition?p=3349711#post3349711)

Before I begin, these are all absolutely beautiful names! Great job choosing - I can really tell you’ve put thought into it. The names aren’t crazy-futuristic, but just unusual enough to fit in the time period. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m], I immediately jump to proper, prim, high-society lady. But with the nickname [name_f]Addie[/name_f] and the middle of [name_u]Harper[/name_u] thrown into the mix, it makes the whole name feel much younger and fresher. I would imagine a sort of teenager girl, still proper and a jewelry-and-skirt-wearing kind of person but a very modern woman altogether.

[name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - There’s something about [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] that always makes me think of a younger girl with pigtails. I’m not sure why. [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is a lovely combination.

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], to me, is a kind of country-girl vibe name, but [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] raises the bar a bit. I imagine a young woman, mid-twenties to early-thirties, working in the corporate world.

[name_f]Brynn[/name_f] [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] gives off a definite teenage or pre-teen feeling for me.

[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Noor[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - Maybe somebody college-age? And maybe studying something in the “creative professions” (i.e. art, music, drama, etc.) for her major. I also picture [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] and [name_f]Callie[/name_f] to have very curly hair, though that may just be because of a past book [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] nicknamed [name_f]Callie[/name_f] that I’ve read.

[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Swift [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] Medina - An older woman, maybe in her fifties, with a sort of air of high-society snobbery. ([name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, I love [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], it’s just when used in conjunction with the family middle name and two last names, it comes off as very upper-crust.)

[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] Medina - Again, this may just be because of past books, but [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f] has red hair to me, in some way, shape or form! I see her as a very creative soul, but I don’t really get a particular age from the name.

[name_f]Coretta[/name_f] [name_f]Diane[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - [name_f]Coretta[/name_f], for me, evokes a woman in her mid-thirties, maybe working, maybe not. In my head, she’s married, with at least one child.

[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], in my opinion, just exudes happy, quirky, blond-curly-haired preschool age girl.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - A girl, maybe around seventeen or eighteen, ready to leave for college to do something in the world of science. This also gives off a sort of tough-cookie, city-girl, hip vibe.

[name_u]Ember[/name_u] [name_u]Linden[/name_u] - Maybe about an eight year old, sweet dispositioned but very quiet and shy. Loves her family, but doesn’t really like to be around strangers.

[name_f]Freya[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - Somebody in her mid-thirties, an artist who paints and works a lot with watercolors. I can also imagine that she always has paint spatters on her hands and clothes.

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] - Another name that, like [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], gives off a definite “cool girl”, teen or pre-teen sort of vibe.

[name_u]Halle[/name_u] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - An older woman in her forties or fifties, very outgoing and Southern-belle like. (I think it’s the middle name of [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] that gives me the Southern-belle bit of her character.)

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] - Either a kind, naive, delicate young girl or a very old woman with the same personality traits. Either way, [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] is a name that I can imagine enjoying sunshine and flowers.

[name_f]Keira[/name_f] [name_u]Auden[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - [name_f]Keira[/name_f] is one name that I feel I can’t comment on, because I have a [name_f]Keira[/name_f] myself in my own writing! So my opinion would be biased based off of my character. (In case you’re wondering, my [name_f]Keira[/name_f] is an assassin - I mainly write fantasy - in her early twenties with bright red hair and a penchant for throwing stars.)

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - This is one name that is kind of hard to read for me. The [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] makes it seem fresh and young, but the [name_f]Florence[/name_f] makes it feel classic and older. This is the kind of character where, no matter what you decide to do with her, her name will fit.

[name_f]Leonore[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - [name_m]Ah[/name_m], [name_f]Leonore[/name_f]. To me, this is always going to be one of those classic, wonderful, family-clan-matriarch kind of names. I picture a very traditional woman, in her seventies or eighties, who is the undisputed ruler of the family - for good or bad.

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - An early teenager, maybe from thirteen-fifteen, and very smart. Enjoys math and being outside running or riding bikes. Kind of a tomboy-sort of girl, but can be proper when the occasion calls for it.

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] [name_m]Westbrook[/name_m] - [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and [name_f]Tilly[/name_f] are just sweet names - I first picture it as a young girl, and then as an adult in some sort of helping profession, like a teacher, nurse, volunteer worker, etc.

[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] is another matriarch name to me, but the nicknames of [name_u]Rue[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] take it down a peg. So maybe a very bossy young adult (early twenties) well on her way to becoming the matriarch. She’s just not quite there yet, but she’s ready to step into the shoes.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] [name_m]Montgomery[/name_m] - [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is a name that could go either way for me. I’ve considered [name_f]Thea[/name_f] for character names myself - both for protagonists and antagonists. [name_f]Thea[/name_f], to me, is very versatile. Her name will fit no matter how you choose to describe her. :slight_smile:

@wisebird39 Thank you so much! I did take lots of time to get all those names… It’s crazy how some of your descriptions are so accurate! (The one that blew my mind was your comment on [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]'s hair.)