Opinions needed please! I’m emotional

I’m pregnant with my 3rd and last baby.
Our first 2 are [name_u]Whitney[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_u]Wesley[/name_u] [name_m]Cain[/name_m].

I’m in love with the name [name_m]Wylder[/name_m]. I prefer this spelling because in my mind it grounds it a bit, helps it seem like less of an adjective, more of a name. We’ve agreed on this for the first name, still not agreed on the spelling - he likes it spelled more traditionally: [name_u]Wilder[/name_u].

I want to use my maiden name as his middle. The catch is that would be [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd _____. I know that could sound really silly when reading aloud, etc, but it’s my family name and has a ton of meaning - and part of me also kind of loves that it’s got an obvious additional meaning. I’ve always loved my last name. Hubs says it just doesn’t flow, he understands because it’s meaningful but he doesn’t love the sound/label it could give the kid.

[name_u]Honest[/name_u] opinions, please. I’ve been really sensitive about this haha and am obviously having a hard time deciding and I feel like it’s my last chance to include my family name so even if it sounds silly I should!

Our alternative is [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u], which has no real meaning we just like the sound and that it goes with the other kids names. I’m. So. Torn!

I absolutely love [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] | [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]. That said, it is a slight expectation/projection name and therefore [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] Kidd gives me a very big pause. I do not think I would do it. I am interested to see other responses though.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal preference is [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], but I absolutely understand your explanation for the y as it does keep it seeming more like a name!
I will say that the reason I can see [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] as a name is because I am very familiar with [name_f]Laura[/name_f] Ingalls [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] and the surname [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] already feels like a name rather than a descriptive word.

I LOVE Kidd as a middle name for sure!!! Meaningful and unique and it sounds great with [name_u]Wilder[/name_u]!

1 Like

Congratulations on your new little bundle of joy!
Your kids have such lovely names. Wilder/Wylder is great. [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd sounds fine to me i find it so adorable. [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] is also nice!

1 Like

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u] to Nameberry!

This is a tough situation. I love the idea of using maiden names in the middle, but [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd is…too much for me, I think. Are you open to two middle names? [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [something] Kidd LN seems to be the easiest adjustment for you to still keep your family name.

6 Likes

Where the first two have a matching first initial AND rhyming middles I will say it does seem odd to have the matching first initial like the other two but then a non rhyming middle. It seems like a break in the pattern but also not really. At the end of the day though there’s no laws saying sibsets have to go together or that names have to have a good flow. So maybe just ask hubby if flow is really that much of a dealbreaker for him…. Because as much as you want to use a name you love you also want to make sure it’s a name he loves as well.

1 Like

This was going to be my suggestion.

I don’t think Wylder/Wilder Kidd is unusable, but it is quite descriptive, and doesn’t give him something to fall back on if he’s a very calm, quiet person? Still, I do like how meaningful it is and it is kind of fun and full of cool energy!

Wylder Blaine Kidd, Wylder Elliott Kidd, Wylder Louis Kidd, Wylder Reese Kidd, Wydler Finley Kidd, Wylder Jude Kidd came to mind

2 Likes

I loved [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd and that it honours you. To me honour names trump !

1 Like

In my mind we’ll likely call him [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] when he’s young at least

1 Like

We thought about [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] and that’s likely what we’ll call him as a baby/child, but wanted something stronger for an adult as the given name. It also follows the pattern more, maybe I’ll revisit [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] Kidd instead

[name_u]Lane[/name_u] was also considered as the middle - [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] [name_u]Lane[/name_u] fits the pattern

1 Like

I think it’s hard because they both have such literal meanings, so [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd does seem like a lot. I think the spelling of [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] softens it a bit & it’s not like Kidd is the surname so they wouldn’t be referred by it as a full name day to day. If you add on your last name eg [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd [name_m]Jones[/name_m], they would be known more as [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_m]Jones[/name_m] than [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd.

I like the idea of adding another name too like [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] Kidd last name or [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] Kidd last name :slight_smile: Maybe something similar to Kidd like [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_u]Kit[/name_u] last name? But it maybe that would be too over complicated. I think that [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] Kidd would be the perfect compromise as you say this is your last child I think it’s good to use the names you want & not necessarily match the other names exactly.

2 Likes

wylder kidd is super cool, in all honesty, i love it. wylder hayes is also dashing, but i say go with the name you love- and it sounds like that’s kidd! :bison:

1 Like

[name_m]Ah[/name_m], yeah, forgot about [name_u]Wylie[/name_u]! That makes sense :slight_smile: [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] Kidd sounds cool!

I known this is an oit there suggestion, but what about Kiddson or something, as he is the son of Kidd
[name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kiddson. There, fixed and awesome.

1 Like

Congratulations :tada::tada:

I really love both Wilder/Wylder I think the name is really gorgeous so outdoorsy, fashionable, fun and great addition to your W sibling set so cohesive. I love the idea of using your maiden name it’s Kidd is a lot feels very descriptive and a little of a Kardashian baby name so I think it depends whether you like the slightly flamboyant style of a celebrity baby name (I know many people do) or not. If not was me I would break the name up by using two middle names [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] Kidd for example could be cool and break up the description.

1 Like

If you can get your husband onboard I think you should use your maiden name because it’s important and meaningful to you. Its also just a cool name! The flow is fine.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] Kidd as his name!!! Very handsome.

1 Like

I’m a firm believer that family names are more important than flow, and think they should be used unless it results in something inappropriate or ridiculous. [name_m]Wylder[/name_m] Kidd is neither; I think it’s interesting and memorable. A lot of people will immediately recognize Kidd as your maiden name, and for the others it’s an easy explanation.

1 Like

I think it’s usable but I like [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] Kidd so.much.better!!!

[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] seems like a good alternative that could also get you to [name_u]Wylie[/name_u] without the unique spelling and descriptive name.

Good luck!

1 Like