Opinions needed

We are getting down to the wire (4 more weeks to go!!). But we still are up in the air about our boy names. We have a little girls name picked and it will be [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Reece[/name] but we are battling with the boy name. The middle name will be [name]Kristopher[/name] after my DH. So here it goes… [name]Max[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Linc[/name], [name]Grady[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name], or [name]Jayce[/name]. Which do you prefer and why?

[name]Max[/name] - love it. Definitely my favorite.
[name]Lincoln[/name] - NMS.
[name]Grady[/name] - Yuck. Sounds like ‘grate’.
[name]Jayce[/name] - ugh. Hate this name. Annoyingly trendy and preppy.

Would you be opposed to [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Reese[/name], I think that looks so much nicer on a girl?

[name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name] definitely gets my vote. [name]Lincoln[/name] is strong and handsome, and the nn [name]Linc[/name] is awesome.

[name]Max[/name] is too nicknamey for, but would be OK. [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name] would be great, and I could definitely see [name]Lydia[/name] & [name]Maxwell[/name] being siblings.

[name]Jayce[/name] is my least favourite from your lit, it’s trendy and I’d almost be inclined to say made up. [name]Jace[/name] looks a lot better but is still trendy.

[name]Grady[/name] is not my style at all and doesn’t sound very good with the MN of [name]Kristopher[/name]. I have actually met a [name]Grady[/name], and to be honest I don’t see why it wouldn’t work if [name]Brady[/name] does. However, people could assume that he is Grayden/[name]Graydon[/name] nn [name]Grady[/name].

[name]Lincoln[/name] wins hands down for me!

I like [name]Max[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name] the best off this list. I don’t really like [name]Lincoln[/name] personally, but I think [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name] has a really good flow and I love [name]Linc[/name]. I would like [name]Max[/name] the best if it were [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name] because the flow is so much better than [name]Max[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name]. I think [name]Max[/name]/[name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] sound better than [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name].

[name]Grady[/name] is the own name that I think sounds good paired up with [name]Kristopher[/name].

I agree with sheflieswithherownwings that [name]Maxwell[/name] would be perfect, but [name]Max[/name] alone is too nick-namey.

Best of luck!

[name]Max[/name] - love. It’s approachable, friendly, but still strong enough to stand on its own for a resume or something equally professional. :slight_smile: I love it, although I like a few of your options more.

[name]Grady[/name] - I agree with @usagurl4–[name]Grady[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name] is great! I absolutely adore [name]Gray[/name] as a nn, too… [name]Grayson[/name] nn [name]Gray[/name] is on my top 5.

[name]Lincoln[/name] - absolutely love this. It just narrowly missed being put on my short list. I don’t love [name]Linc[/name], which is why I would vote for [name]Grady[/name] over this, but this is just narrowly my second choice. Lovelovelove. I’m not sure you could use this with [name]Lydia[/name], though, if you plan on having more than one… [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name] sound pretty similar.

[name]Jayce[/name] - I like the thought behind it–its quick, approachable sound, its meaning of “healer”, the way it’s more modern than the dated [name]Jason[/name], but I like something like [name]Gray[/name] or [name]Zane[/name], which has a similar feel to me but still a bit less trendy. I don’t think [name]Jayce[/name]/[name]Jace[/name] really has the same classy appeal that [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Lincoln[/name], and [name]Grady[/name] have, either, sorry.

Good luck!

[name]Max[/name]! its my sons name, so im a little biased. and you DONT have to name him [name]Maxwell[/name] just because it might flow better with [name]Kristopher[/name]! kristopher is a family name, and thats more important than flow! :slight_smile:

[name]Max[/name] is cool, but as a nn - Maybe you would like [name]Maxim[/name] [name]Kristopher[/name]?
[name]Lincoln[/name] nn [name]Linc[/name] is cool, but maybe too cool. Maybe you would like [name]Lennon[/name], [name]Lennox[/name], [name]Landon[/name] or [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Jackson[/name], [name]Ford[/name]?
[name]Grady[/name] is okay, but I prefer [name]Brady[/name]. NN [name]Gray[/name] does make it a bit more appealing. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Graydon[/name] or [name]Grayson[/name]? You might also like [name]Garrett[/name]/[name]Garrick[/name]/[name]Garrison[/name].
[name]Jayce[/name] sounds a bit dated, but I see it’s appeal. It is a bit nicknamey though. [name]Ace[/name] is kinda cool, if you like nicknamey names.

I like the names in the order as they appear in your list :slight_smile: