Opinions needed!

Hello! Today I was looking at my list of names for a girl and while I really want to name my first daughter [name_f]Clover[/name_f], there is a name me and my partner have always looked at and loved so I would just love to know if the name is too cutesy or sounds like it would not age well. I have been told those things before and just wanted to see what a larger community Thought! Thank you :two_hearts:

Name: [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] :rose:

1 Like

I’ve known Rosies are various ages and i don’t think it’s too cutesy

1 Like

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is adorable, but I myself do prefer it as a nickname for [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or one of its variants.

1 Like

Although it is a bit cutesy, I think it’s a timeless classic and so wears well on any age. :blush:

1 Like

I would definitely prefer it as a nn to [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], etc, etc. Not very substantial on its own imho.

1 Like

Ok, I know a 20 year old [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] so it does age well. Her full name is [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] though.

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is such a classic that I can easily picture it on someone of any age. I love it! I think it can stand on its own, although I do love [name_f]Rose[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] if using it as a nn for a longer full appeals to you. I don’t think it’s any more cutesy than [name_f]Clover[/name_f], and I think both would wear well, with [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] having the added advantage of high familiarity. They would be such a sweet sister set!

1 Like

oh if you want a full name I suggest [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]!!

1 Like

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is a lovely name on all ages.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] is wonderful. It’s a great name, no issues for me :smiley:

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] doesn’t sound like a name that would be taken seriously. It’s OK on a child/teenager or an old lady, but not on a woman doing a presentation at work. [name_f]Roseanne[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] sound more functional. I know a [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], and another who goes by RoRo.

1 Like

The name “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]” is lovely on women and girls of all ages, but it might be good to consider a more substantial full name and give “[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]” as a nickname to give your daughter options.

1 Like

Personally, when someone told me their names was [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] I’d assume it was a nickname for something. But that doesn’t make it a bad name. I think [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] ages very well and suits girls and women of all ages. It’s not too cutesy for a grown woman. To me, it falls in the same category as [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]: soft and light, but not too cutesy and suitable for any age.

1 Like