Opinions, Nicknames and middle name for Lyrica

Hi, I have posted here before asking about sibling names and I got so many wonderful responses, we are keeping the baby gender a suprise until birth but we want to have an option of three baby names for each gender so we can pick the name at birth based on what we feel is right. So, for boys our list is [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Maximus[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leander[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], on our girl list so far we have [name_f]Esther[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] and [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]. We are trying to think of a third option, we came across [name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] and are liking it a lot, what are opinions on the name? We also need a middle name and nickname, any suggestions? Would [name_f]Ricki[/name_f] work as a nickname?
Brothers are [name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m] and [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] aka [name_m]Jed[/name_m] and [name_m]Zac[/name_m]. Thank you for reading :blush:

I like the sound of [name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] but it is a type of medication. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know if that’s something that would bother you but just FYI.
I like the suggestion of [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] and maybe [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]?
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] or [name_f]Esther[/name_f] would be really nice :blush:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lyrica[/name_f]. It has such a beautiful sound.

I think you should be aware that it’s a medication name. I had to look it up. It’s a nerve pain medication. I’m not sure if that makes it unusable.

Ricki works as a nn, as do these:

Ryka /Ryker
[name_f]Ica[/name_f]
[name_f]Icy[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u]
Ryx
Lyr
[name_f]Lyla[/name_f]

Lyrica [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Jenelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Viola[/name_f]

1 Like

@pamjsg991 @whatchamacallit We didn’t know it was a medication, it is kind of off putting, sorry as you put in effort to find middle names. I think we would use [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] or [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] instead, can [name_f]Ricki[/name_f] or [name_f]Lily[/name_f] still be used as nicknames? Nickname for [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]? Any suggestions for middle names for [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]/Lyra? Thank you

1 Like

Too much like Lycra, unfortunately, to my ears. [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] is much better.

Lyric [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] might sound nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ricki could still work as a nn for [name_u]Lyric[/name_u]. [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] doesn’t really have many good nn options but it’s a gorgeous name with both musical and celestial associations. I don’t think it really needs a nn.

Many of the suggestions would also work with [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] or [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]:
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Cate[/name_f]
These are my favorites of the ones suggested :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, you are really helpful. Sorry for asking another question but do you think [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Verena[/name_f] would work? [name_f]Verena[/name_f] is my husbands great grandmother’s name so it is a family name which might be nice

Ooo I think [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Verena[/name_f] sounds lovely :blush:

1 Like

Lyrica [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_u]Cadence[/name_u]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Melissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Ceridwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Kalila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Lula[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Laia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Laila[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Sonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] (and [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]), such a pretty sound! :heart_eyes: and I’m so happy to see [name_f]Katrina[/name_f] getting some love!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Ricki can work as a nn for [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] and [name_f]Lyrica[/name_f] but I don’t think it works for [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] but [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] is lovely and short on its own that I don’t think it needs a nn. Could do Lyrie/Lyri with the i pronounced as a long e as nn

I think [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Verena[/name_f] is lovely!

I also like many of the ones already suggested like [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

1 Like