Opinions of Nina...

What do you think? Is it dated or perfectly modern?

Thanks!
[name]Tara[/name]

Here is my honest opinion of [name]Nina[/name]: It feels like a compromise name to me, a name you choose when you can’t agree on anything that is more…whatever. And so it seems a little washed out and not really powerfully feminine, modern, vintage, cute etc.

Oh, I love [name]Nina[/name]! It was high on my list when I was pregnant with my daughter. I think it’s both sassy and sweet, adorable on a baby but sophisticated on a grown woman. [name]Nina[/name] can be anything she wants to be - she’s smart, she’s sporty, she’s playful, she’s elegant, she’s sexy, she’s sweet, she’s a really good friend, she could run for president. It’s like [name]Anna[/name] with an extra dose of fun and a dash of boldness to jump into life because a woman needs that for good measure.

I started loving [name]Nina[/name] after watching the Father of the [name]Bride[/name] movies with [name]Diane[/name] [name]Keaton[/name] and [name]Steve[/name] [name]Martin[/name] ([name]Diane[/name] [name]Keaton[/name]'s character was named [name]Nina[/name]). I can’t remember the last time I met a little [name]Nina[/name], and I’d love to hear it on a baby!

At the same time, I’m thinking that [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] are pretty close in sound, only one N apart from each other. I know I’d get tongue-tied saying [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] together (I’m guessing I’d call poor [name]Mia[/name] “[name]Mina[/name]”), but that’s just me. :slight_smile: If you don’t think that will be an issue for you, I can totally see [name]Nina[/name] with your kids’ names!

Take care! :slight_smile:

Dang it, [name]Jill[/name]! You’re right again! I didn’t think about that issue with [name]Mia[/name]'s name. I’m grasping at straws here…I just can’t find a girl’s name that I [name]LOVE[/name]. [name]Norah[/name] is my favorite but it still doesn’t seem quite right. My hubby nixed [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name] as too “out there”.
He likes [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sadie[/name]. I feel very “meh” about them.

Can you invent the perfect name for us? Please?

Thanks (as always) for your input!

[name]Tara[/name]

Dang it, [name]Jill[/name]! You’re right again! I didn’t think about that issue with [name]Mia[/name]'s name. I’m grasping at straws here…I just can’t find a girl’s name that I [name]LOVE[/name]. [name]Norah[/name] is my favorite but it still doesn’t seem quite right. My hubby nixed [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name] as too “out there”.
He likes [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name]/[name]Sadie[/name]. I feel very “meh” about them.

Can you invent the perfect name for us? Please?

Thanks (as always) for your input!

[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

Yeah, I cried a little bit inside when I remembered that you have a [name]Mia[/name]. :frowning:

I know it’s popular, but I can totally see [name]Sophie[/name] working with your names. I love [name]Norah[/name], by the way!

These have probably been suggested already, but here are some random names I can see with your children’s names:

[name]Annelise[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name] (oops…[name]Bella[/name] will need to change her name) :slight_smile:
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Coralina[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] (Oopsies…Italian)
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Seraphina[/name] (reminds me of [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Nina[/name])
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

Oh! He loves [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] and you love [name]Nina[/name], so what about Sophina? I’m pretty sure it’s a “real” name, but I can’t find it on Nameberry…

[name]Don[/name]'t worry, [name]Tara[/name]! You’ll discover the perfect name. :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

P.S. And speaking of discoveries, I love Nutella (the food, not the name). I discovered it recently, and, well, I thought you’d really, really want to know. :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nina[/name]! Would have used it if my husband had let me. I think it is timeless and international, cute and sophisticated. And I love that it is relatively underused.

What about [name]Cara[/name] or [name]Ella[/name] – they kind of remind me of [name]Nina[/name].

P.S. And speaking of discoveries, I love Nutella (the food, not the name). I discovered it recently, and, well, I thought you’d really, really want to know. :-)[/quote]

[name]Jill[/name], you are so funny! I have yet to try Nutella myself but now I just have to. I love how frequently you mention food in your posts!
I wish we could hang out b/c I adore your personality!

:slight_smile: [name]Tara[/name]
[name]Tara[/name]

I do like those names BUT…my names is [name]Tara[/name] (rhymes with [name]Cara[/name])
and we have a close cousin named [name]Ella[/name] and one of my daughter’s best friends is also [name]Ella[/name].

Another others you can think of?

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Jill[/name], you are so funny! I have yet to try Nutella myself but now I just have to. I love how frequently you mention food in your posts!

Hehe! It would be fun to hang out! (And thanks for liking my sense of humor. I love to laugh…) Maybe someday there will be a Nameberry convention and we could meet. (I’ll bring the Nutella.)
:slight_smile:

I love to cook, so I’m always thinking about recipes. :slight_smile: And now that I think about it, I’m usually eating M&Ms when I type.

One of my best friends is French, and she introduced me to Nutella a loooong time ago, but I rediscovered it recently. If you buy the Nutella and don’t like it, I’ll reimburse you for your troubles. :slight_smile:

Her name is [name]Charlotte[/name], and you may like that name, too. :slight_smile:

I have a sister named [name]Nina[/name] and I think it is a beautiful name. She is a smart, strong, beautiful woman. She is always getting compliments on her name. There are times when people ask her if it is “short” for another name but she just lets them know that it is her Full name. She loves her name and so do I. It definitely isn’t a trendy name by any means but that can be a good thing.

I hear so much about Nutella all the time… I think I need to go get a jar ASAP :slight_smile:

I hear so much about Nutella all the time… I think I need to go get a jar ASAP :)[/quote]

[name]Elizabeth[/name], no life is complete without Nutella. :slight_smile: I bet you’ll love it! ([name]Emery[/name], too!)

~[name]Jill[/name] (Nutella Ambassador of Goodwill) :slight_smile:

[name]Nina[/name]'s a tough one for me.

In many ways, I agree that [name]Nina[/name] is a name you settle for. It sounds a bit like a nickname to me - something you call a child when her “real” name just isn’t right but you can’t find what is. But, at the same time, it feels light and airy and feminine without the frills - my favorite form of feminine. [name]Nina[/name] doesn’t exude sass or sweetness, she isn’t overly elegant or glamorous, she isn’t really stubborn or curious. She isn’t really…much. I think it is this lightness, this inability to latch on to any true characteristic, that makes the name feel incomplete to me, without substance, without depth. She isn’t terrible by any means, but she certainly doesn’t shimmer and shine…

If you want friendly and sweet, quiet and bright, try [name]Elsa[/name]. If you want popular and brave, stubborn and sassy, try [name]Lola[/name]. If you want gentle and kind, playful and curious, try [name]Vera[/name]. If you want spunky and active, pretty and smart, try [name]Kaia[/name]. If you want elegant and fun, intelligent and strong, try [name]Risa[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I know what you mean, lemon, and I agree.
See, my hubby likes names like [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Rachel[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name]. I like [name]Norah[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Nola[/name]. [name]Nina[/name] was kinda a compromise name. He likes okay and I like okay.
We just can’t seem to find a girl’s name that we both are in love with.

Thanks so much for your input and suggestions!

[name]Tara[/name]

I was going to say go for it before I read the other posts and saw you already have a [name]Mia[/name]. I also have a [name]Mia[/name] and think that [name]Nina[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] way to close to use as a sib set. I love my [name]Mia[/name]'s name all though it has become really popular. [name]Nina[/name] is a good alternative for those parents who are thinking about using [name]Mia[/name] but are apprehensive do to it’s popularity. My family knew a [name]Nina[/name] who pronounced her name as [name]Nye[/name]-nah. That’s not my preferred pronunciation but it does help separate it from [name]Mia[/name] a bit.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Serena[/name]? Sort of [name]Sophie[/name], sort of [name]Nina[/name]? sort of… :slight_smile:

Or [name]Laura[/name]? rhymes with [name]Norah[/name], but a bit more like [name]Sophie[/name], in my mind.

I do like [name]Nina[/name], but not with [name]Mia[/name], sorry.

[name]Eleanor[/name]? I’m probably covering old ground for you…

Good luck!

We wouldn’t use [name]Nina[/name]. My pal [name]Jill[/name] pointed out how close it is to [name]Mia[/name] a few posts ago. I’m kinda flakey and hadn’t thought about the sibling names yet. But I would like a name like [name]Nina[/name] that would make both hubby and I happy.

Thanks for your reply!

[name]Tara[/name]

hmm what about [name]Carina[/name] or [name]Dinah[/name], they both have the same spunkiness as [name]Nina[/name] but with a more classic background like [name]Sophie[/name]. At least in my opinion :slight_smile: