Opinions of this edgy name

We want a cool name that is somewhat edgy, uncommon and unpredictable. Of course we still want it to have some sense of familiarity so it is not considered weird.

What do you think of [name]Matai[/name]? Last name is [name]Olson[/name].

Pronounced ma-[name]TYE[/name]. Hebrew form of [name]Matthew[/name], meaning “Gift from God.” Nickname [name]Tai[/name] ([name]Ty[/name])

I like it. I slightly prefer [name]Mattias[/name], but I think [name]Matai[/name] is cool, too.

[name]Ezra[/name]? I like [name]Mattias[/name] better too.

[name]Hi[/name]! I do think [name]Matai[/name] is cool, but at the same time, to me, [name]Matai[/name] sounds and looks very close to [name]Mai[/name] [name]Tai[/name], the name of an alcoholic beverage. It may not be an issue for you, but I thought I’d mention it just in case. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Hmm, I really like the sound, but not so much the look. I don’t think there’s any better way to spell it, though. Hmm, I think it could grow on me. If you love [name]Matai[/name], I think you should go for it!

When I was in highschool there was an exchange student with that name. I like it (although I think it can cause some pronouciation issues.)

[name]Matai[/name] sounds like the tribe in [name]Africa[/name], whereas [name]Matthias[/name] says it all and you can still have the nn of Mattai if you like.

It looks like it could be [name]Asian[/name] to me. [name]Just[/name] my first reaction.

[name]Mattias[/name] is better in my opinion as well, no fruity drink connection, and you can still have the [name]Tai[/name]/[name]Ty[/name] nickname, which I really like.

I know how to pronounce it but for some reason when I first glance at it I think to myself “My-tie” like the cocktail!

When I first saw it, I also thought of the fruity tiki bar drink with an umbrella in it. Like the idea, but the execution seems a bit tricky. I would also go with [name]Mattias[/name] and the nn [name]Matai[/name].

What about [name]Mateo[/name] is the spanish version of [name]Matthew[/name]… [name]Mattias[/name] is also

I do like the sound of it but it does sound like the drink [name]Mai[/name] [name]Tai[/name]. I do prefer [name]Mattias[/name] or even [name]Matteo[/name].