Opinions on -A ending first with middle name

What do you think of name combinations that have both first name and middle name ending in ‘a’?

For example:
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Calla[/name_f]

Does it sound better and more useable with more syllables in between?

Anyone???

I try to avoid it, but there are exceptions to every rule. Not sure adding more syllables in between helps to break up the rhythm. You could try:

Lizabet [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] Cressid (pron. Cres-eed)
[name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f]

Thank you.

I think it can work really well, it’s such a common ending so it’s never as memorable and noteworthy as it would be when you have two -o or -l or -t ending names.
It works better the more distance you have between the endings though, so having the name with the most amount of syllables as the middle is usually best, so I would say [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] works better than [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Calla[/name_f]. It also helps to not have too many other sounds repeat, so again, [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Cressida[/name_f] is better than [name_f]Althea[/name_f] [name_f]Calla[/name_f] where the -al- sound is in the first syllable of both names in addition to the matching ending.
Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure it’s only the -a that’s the same, something like [name_f]Aria[/name_f] [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] would be a bit much in my opinion.

I have [name_u]Tora[/name_u] [name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] as one of my favourite combos and it works because [name_u]Tora[/name_u] feels strong where [name_f]Ofelia[/name_f] feels sensitive, their syllable count is different, the most prominent sounds are different (T/R and F/L) and at the same time, the O in both connects them.

While none are combos I would pick for myself, I don’t think any of the examples you listed are unusable or bad.

Thank you.

I think it depends on the syllables in the name. My favourite girls name is [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] and I have a tough time coming up with middles. One of my favourites at the moment is [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f] which I dont think sounds too weird. However, something like, [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_f]Anna[/name_f] or [name_f]Sienna[/name_f] [name_f]Bella[/name_f] doesnt sound right.