Opinions on Astrid? Suggestions?

Title says it all; what kind of person do you envision to be called [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]? If anyone has name ideas that give off the same feel, I would love to know! Thank you!

I love your view on the name, thank you :heart:
All your name suggestions are beautiful too, especially [name_f]Athena[/name_f]!

I agree with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- definitely bold and brave. I picture a warrior type girl. Very cool!

Aine
[name_f]Azra[/name_f]
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_u]Indra[/name_u]
[name_f]Inez[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Liora[/name_f]
[name_f]Niamh[/name_f]
[name_f]Raina[/name_f]/Rayna
[name_f]Siobhan[/name_f]
Tenneil
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Yulia[/name_f]

1 Like

Very artsy and creative. I knew one once who fit that description. It’s a brave name, but okay.

1 Like

Astrid is a great name. I love it.

1 Like

Astrid feels bold, quirky and intelligent

1 Like

I adore the name [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]: it’s strong, interesting, and a tad quirky. I imagine an [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] to be clever, literary (because of an Australian writer/media personality named [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Edwards) and maybe even a little arty. Some names that seem similar in vibe to [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] or compliment her well for me are [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Liv[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], [name_f]Margaux[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_u]Noa[/name_u], [name_f]Kaia[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] soooo much! It is (in my opinion) the strongest girl name out of them all!

1 Like

I think of the Viking girl from How to Train your Dragons, which is a good association for me :slight_smile:
I think of a strong Norse warrior.

1 Like

I typically think of a smart and confident girl. [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is very similar in my mind.

1 Like

I agree with the PP. [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is bold and brave.

Violet
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

1 Like

Astrid sounds like someone who is creative and caring, who is always determined and strong even when things get hard.
Similar feeling names:
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Calina[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]Raina[/name_f] is beautiful

Agree! I like the little bit masculine feel to the name, but still equally feminine in a strong way :slight_smile:

Thank you! I can definitely see all those qualities of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. From your suggestions, I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Lumi[/name_f], and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] :heart:

I am so happy to see this name get so much love! Thank you for sharing! Definitely one of the strongest :blush:

I love her character! Definitely a good association for me as well. Thank you :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is just as beautiful, another name I have been considering as well

I love pretty much all your suggestions! Specially [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] :blue_heart:

Love your perception of [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] :blue_heart: And loving the name [name_f]Eira[/name_f], thank you!

1 Like