Opinions on Bastien for our first?

We are expecting our first in [name]January[/name] of next year and so we don’t know if it’s a boy or a girl yet, but my husband and I both really like the name [name]Bastien[/name]. I’m worried that it sounds a bit like b@st@rd and could cause teasing.

I do like [name]Sebastian[/name]/[name]Sebastien[/name] as well but I know a few, it’s becoming so popular now but [name]Bastien[/name] is much more uncommon and seems nicer to me.

What do you think? :slight_smile:

I like [name]Bastien[/name]. I didn’t think of bastard at all! My first thought was “like [name]Sebastian[/name]”…so he may have to deal with that [name]MINOR[/name] clarification…but that is no big deal in my opinion. Our son has a surname for a first name and a first name for a last name…my one hang up, that he would be forever clarrifying the order, has already proven true in his two first years! BUT…I still [name]LOVE[/name] his name! I think both Batstien and [name]Sebastien[/name] are great and if you and your husband [name]BOTH[/name] love it, I say go for it!!!

Thanks abrad. That’s great advice. We do both like it, so I think it’s a go! :slight_smile:

Isn’t [name]Bastien[/name] the name of the kid in Neverending [name]Story[/name]? That movie always made me cry like a baby when I was a kid…

That being said, it is a cool name. It has a lot of energy, and is unique without being unrecognizable.

I like [name]Bastien[/name] more as a nickname for [name]Sebastien[/name], but I think it can stand on its own. It’s a great name.