Opinions on Charlotte

In general, I love long girl names with cute nicknames ([name]Elisabeth[/name] nn [name]Elise[/name], [name]Cassandra[/name] nn [name]Cassie[/name], [name]Rosalie[/name], etc.) a current favorite is [name]Charlotte[/name]. I think it’s adorable! However, I hate the nn [name]Lottie[/name], and I usually have a big problem with boyish sounding names, so I don’t know about [name]Charlie[/name].

[name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Charlotte[/name]? Are there other nicknames that work, even if it’s a stretch? What do you think about nickname [name]Charlie[/name]?

I love Charlotte in the middle. I don’t love it enough to be a first name. I always perfer the nickname Lottie.

Some alternatives:
Carly
Arly
Lo … Lola?
Ettie
Lettie?
Cate

[name]Love[/name] it.

[name]Charla[/name]
[name]Lettie[/name] (to me, this is the sound at the end of [name]Charlotte[/name] anyway)

I actually vetoed [name]Charlotte[/name] & [name]Veronica[/name] for nn reasons as well!

[name]Charlotte[/name] is one of my favorite girl’s names. I personally love boy’s nicknames on girls so [name]Charlie[/name] is a bonus to me! I also think [name]Cara[/name] or [name]Lola[/name] are cute nicknames for [name]Charlotte[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] has been my top girl’s name for over 10 plus years. I adore it at first I wanted to use nicknames like [name]Lottie[/name]. I decided my [name]Charlotte[/name] wouldn’t have a nickname [name]Charlotte[/name] is pretty as is.

I love [name]Charlotte[/name]! It’s been on my short list for years now. It’s so elegant and regal but yet down-to-earth and approachable. I hate unisex names, but I don’t mind more masculine-ish nicknames. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name] is kind of cute. And I adore the nn [name]Lottie[/name]. But if you’re not crazy about them, what about:

[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Ari[/name]
Sharley
[name]Harlow[/name]/Harlo
[name]Lotte[/name] (LAH-tuh)
[name]Char[/name]

I agree with the pp, though–[name]Charlotte[/name] is so beautiful, and really, it’s only two syllables, so I don’t think it needs a nn, if you don’t really like any of them.

Good luck!

I agree about [name]Lettie[/name]. I don’t say [name]Char[/name]-lot, but [name]Char[/name]-let. I also like Latka as a nickname for it.

My middle daughter is [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. She gets called “[name]Charly[/name]” (pronounced Sharly) or Cha Cha.

[name]Charlotte[/name] is my baby sister’s name, her nn is [name]Shar[/name] or shar-shar

[name]Charlotte[/name]'s a lovely name. I actually prefer it without a nickname but [name]Lottie[/name]'s cute as well. The first nickname that sprung to mind was [name]Charla[/name]. I dislike [name]Charlie[/name] on girls.

My husband has a problem with boyish sounding nicknames for girls too, which is why [name]Charlotte[/name] is out even though I really do like it a lot. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] can just be [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Char[/name] if you want her to be, it’s only two syllables. I like using nicknames but I know some people don’t.

My name is [name]Charlotte[/name], and I’ve always loved it. I don’t have a nickname, though, and that’s fine with me. I’ve never liked [name]Lottie[/name], and when I was a kid I wouldn’t let anyone call me [name]Charlie[/name], because I didn’t want a boy’s name. My husband and mother call me [name]Char[/name], but I go by [name]Charlotte[/name] most of the time. I’m really happy with my name.

1 Like

great suggestions! I really like [name]Charlotte[/name] as a whole name, too. [name]Just[/name] to clarify, I’m not looking for a call-my-daughter-this-all-the-time nickname, rather an occasional nickname. like with [name]Cassandra[/name] (which I love), she would go by [name]Cassie[/name] all the time most likely. For [name]Charlotte[/name], I just want an option I like in case she really wants a nickname, or just to use occasionally, not officially. I hadn’t thought of [name]Arlo[/name] or [name]Ari[/name]!

I have thought about [name]Charlotte[/name], but only like [name]Lottie[/name]. Here are other nns I have thought of: lotte (law-tuh), Lotsie, [name]Lola[/name], lulu, char ([name]Shar[/name]), lotsa

Such a cute old-fashioned name. I could never use it, though, seeing as how my last name is [name]Webb[/name]! Can you imagine the ridicule poor little [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Webb[/name] would have to endure?!

Um, it’s awesome! I love the name [name]Charlotte[/name]. I really like [name]Lottie[/name], but it’s not for everyone. [name]Charlie[/name] is okay, but I think it’s a bit boyish. If I didn’t like [name]Lottie[/name], I’d probably just use the nickname [name]Char[/name] (prn [name]Shar[/name]) or [name]Charly[/name] (prn Sharly). I also like a previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Lola[/name], but that might be a bit of a stretch.

[name]Char[/name] (shar) or [name]Charly[/name] (sharly) are really cute, and actually match the sound better

I love the name [name]Charlotte[/name]. In fact, it’s one of the only “common” names that I like (my name taste is quite ‘out there’). I think [name]Charlie[/name] is a cute NN for [name]Charlotte[/name]. You could also give her a “C” middle name and then the NN [name]CeCe[/name] becomes an option, which I also think is cute. [name]Charlotte[/name] is also a good stand-alone name.