Opinions on current favourites?

[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Pandora[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] (as a first name)
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]

What are your opinions on these names? Also, any other suggestions that fit with my ‘style’ (whatever that may be!) are welcomed and appreciated :slight_smile:

My favorites are [name]Flora[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]. The rest are all ok, except [name]Pandora[/name]. Pardon the pun, but that one is just asking for trouble :wink:

I love [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Cordelia[/name]! They’re gorgeous. I also have a GPish crush on [name]Cressida[/name], but I doubt I would ever use it… :frowning:

I actually really love [name]Pandora[/name], too, but it’ll always be a GP for me… I don’t quite think all the little old ladies in my church could stomach that one, much less my family, haha.

What about [name]Violet[/name], [name]Julietta[/name] (I met a [name]Julietta[/name] yesterday… I think it’s just so charming!), [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], or [name]Phoebe[/name]?

I would say your style is a combo of Shakespearean, mythological and frilly-feminine . The term “eclectic” comes to mind :slight_smile:

[name]Flora[/name] - This is a good choice for a nature name without being a flower name.
[name]Annabel[/name] - This name has a sweet, old-fashioned charm to it.
[name]Pandora[/name] - I like the sound of this name but it comes with baggage ([name]Pandora[/name]'s box myth, the jewellery company and the Avatar character)
[name]Cordelia[/name] - Very feminine, romantic and lyrical.
[name]Rose[/name] - it’s nice to see [name]Rose[/name] in the first name position. Short, simple and sweet!
[name]Cosima[/name] - exotic Italian gem!
[name]Cressida[/name] - a rare Shakespearean name. Troilus and [name]Cressida[/name] is a tragic play so it kind of ruins the name for me.

Other Suggestions

[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Desdemona[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]/[name]Theodosia[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Roxanna[/name]
[name]Galilea[/name]
[name]Alethea[/name]
[name]Allegra[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Katharina[/name]
[name]Melania[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]/[name]Natasha[/name]
[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Christabel[/name]
[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name]
[name]Mahalia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Evadne[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Jocasta[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Titania[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]/[name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Angelica[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Eudora[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]

[name]Flora[/name] - Short, sweet and fresh sounding. I love the overall feel of this one!
[name]Annabel[/name] - Sweet and a bit timeless, but quite versatile at the same time. I’m starting to like this one a bit.
[name]Pandora[/name] - A bit of a GP for me but I quite like it. Maybe as a middle name…
[name]Cordelia[/name] - the ‘delia’ part makes me think ‘[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Bedelia[/name]’, so I can’t really take this name seriously. It’s okay otherwise though.
[name]Rose[/name] (as a first name) - I’d love to see [name]Rose[/name] be used as a fist name more.
[name]Cosima[/name] - makes me think of botany for some reason.
[name]Cressida[/name] - a bit too frilly for me, but I can see the appeal.

Honestly, I really like all of them. My absolute favorites are [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Pandora[/name] and [name]Cressida[/name].

Other names you might like:

Aspasia
Belphoebe
Briseis
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Danae[/name]
[name]Elettra[/name]
Fiordelise
[name]Gaia[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Isis[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]