Opinions on Cynthia?

Title says it all!

What are your guys’ opinions on [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]? I will say I do not like the nn [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] at all, but I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f]!

Thanks!

1 Like

Very popular in my culture, but I had a bad experience with a [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] so I tend to not like the name, I think it’s cute however, meet at least one every year in school

It’s very sweet and strong! I quite like it, even if it’s a tiny bit dated.

It’s lovely! It’s somehow fresh, and it’s really pretty.

I like it! I definitely prefer [name_f]Thea[/name_f] > [name_f]Cindy[/name_f] for this name.

I’ve never met a [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] where I live ([name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand) so it seems fresh to me.

YouTube 22 Jump [name_f]Street[/name_f] [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f].

Feels dated in a 80s way to me. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] like [name_f]Donna[/name_f].

Cynthia has a happy, floral feel to it

I have a soft spot for [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]. I think it’s one of the prettier “retro” names. Plus, the Pokémon character was cool. :sweat_smile: I like [name_f]Thea[/name_f] as a nickname.

1 Like

It’s sweet, but I can’t help but think of the poor [name_f]Barbie[/name_f]-esque doll from Rugrats that [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] carried with her everywhere :sweat_smile: I think it’s because I was obsessed with the show growing up, but whenever [name_f]Angelica[/name_f] misplaced [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f] or couldn’t find her, she’d yell the name and that’s how I hear it now :grimacing: I’m sorry!

I do feel like the Rugrats connection is going to be specifically tied to one generation, so it’s not something I’d really worry about, but I thought it was worth a mention? It is a pretty name though!

I don’t have much of an opinion on [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], but I like the nicknames [name_f]Cyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Cinny[/name_f].

My name’s [name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]. I always like it and heard only either neutral or positive comments on my name. Nobody ever called me [name_f]Cindy[/name_f]. Got [name_f]Thea[/name_f]/Tia a few times but it’s not a nickname I answer to intuitively just because I am not used to it. [name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see it gets some love here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it would make a lovely and unusual choice for a baby girl.