Opinions on final 2 girls names

Me and my husband have the shortlist down to 2 girls names (which are quite different!)…it’s been very hard to agree on any names. What are your opinions on:

[name_f]India[/name_f] (Indie)

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] (Josie)

we already have a daughter called [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] (mainly call her Cassie).

i love [name_f]India[/name_f] and it’s where we met …but I know some people think it’s cultural appropriation / bad taste because of the British raj etc. I’ve asked my two [name_f]Indian[/name_f] friends who didn’t see it that way at all but obviously this is a very small sample!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] I also love but not keen on ‘Jo’ and worry she would be a [name_u]Jo[/name_u] rather than [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or Sephy which I like.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] pick is [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] :purple_heart:

Stylistically it meshes best with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and also offers a ending that differs from older sisters. I do see a plethora of nn options for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as you listed- [name_u]Joey[/name_u] or [name_u]Josie[/name_u] would be my defaults.

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is my favourite!

Personally I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a lovely name very classic and elegant. I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] stylistically works with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. Also [name_u]Josie[/name_u] & [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] are lovely together :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Concerning [name_f]India[/name_f] I feel it’s not in the best taste I wouldn’t personally use this name. However I do appreciate the significance to yourselves as a couple is there a particular place in [name_f]India[/name_f] you guys met? Maybe for example [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Calcutta or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Mumbai would work better?

Good luck

I prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] :blush:

[name_u]Indie[/name_u] is so cute but with big sister [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] I prefer [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I like that [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] and [name_u]Josie[/name_u] both have long names they can use but sweet nicknames too !

[name_f]India[/name_f]! So pretty!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] goes better with big sister [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] and is less controversial. I’d go with that, it’s beautiful and classic!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] “Josie”! And, I agree that [name_f]India[/name_f], while beautiful, is a controversy best avoided. Besides [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] matches the classic elegance of [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] much better, imho. I wouldn’t worry about the nn. I think that if you make it clear her nn is “Josie” (or “Sephy”), not “Jo”, people will get it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]India[/name_f] and [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] sound like great matches! Both pretty and girlish + a bit exotic from my American perspective and not all that common at the moment yet not unheard of.

I think [name_f]India[/name_f] " [name_u]Indie[/name_u] " [name_f]Vespertine[/name_f] would be adorable.

Oh, and [name_u]Indie[/name_u] is fast becoming a fave nickname of mine! Very good choices you two!!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is pretty! I wouldn’t worry about nicknames as you have a lot of control over that. It goes better with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f].

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful and works well with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] -love [name_u]Indie[/name_u] but my [name_f]Indian[/name_f] friend is just confused about people using [name_f]India[/name_f] :grin:

What if you used [name_f]India[/name_f] as the middle? I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f] sounds good together

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] & [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are really gorgeous together. I’m not big into [name_u]Jo[/name_u] either, but I don’t think that she’d get called that too much. More likely [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or [name_u]Joey[/name_u] if anything. But I think that if you make it a point to nn her [name_u]Josie[/name_u], she’ll mostly get [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. I also like the nn [name_f]Posy[/name_f] if you’re into that.

As far as [name_f]India[/name_f] goes, I don’t know if it’s necessarily in bad taste. It’s a pretty sounding word & a beautiful country (from what I’ve seen in pictures at least :joy: ) I just think that it’s a little bit weird for a name because it’s so associated w/the country, you know? It’d be nice as a mn though. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f] would be lovely.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

This! Totally!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] name her [name_u]Indie[/name_u], You would call her that anyways, which means it would’ve been her main name anyways if it was a NN, so why not name her name indie and avoid those feelings that you’d have with [name_f]India[/name_f]. [name_u]Indie[/name_u] is still super cute, and still inspired by where you meet so it would still have special meaning. [name_u]Indie[/name_u] is fine as a whole name

3 Likes

I would go with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] because it goes between with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] then [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] with [name_f]India[/name_f].
For [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] I would go with [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or Phina

If you like both names why not name her [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f]

Cassandra / Cassie and Josephine / Josie are SO prefect together! How gorgeous!! I adore the name Josephine.

I think [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] works better with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would be my pick. I think it goes nicely with [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], and I think [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] & [name_u]Josie[/name_u] is just an adorable pair of sister names. I doubt that [name_u]Jo[/name_u] would be that much of an issue, especially if you are already using [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]India[/name_f] would be a nice combo!

I’d go with [name_f]India[/name_f]. I think that’s what your heart is leaning towards but you’re worried about other peoples opinions. You have a good rationale for choosing the name and your [name_f]Indian[/name_f] friends don’t have a problem with it so you’re good to go IMO.

In terms of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], it’s not personally my taste so I’m obviously a bit biased against it but if there is a REALLY obvious nickname that you don’t like associated with it, such as [name_u]Jo[/name_u], then I’d be wary picking the name.

1 Like