Opinions on Harlow?

I love the name [name]Harlow[/name] and surprisingly enough, my husband does also. I just wanted to get some opinions on the name itself and also on some middle name choices?

[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Moon[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Rain[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]

Most everyone thinks all these combinations are terrible so I’m open to all suggestions.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I think [name]Harlow[/name] is great, I think of [name]Jean[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] and all the old movie stars. [name]Harlow[/name] has a lot of character and spunk, it’s strong but also feminine and has its own kind of beauty. The only down sides you might need to think about are how close it sounds to harlot and the fact that [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] used it for her daughter (which may or may not be an issue for you, I personally don’t think it matters).

As for middle names, my favourite from your list is definitely [name]Mae[/name]. [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Mae[/name] sounds glamourous and classy:) What sounds best can also depends on how many syllables your last name is. If it’s a longer surname a short middle name like [name]Mae[/name] would be perfect, if it’s a shorter surname maybe something longer would fit better. Some suggestions…

Short:
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Dream[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jazz[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Muse[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]True[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

Longer:
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Julia[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] you find one you love:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

It really doesn’t bother me that [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name]'s daughter is named [name]Harlow[/name], other than the fact that it could possibly rise in popularity which I wouldn’t want. My first choice was [name]Willow[/name], but just my luck my sister in law plans on using it. She said “first come, first serve” but to avoid an issue later I decided to pick something else. [name]Willow[/name] has become a little more popular now so maybe it’s a good thing. Anyway, [name]Harlow[/name] has that same feel to me so I fell in love with it.

Our last name is a shorter name (only one syllable) but I think it could still work. I really don’t like long middle names. The only 2 I’ve considered are [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name] (also a first choice but I wanted to avoid her being called [name]Maggie[/name]). You’re right about [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Mae[/name] though, it has a very pretty sound to it.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

i love [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Mae[/name], and the idea of supporting a unusual-ish first name with a plain or old fashioned middle name. I’m stuck on [name]Isla[/name] [name]Jayne[/name] right now!

[name]Hi[/name]!
I do like [name]Harlow[/name] a lot!

I just wanted to give you more options on [name]Magnolia[/name], though, because I too would hesitate to use it because of [name]Maggie[/name]. However, I think [name]Nola[/name] or [name]Noli[/name] would be absolutely adorable nns for it instead, if that changes your mind at all. :slight_smile: