Opinions on Hubby's list?

I just talked to hubby about baby names… I was happy to hear that he liked a couple of my suggestions.:slight_smile: But enough to use them? I don’t know. Any thoughts or suggestions on his list? What do you think of the names on his list?

Hubby’s favorites:
[name]Brittany[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Tracy[/name]
[name]Cherise[/name]

[name]Mason[/name] (our last name starts with [name]May[/name] sound)
[name]Logan[/name]

He also liked my suggestions of [name]Jessamine[/name] and [name]Corinna[/name] (he likes nn [name]Cori[/name], and I like nn [name]Cora[/name] - but that’s ok ;). He actually likes [name]Corinne[/name] better. But I think he mostly just likes the nickname [name]Cori[/name], and thought [name]Corinne[/name] was closer - or something.? For boys he liked my suggestions of [name]Griffin[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] - just not as much as [name]Mason[/name] and [name]Logan[/name]. :frowning: He didn’t really care for my two favorite names though - [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Elaina[/name]. :frowning: Maybe I can keep working on him though! ;).

Thoughts??? Suggestions???
I would love to hear what you all think! Am I crazy for not wanting to use [name]Brittany[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]? :wink: I feel bad for not liking his long time favorite name - but… I just don’t care for it AT ALL!

[name]Britney[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] Spears… that’s her full name… that’s enough to make me not want to use the name… just sayin :wink:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Corrine[/name], [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Elaina[/name], and [name]Logan[/name] isn’t too bad but I have a hard time seeing this name on an adult! Good luck

your husband kind of seems like he’s stuck in the '90s, but I don’t know if there’s any tactful way to tell him that! I think the best strategy for now is to stick to the names that you both like–[name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Corinna[/name] are both really gorgeous, and [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Griffin[/name] are nice.

I agree that your hubby is stuck right smack dab in the middle of the 80s and 90s. Haha, another person already said this but yes, [name]Brittney[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] Spears, to forever be associated with school girl outfits, shaving your head, beating paperatzi with an umbrella, and marrying kevin federline seem plain mean to do to a child. I like your name ideas though! When my hubby didnt like names i would put at him, iw ould present it with a middle name and with our last name to soften it a little, give him possible nn’s, tell him the meaning. Then he would usually say ok and actually start liking it. So try that:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Hubby’s favorites:
[name]Brittany[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Sara[/name]
[name]Tracy[/name]
[name]Cherise[/name]

oh man if my hubby gave me this list i would cry! [name]Cora[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] are very nice names. good luck

I actually think [name]Sara[/name] and [name]Brittany[/name] are very pretty names. Maybe [name]Brittany[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] isn’t the best combo but there are some great ones, I’m sure.

[name]Britney[/name] Spears isn’t the only person with that name. She doesn’t own it and to be fair what does it say that as soon as the name is mentioned an attention grabbing has-been is the first thing that comes to mind?

[name]Brittany[/name], as the original poster spelt it, is the name of a region in [name]France[/name] and there have been several successful famous people named [name]Brittany[/name]. For what it’s worth, I think [name]Brittany[/name] is a beautiful name and it’s on my list of favourites.

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Sara[/name] is ok and has a lot of variants he might like.
[name]Sariah[/name]
[name]Sari[/name]
[name]Suri[/name]
Saraya
[name]Sally[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]

Great suggestions everyone! It was great to hear your thoughts one his/mine/our list. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the feedback on hubby’s suggestion of [name]Brittany[/name] [name]Lynn[/name]. (He likes it spelled that way, and I agree with him on that). With that spelling, and a different middle name, it would be a [name]LITTLE[/name] better. We will most likely use the name [name]Diane[/name] (an important family name) as a middle for a first girl. As I’ve mentioned somewhere in another post, we are not expecting - yet. But hopefully we will be soon! :slight_smile: So, we still have time to decide on names that we both love. I just love names, and I finally got hubby to look over my list and tell me what names he likes. My tastes have chenged since I found this site though. When I first found it my favorite names for a girl were BrynnLeigh, [name]Karalyn[/name], [name]Jesslyn[/name], [name]Shelby[/name], [name]Briella[/name], and [name]Tracie[/name]. For a boy, [name]Logan[/name] (didn’t know how popular it was), [name]Tyrell[/name], [name]Tyler[/name], [name]Cody[/name], [name]Trevyn[/name], [name]Korbin[/name], and [name]Ethan[/name]. Now none of those are on my list, for one reason or another. But then sometimes my list changes weekly - except for a few favorites. :wink:
devinjess, thanks for the great ideas about suggesting a first name along with a middle and our last name. And telling the meaning, and possible nn’s.
[name]Kiki[/name], thanks for the [name]Sara[/name] variants. [name]Sariah[/name] and Saraya are kind of cute.

I appreciate all the feedback! Keep it coming! :slight_smile: