Opinions on Lonan?

Hey Berries!
I recently came across the name [name_m]Lonan[/name_m] and I’m not sure how I feel about it. In [name_u]America[/name_u] it is pronounced low- nan (rhymes with [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]). In [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] it is apparently often spelled with an accent on the second syllable and pronounced lo-NAWN. I think I prefer the American pronunciation.

What do you think of [name_m]Lonan[/name_m]? Is it too similar to names like [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]? Or does it stand on it’s own?

Thanks in advance!!

I think it would be confused for [name_u]Logan[/name_u], but it could work if you don’t mind correcting people.
It sounds handsome!

2 Likes

I agree with @flamingo

Agreed with the above. I like the meaning. Could be good for a Beatles fan that was impacted by the song/wants a low key honor name

I personally don’t love it because its very similar to [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and feels like a made up name to me.

1 Like

Very interesting. I think it works

I love [name_m]Lonan[/name_m]! It’s very handsome! I don’t think it’s too close to [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]/Logan, and I think the similarities would make [name_m]Lonan[/name_m] feel much more familiar!

Too similar to [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m] and I prefer those.

1 Like

I like its similarity to [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]—makes it feel current and familiar, even though it’s far more unusual. I do probably prefer [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], but I love the meaning of [name_m]Lonan[/name_m].

It’s alright in terms of sound, but I feel like a lot people would assume it was a typo when they came across it.

I’m not really a fan- I prefer [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m].

Lonan is really interesting. I quite like the sounds

I quite like it. Yes, it is similar to [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and [name_m]Ronan[/name_m], but rather than making it unusable, I think it makes it familiar and accessible without making it too popular.

It works, but in my accent it sounds like “loaning.” I have this issue with a lot of an/en/in/on names.

I can’t say I’m a fan. It makes me think both of [name_u]Logan[/name_u] and the word ‘loner’.

My mind immediately jumps to ([name_u]Lindsay[/name_u]) Lohan, an association I don’t love.

I like [name_m]Lonan[/name_m]! It doesn’t seem too close to [name_u]Logan[/name_u] to me. He may have to correct people occasionally, but it fits well with current boy name trends, so people would catch on quick! I like that it is unique, yet simple.