Opinions on Lowell and some other maybes

I have a few names I am thinking about adding to my list and I would love your opinions

Lowell nn [name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ward[/name_m]
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] nn [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u] nn [name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Van[/name_u]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] nn ??? I keep taking it off my list because I don’t like nn [name_m]Vin[/name_m]/ny

Thoughts as individual names? Any go together as siblings? Any suggestions similar to these?

I love [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]!

Lowell is intriguing and distinctive

I have such a big crush on [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] with the nickname [name_m]Wells[/name_m]! [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] is so cute and cuddly, while [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is handsome and cool. I love it!

Edward is also a handsome name. I personally prefer [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], but I like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] too! I’m not the biggest fan of [name_m]Ward[/name_m] though. It reminds me of the word ward, and I don’t like those associations. However, I can see why other people like it! I personally prefer other nicknames like [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] and [name_m]Ned[/name_m].

Patrick is friendly and down to earth. I like that [name_u]Pax[/name_u] gives it some edge. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite nickname is Patch, but I quite like [name_u]Pax[/name_u] too!

Maverick is very trendy and popular at the moment (at least where I live!), so I’m not a huge fan. I like the sound of it though, and [name_u]Mack[/name_u] is an adorable nickname.

I love [name_m]Donovan[/name_m]!! It’s edgy while also feeling cuddly and adorable. [name_u]Van[/name_u] is the coolest.

Gavin has a nice sound to it, and I like the meaning. I see what you mean about the nickname options being limited though. A lot of people have nicknames unrelated to their names, so that’s an option if you’re open to it!

I think [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]” & [name_m]Edward[/name_m] “[name_m]Ward[/name_m]”, [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]” & [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] “[name_u]Van[/name_u]”, [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] “[name_u]Van[/name_u]” & [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] “[name_u]Pax[/name_u]”, and [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]”, [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] “[name_u]Van[/name_u]” & [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] “[name_u]Pax[/name_u]” feel like sibsets to me!

1 Like

[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] and [name_m]Edward[/name_m] definitely deserve spots on your list!

Lowell is intriguing; it sounds soft and unique. I like it!
[name_m]Edward[/name_m] seems very classic and strong. You can’t go wrong!
[name_m]Patrick[/name_m] seems kind of clunky and dated to me. However, it’s perfectly respectable! A connotation to consider might be Spongebob.
[name_u]Maverick[/name_u] I’m not a fan of. It seems very trendy and a hard name to live up to.
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m] is great! It seems fresh and not overused, fun but gentle.
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] I’m fairly neutral on.

1 Like

[name_m]Lowell[/name_m] “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]” is cool. I don’t love [name_m]Lowell[/name_m], but [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is amazing.

I really like [name_m]Edward[/name_m] “[name_m]Ward[/name_m]”, [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] “[name_u]Pax[/name_u]”, [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] “[name_u]Mack[/name_u]” (:heart_eyes:), and [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] “[name_u]Van[/name_u]”!

I can see if you don’t like [name_m]Vin[/name_m]/Vinny, how about [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] “Gav”? I know a few Gavins and one goes by “Gav”, which fits him really well.

Lowell is cool depending on how you pronounce it (I know it as low-elle).

Edward is classic, well known, and sophisticated. As long as you’re cool with the [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] association.

Patrick is a solid name but I always think of [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_f]Star[/name_f].

Maverick, in my brutally honest opinion, is stupid. If you want too name your kid after a truck or gas station go for it. It also sounds like a dogs name.

Donovan is cool. It gives me a feeling of [name_m]Edward[/name_m] and [name_m]Lowell[/name_m] combined if that makes sense.

Every [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] I know has been awful so I have a very low opinion on that name.

I love [name_m]Edward[/name_m] nn [name_m]Ward[/name_m], [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] nn [name_u]Pax[/name_u], [name_u]Maverick[/name_u] nn [name_u]Mack[/name_u] and [name_m]Donovan[/name_m] nn [name_u]Van[/name_u]! [name_m]Wells[/name_m] is an amazing nickname.

How are you pronouncing [name_m]Lowell[/name_m]?

It’s my grandfather’s middle name but he pronounces it more like it rhymes with bowl or [name_m]Joel[/name_m] so I’m having a hard time seeing [name_m]Wells[/name_m] as a nn that wouldn’t require a fair bit of explanation.

With my accent it sounds like low-el so while it has a longer w sound it still makes sense to my ear