Opinions on Margo?

I have a love/hate relationship with this name

Both my parents don’t care for it and think it’s an old lady name.
I agree on some level but then another part of me thinks it’s spunky, a name that builds an image of someone that has so much personality.

…the part that puts me off the name is the nickname “marg” or “marge” I do not like them at all whatsoever, but the nn “[name_u]Mars[/name_u]” I love

The last name is [name_m]Drago[/name_m] so it would be [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m]

EDIT

With these responses it’s clear that Margo will not work with my last name, do you guys like Saskia Drago better?

I really like [name_f]Margo[/name_f]! Something about it does seem old-fashioned, yet fashionable and fresh. I completely agree with you that it has personality. I wouldn’t consider it an “old lady” name by any means. [name_u]True[/name_u], the only [name_f]Margo[/name_f] I know is my mom’s childhood friend (who would be 50 or so by now…but that’s still not an ‘old lady’ :wink: ), but it would be refreshing to hear it used on a child today.

I don’t like [name_f]Marge[/name_f] as a nickname either, and [name_u]Mars[/name_u] is okay, but [name_f]Margo[/name_f] is short enough to where I don’t think too many people would feel the need to shorten it any further.

Now, the last name thing is a bit tricky. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] just sounds a bit much…I mean, it’s better than if it were [name_f]Margo[/name_f] Dargo (an exact rhyme), so I think you could get away with it. It isn’t a big deal. Personally, I’d go for [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] “[name_f]Margo[/name_f]” [name_m]Drago[/name_m], but that’s just me.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] is a good name and I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. But [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] just seems cruel to me. Sorry.

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I also used to not care for [name_f]Margo[/name_f], and while it’s still not my style, I have grown to appreciate the spunky feel to the names. For a nn, I would personally use [name_f]Margie[/name_f], but [name_u]Mars[/name_u] is adorable too! That being said, I’m a little thrown off by the fact that [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] does (sort of) rhyme, and looks so similar that it seems a little strange written out. I would maybe consider other options - maybe [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], Marisel, [name_f]Molly[/name_f], or [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] could work as alternatives?:slight_smile:

Yeah the last name situation is frustrating, it could work but I do worry that it’s a bit too much.

I might just have to go with my first choice, [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]

[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] sounds a little better

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] is not cruel. What a silly and overdramatic statement.

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Margo[/name_f], and it isn’t ideal with your surname. I would keep looking.

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] is beautiful but I agree with the other posters… [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] is too much!

Btw, my name is [name_u]Mars[/name_u]! My full name is marianna but I’ve always been [name_u]Mars[/name_u]. Another way I’ve seen to to get to mars is [name_f]Marcella[/name_f]… [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] (mars) is cute!

[name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] works well. [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] is a lovely name.

I really like the sound and imagery of [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. It’s cool, stylish, and feisty, it feels very 50s vintage to me, but I can more easily imagine it on a younger woman or girl than an old lady to be honest.

I think [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] [name_m]Drago[/name_m] sounds awesome! [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] sounds like it’s meant to be with [name_m]Drago[/name_m].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] but yes [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] sounds tons better with [name_m]Drago[/name_m]!

I like [name_f]Margo[/name_f], but I love the [name_f]Margot[/name_f] spelling even more. My friend is [name_f]Margaux[/name_f], a bit too much for my taste.

Sadly [name_f]Margo[/name_f] doesn’t go with your surname at all :frowning: