Opinions on my favorites?

I have two kids: [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]. I was hoping you guys could give me your opinion… even if the names aren’t your style, I would like to know how they fit with my kid’s names. I’m having trouble finding something that fits well with [name]Piper[/name]. It’s such a spunky name, and it’s hard to find something with a similar style. I’m okay with duplicating a first initial if I really love the name.

Here’s my current favorites:
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Arden[/name] (this makes me think of garden, so it’s very feminine to my ears)
[name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name] (my husband says no way, but I still can’t give it up… I love it)
[name]Sosie[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Remy[/name] (I know this is typically a boy’s name, but I would use it for a girl as a way to honor my grandmother, [name]Rosemary[/name])
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Zanna[/name]
[name]Zadie[/name]

Are there any others that you think fit with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]?

Thank you!

[name]Belle[/name]- Its pretty. But, with the [name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Bella[/name]/[name]Belle[/name] craze it wont stand out.
[name]Arden[/name]- Dont know why I’m not a fan. Sounds a little Masculine to me for some reason though its not.
[name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it but, not with [name]Piper[/name]
[name]Sosie[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]! Sounds great with your kids too
[name]Meadow[/name]- I like this one
[name]Remy[/name]- This was going to be my daughters name if she was a boy so naturally I just see it too much as a boys name.
[name]Bellamy[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name]! and you could use the nn [name]Belle[/name] here :slight_smile:
[name]Zanna[/name]- No
[name]Zadie[/name]- This is ok, I think [name]Sosie[/name], [name]Meadow[/name], and [name]Bellamy[/name] are way better options.

I like a lot of these with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]!

[name]Belle[/name] - I think this works really well with [name]Belle[/name], although quite a bit more feminine. I noticed [name]Bellamy[/name] further down on your list, which is technically a bit more unisex, like [name]Piper[/name], even though they both have very girly feels to them–maybe [name]Bellamy[/name], nn [name]Belle[/name]?

[name]Arden[/name] - I like this with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name], too, but not as much as [name]Belle[/name]/[name]Bellamy[/name]. Still, it’s nice. :slight_smile:

[name]Primrose[/name] - I was just thinking about [name]Primrose[/name], nn [name]Posey[/name], today! I prefer it spelled [name]Posey[/name], but I still love it. I think [name]Posey[/name] is adorable, and lovely next to [name]Piper[/name].

[name]Sosie[/name] - very cute, and adorable next to [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Boston[/name], but it seems kind of nicknamey. Have you thought about using a fuller name, with the nn [name]Sosie[/name]? My first idea was [name]Sophia[/name], nn [name]Sosie[/name], but I think something like [name]Shoshana[/name] could work, too…

[name]Meadow[/name] - cute, and definitely fits in. I definitely love [name]Meadow[/name], but I’ve always found it too GP-ish to use in real life.

[name]Remy[/name] - I actually considered this to honor my grandmother, too! That kind of amuses me. :slight_smile: It’s a bit too masculine for me, though–I had considered [name]Remy[/name] for a boy.

[name]Bellamy[/name] - I think this is actually really perfect with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]. It’s a lovely full name, and the nns [name]Belle[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Amy[/name], [name]Amie[/name] (ah-MEE), and [name]Emmy[/name] could all be adorable choices, and all work well with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]…

[name]Zanna[/name] - lovely… you might also consider [name]Sanne[/name]? [name]Said[/name] like sah-neh, I believe? Other “Z” names, like [name]Zara[/name] and [name]Zinnia[/name], seem like they could work with your sibset, too.

[name]Zadie[/name] - cute. I think both this and the more mainstream [name]Sadie[/name] could work with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name].

I also think an [name]Addy[/name] name might also work nicely with your children–maybe [name]Adelia[/name], [name]Adela[/name], or Adalet? [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Adelaide[/name] don’t feel modern enough, and I think [name]Addison[/name] is too unisex…

Good luck!

My faves…

[name]Boston[/name], [name]Piper[/name], and [name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Boston[/name], [name]Piper[/name], and [name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Boston[/name], [name]Piper[/name], and [name]Remy[/name]

[name]Belle[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Belle[/name] and think sounds beautiful with [name]Piper[/name]. [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] sounds great together

[name]Arden[/name] - Nice, not as good a fit though as some of the others but a good choice nonetheless

[name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name] - [name]Primrose[/name] is to much next to [name]Piper[/name]. What about just [name]Posey[/name]? [name]Posey[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] could be nice

[name]Sosie[/name] - Seems like such a NN and I don’t think it sounds very good next to [name]Boston[/name] or [name]Piper[/name]

[name]Meadow[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Meadow[/name], it is a huge GP for me. Personally I think this is the best fit for [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]

[name]Remy[/name] - Next to [name]Piper[/name] I would think this was a boy :frowning:

[name]Bellamy[/name] - Works nice with the sibset and her NN could be [name]Belle[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Zanna[/name] & [name]Zadie[/name] - both of these seem to be a little bit too exotic for [name]Piper[/name] and [name]Boston[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

My favorite from your list is [name]Sosie[/name]. It’s so cute and spunky!

I like [name]Arden[/name] from your list. I know a cute little girl named [name]Arden[/name], so I’m sure that’s influencing me. [name]Sosie[/name] is kinda cute. [name]Belle[/name] is cute but so popular. I love the nn [name]Posy[/name], but not the name [name]Primrose[/name], just NMS, I guess.

I love [name]Sosie[/name] from your list! Also, would you consider [name]Romy[/name] instead of [name]Remy[/name]? I think it’s adorable and goes well with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name].

This won’t be very useful, but I do want to comment to say that I genuinely love your whole list. There isn’t a name on there that I don’t like. Also, I like both [name]Primrose[/name] and [name]Posy[/name], and I’d never considered the latter as a nickname for the former before.

I keep going back and forth about which name I like best paired with your kids’ names, but right now it might be [name]Sosie[/name]. [name]Zanna[/name] might be my second choice.

Some suggestions that I think may match [name]Piper[/name]'s spunk …

[name]Delphi[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Lark[/name] / [name]Larkin[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Faun[/name]
[name]Gala[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
Pavot (pav-oh, French for poppy)
[name]Cypress[/name]
[name]Atlanta[/name]
[name]Sterling[/name] / [name]Starling[/name]
[name]Zelie[/name]
[name]Maple[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]

[name]Belle[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this name, think it’s so much more elegant and pretty than [name]Bella[/name]. Personally, I think [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] make a cute sibset. I think this is a definite possibility.
[name]Arden[/name] (this makes me think of garden, so it’s very feminine to my ears)- To me, it’s just too masculine for a girl, but I do think it’s pretty. I don’t think it’s a bad name by any means, it’s just my style. I do think it is elegant and goes well with [name]Piper[/name].
[name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name] (my husband says no way, but I still can’t give it up… I love it)- Ha, I agree with your husband! [name]Posy[/name] is a cute nickname, but [name]Primrose[/name] is too old-fashioned and doesn’t fit with spunky [name]Piper[/name].
[name]Sosie[/name]- Cute, but I think it’s a definite nickname. Would need a full name for this one, in my opinion.
[name]Meadow[/name]- I like this! [name]Unique[/name] choice, it’s unexpected. Definitely has a bit of spunk, still very feminine.
[name]Remy[/name] (I know this is typically a boy’s name, but I would use it for a girl as a way to honor my grandmother, [name]Rosemary[/name])- I like the name [name]Remy[/name], it is one of the few “boy’s names” I like for a girl. I think it really honors your grandmother, goes well with [name]Piper[/name]. I really like it.
[name]Bellamy[/name]- Really dislike this.
[name]Zanna[/name]- If it’s pronounced with the zahn-a pronounciation, I like it.
[name]Zadie[/name]- Pretty, I think this is a good choice. Slightly nickname-y for me, but it’s definitely an option.

All pretty good choices, in my opinion, but my favorites are [name]Belle[/name], [name]Meadow[/name], and [name]Remy[/name].

Of your favorites, I like how [name]Meadow[/name] fits in best but I also like [name]Primrose[/name] (honestly because I [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Posy[/name]).

What do you think of the name [name]Wren[/name]? It’s kind of a name crush of mine lately, but probably a little too modern for me to have the guts to actually use. It’s been on my brain anyway, so it naturally popped to mind.

[name]Belle[/name]- [name]Love[/name] it, I hope to use it as a middle name
[name]Arden[/name]- I like but not love it. It sounds more harsh with the r and d sound.
[name]Primrose[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name]- [name]Love[/name] love love it. I wish I could find some strenght to us it.
[name]Sosie[/name]- see [name]Primrose[/name] (I thought I was the only one to like this name)
[name]Meadow[/name]- not a fan
[name]Remy[/name]- love it. It is one of those names for me that I go back and forth whether or not its a boy or girl name. But I love it anyway.
[name]Bellamy[/name]- Like it but not a huge fan.
[name]Zanna[/name]- I feel like people would be saying hannah with some sort of accent.
[name]Zadie[/name]- Like it but I want to say [name]Sadie[/name], maybe since thats my cousins name.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name]. I vote for [name]Sosie[/name], [name]Primrose[/name], or [name]Remy[/name].

Thanks everyone! I’m surprised that so many of you like [name]Meadow[/name]. It was lower on my list until now… the only problem is our last name is [name]Walker[/name]. [name]Meadow[/name] [name]Walker[/name] doesn’t sound bad and it still flows, but it does sound like some kind of [name]Indian[/name] name for a girl who walks in meadows. I’m not sure if this should deter me though… what do you think?

I hadn’t thought about just using [name]Posy[/name]/[name]Posey[/name] by itself. I’ll have to think about it.

@ange84 - I have considered [name]Romy[/name] (it is pronounced with a short or long o?), but I’m just not sure I like the sound as much as [name]Remy[/name].

@oukretzer - I really like [name]Wren[/name] too, but my husband nixed it when we were naming our daughter. Too bad because it’s such a pretty little name.

Several of you said that [name]Sosie[/name] sounds like a nickname, but there’s not a longer version that I like that I would be able to shorten. Plus, I’ve noticed that my husband will turn down ANYTHING that’s longer than 8 letters and/or 2 syllables (He’s not a huge fan of [name]Bellamy[/name], but he’s also not completely against it. I’m trying to work on him slowly).

@nono – I like several of the names you suggested. Especially [name]Lark[/name]. But then you get into our last name… [name]Lark[/name] [name]Walker[/name], and I’m not so sure. [name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Zelie[/name]?

I think I’m going to narrow it down to these
[name]Bellamy[/name] nn [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] (if I can’t convince my husband on [name]Bellamy[/name] then I’d go to this because he likes [name]Belle[/name])
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Sosie[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Zelie[/name] (although I’m not sure how to pronounce it)

I believe [name]Zelie[/name] is most commonly pronounced zay-lee. It was derived from the French word for azalea. I’ve also seen it spelled Zélie.

I tried Google and found people talking about having met Zelies pronounced to rhyme with [name]Kelly[/name] or jelly (that seems completely unintuitive to me) and also like zee-lee, so I guess there’s some precedent for that, but zay-lee seems to me to probably be the most accurate.

A lot of the Zelies I’ve seen around seem to have been named with the French St. Zélie in mind, which in my mind kind of solidifies my idea about zay-lee being the most likely pronunciation.

Also, I think that [name]Bellamy[/name] called [name]Belle[/name], which seems to be your forerunner right now, would be gorgeous! I really don’t think that you can go wrong with yoru list.

I like [name]Arden[/name] and [name]Remy[/name] best with [name]Boston[/name] and [name]Piper[/name].

A girl i went to school with had a little sister named [name]Remy[/name]. I think it is lovely for a girl.