Opinions on my girls list! Brutal honestly is welcome... i wont take it personally!

My husband and I are (still) TTC and I am OBSESSED with names! It took us almost the entire 9 months of my pregnancy with my son to come up with 2 names that we liked… and the girls name we had chosen (before we found out the sex) I no longer like!

Here is my list… what do you think? Any additional suggestions?

[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Neila[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
*new addition to list… [name]Valentina[/name]

My husband is hispanic and I am of russian and irish background!

I love all of the names besides [name]Neila[/name], [name]Valentine[/name], and [name]Dorothy[/name]. My favorites have to be [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Bridget[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name]. What is your sons name? It may help us help you.

My favorites are [name]Ramona[/name], [name]Nora[/name] (without the h), [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name], and [name]Beatrix[/name]. I don’t care for [name]Neila[/name] at all. Overall, you have a great list!

My sons name is [name]Josef[/name]… (with an F not a PH becuase my husband is hispanic and the PH just doesnt look right!.. it was hard enough getting his family to pronounce the J!!!)

I love [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name].

[name]Ramona[/name]- I love [name]Ramona[/name], but I don’t know if I love it because of the [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Quimby[/name] association or for itself. I hate the nn [name]Mona[/name].
[name]Lucille[/name]- [name]Lucille[/name] is nice. It’s nms, but I see the appeal.
[name]Bridget[/name]- I think you have some better names on your list. [name]Bridget[/name] seems so dated to me.
[name]Norah[/name]- I think [name]Nora[/name]/h is an elegant name. It’s simple yet sophisticated. It’s nms, but I think it’s pretty.
[name]Eleanor[/name]- I love [name]Eleanor[/name]. It’s just a great, classic name. I also love [name]Lenore[/name].
[name]Eleanora[/name]- I don’t like it. I prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] or [name]Lenora[/name].
[name]Dorothy[/name]- I love, love, love [name]Dorothy[/name]. I would love to see it make a comeback. [name]Dot[/name] is a great nickname.
[name]Beatrix[/name]- Beautiful and clunky. I love it.
[name]Neila[/name]- I don’t like this one at all. You have so many better names on your list. It looks like [name]Neil[/name] with an “a” tacked on the end.
[name]Fiona[/name]- [name]One[/name] of my favorites.
[name]Valentina[/name]- I think it’s a little too fancy. I kind of hate it. Sorry.

[name]How[/name] do you feel about [name]Petra[/name] or [name]Lucinda[/name]?

[name]Ramona[/name] - I [name]LOVE[/name] this. It’s so perfect.
[name]Lucille[/name] - Very delicate and French sounding, probably my favourite [name]Lucy[/name]- name.
[name]Bridget[/name] - I like this a lot. I’m not sure how I feel about [name]Bridget[/name] and [name]Josef[/name].
[name]Norah[/name] - I see the appeal but it doesn’t do much for me.
[name]Eleanor[/name] - It’s alright. NB seem to love this, but I know lots of girls with this name so it’s just a bit uninspiring to me. With [name]Josef[/name] I think [name]Elena[/name] works a lot better.
[name]Eleanora[/name] - Pretty, but I don’t have very strong feelings either way.
[name]Dorothy[/name] - [name]Dorothy[/name] is so gorgeous and old-lady it melts my heart.
[name]Beatrix[/name] - [name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Josef[/name] are brilliant together. I love the [name]Beatrix[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association, and it just sounds so fun.
[name]Neila[/name] - This is lovely - I’ve never heard it before but I like it.
[name]Fiona[/name] - see [name]Eleanor[/name].
[name]Valentina[/name] - It’s very pretty. I loved it for a while after meeting the sweetest Italian girl named [name]Valentina[/name]. But I sort of feel it’s edging on overly feminine, even for me.

[name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name] win by a mile for me.

I love [name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name]. I like [name]Beatrix[/name], but like [name]Beatrice[/name] even more.

[name]Ramona[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] this name so much! I get a lot of negative comments though. I don’t know why; I guess it’s not their style.
[name]Lucille[/name]: Beautiful
[name]Bridget[/name]: I strongly dislike this name ever since Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came out.
[name]Norah[/name]: Cute
[name]Eleanor[/name]: I think this is a great name.
[name]Eleanora[/name]: Elegant and beautiful
[name]Dorothy[/name]: NMS, it’s too old fashioned for me.
[name]Beatrix[/name]: I like this.
[name]Neila[/name]: I’m not sure about the pronouciation. That’s probably the downfall of this name. It looks pretty though
[name]Fiona[/name]: [name]Adore[/name] this one!
[name]Valentina[/name]: Very cute

It would seem we have similar taste in girls names as a lot of these are on my list for the next bub (at least 2 years away - but hey planning is good)
[name]Love[/name] , love love
[name]Dorothy[/name]- nn [name]Dolly[/name] is the cutest
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Eleanora[/name] - nn [name]Nora[/name] - fab
[name]Beatrice[/name] is on my list

[name]Do[/name] you like?
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Adelia[/name]
[name]Regina[/name] - nn [name]Queenie[/name]?

I like [name]Norah[/name] (though I prefer it without the h) and [name]Eleanora[/name] from your list. I think they are classy and easy to pronounce.
WDYT of:
[name]Dorthea[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name] or [name]Ofelia[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Lenora[/name]

I like your style. You have some lovely names on your list and a few are on my list, too!

[name]Ramona[/name] - Cute.
[name]Lucille[/name] - Not my favourite “Luc” name, but it’s nice. I prefer [name]Lucia[/name]!
[name]Bridget[/name] - The least best name on your list imo.
[name]Norah[/name] - It’s cute, but I prefer it without the “h”.
[name]Eleanor[/name] - I’ve never cared for it. Feels very old to me. [name]Lenore[/name] or the French [name]Eleanor[/name] ([name]Alienor[/name]) are much nicer imo.
[name]Eleanora[/name] - Same as [name]Eleanor[/name].
[name]Dorothy[/name] - It’s very old lady, but could be charming. I think I prefer the spelling [name]Dorothea.[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] - Love! It’s spunkier than [name]Beatrice[/name] and has a great meaning.
[name]Neila[/name] - Seems like someone slapped an “a” on the end to honor a Neil. I don’t like it.
[name]Fiona[/name] - It’s growing on me.
[name]Valentina[/name] - Though it’s a bit frilly, I like it.

More names that you may fancy:
Viola
Penelope
Theodora
Thea
Philippa
Sabrina
Oriana
Mathilda
Lucia
Helena
Phoebe
Lenore
Serafina

I love [name]Lucille[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Valentina[/name]! My favorite, though, from your list would have to be [name]Lucille[/name]. I love the nickname [name]Lucy[/name]. I even like [name]Lucila[/name] - nickname Cila or even [name]Luca[/name]. Soooo cute! And [name]Lucille[/name]/[name]Lucila[/name] both sound great with your son’s name!

[name]Ramona[/name] - honestly reminds me too much of [name]Ramona[/name] the Pest from the [name]Beverly[/name] [name]Cleary[/name] books. But not bad! [name]Just[/name] not a fan personally.
[name]Lucille[/name] - I really like this. It’s a great name that feels fresh again with the cute nn of [name]Lucy[/name].
[name]Bridget[/name] - I’ve always loved [name]Bridget[/name]. So sweet and spunky.
[name]Norah[/name] - I prefer it w/o the h, but it’s very simple and pretty.
[name]Eleanor[/name] - I like [name]Eleanora[/name]. For some reason, it feels cut off without an a in comparison to the next one. But still cute!
[name]Eleanora[/name] - Very beautiful! And fresh.
[name]Dorothy[/name] - I love [name]Dorothy[/name] as a classic to bring back, maybe b/c I adore the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name].
[name]Beatrix[/name] - I like this better than [name]Beatrice[/name], I think the x is cool. [name]Just[/name] don’t call her [name]Trixie[/name], please! [name]Bea[/name] is a cute nn though.
[name]Neila[/name] - Quite honestly never heard this, and it feels a little awkward to say. Try [name]Nylah[/name]?
[name]Fiona[/name] - Not on my list, but I think it’s a great choice. Unusual and somewhat royal, imo.
[name]Valentina[/name] - Eh, not a fan. It’s pretty enough, but the whole name sounds embellished, like you’re trying to hard. Know what I mean?

Overall, great list!

[name]Ramona[/name] - A pretty name, perhaps not an eternal classic like [name]Beatrix[/name] or [name]Eleanor[/name] though.
[name]Lucille[/name] - Like this a lot, pretty and sophisticated, plus you get the lovely [name]Lucy[/name] as a nn. There’s [name]Lucia[/name] too.
[name]Bridget[/name] - I know this has come back into vogue but I never cared for it, feels clunky and old auntish.
[name]Norah[/name] - I like this.
[name]Eleanor[/name] - Classic and elegant, I would choose [name]Eleanora[/name] because it has a more musical sound and because it gives you [name]Nora[/name] as a nn.
[name]Eleanora[/name] - This is a lovely elegant classic, feminine but not frilly.
[name]Dorothy[/name] - I prefer [name]Theadora[/name] only because I think of the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name], but it is a sweet name.
[name]Beatrix[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this, it’s classic but off beat and fun.
[name]Neila[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like this at all, it just feels like a bad attempt to make a boys name feminine.
[name]Fiona[/name] - I’m not mad for it, but it’s a good name, it just feels a bit dated to me.
[name]Valentina[/name] - I find this a bit too frilly.

[name]Ramona[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] are my favorites from your list:)

[name]Ramona[/name]-[name]Don[/name]'t like at all
[name]Lucille[/name]-Really adore this name
[name]Bridget[/name]-Nice name-prefer [name]Brigita[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]-Nice name
[name]Eleanor[/name]-Really don’t like
[name]Eleanora[/name]-Really don’t like
[name]Dorothy[/name]-CUTE!
[name]Beatrix[/name]-Not bad-pretty cute actually
[name]Neila[/name]-Prefer [name]Leila[/name].
[name]Fiona[/name]-I don’t like
*new addition to list… [name]Valentina[/name]-I like this-Very sweet.

suggestions;
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
Franchesca
[name]Mable[/name]
[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Estella[/name]
[name]Anaya[/name]
[name]Ivana[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Daniela[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Giavanna[/name]

[name]Ramona[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it. [name]Love[/name] it, love it, love it. Best on the list I think.
[name]Lucille[/name] - Very nice, offers great nn potential ie: [name]Lulu[/name], [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name] - Well, this is my name so I’m biased. I don’t like it, people always spell it wrong, ALWAYS and it has all kinds of unfortunate rhyming problems, which made elementary school just SO fun. Plus the nns are BRUTAL. ([name]Bridge[/name]? [name]Birdie[/name]? Awful)
[name]Norah[/name] - love it. This is a nice fresh spelling
[name]Eleanor[/name] - Again, very pretty & classic. [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name] is a wonderful namesake, also.
[name]Eleanora[/name] - I have a thing against unnecessarily fussing up girl’s names by adding an extra “a” when the original name is great.
[name]Dorothy[/name] - I don’t care for it, I like heritage names but this one seems very “old lady” to me.
[name]Beatrix[/name] - Give the great nn “[name]Bea[/name]” but I prefer [name]Beatrice[/name] because “[name]Trix[/name]” is an unpleasant sound, just in my own opinion.
[name]Neila[/name] - This name is new to me. My first impression is a good one, but as a [name]Bridget[/name] that gets shortened to the unpleasant “[name]Bridge[/name]” I worry she’d get shortened to “[name]Neil[/name]” which isn’t pretty.
[name]Fiona[/name] - In theory this is a nice name but it reminds me of Shrek too much now.
*new addition to list… [name]Valentina[/name] - Again, I prefer just [name]Valentine[/name]. The extra “a” to me is unnecessary.

[name]Ramona[/name]- Not a fan. Either i’m thinking [name]Ramona[/name] and Beezus, or a grandmother name.
[name]Lucille[/name]- [name]Lucille[/name] Bluth. Besides that, I like this name, though it feels like a grandmother name.
[name]Bridget[/name]- Overused at least in my generation
[name]Norah[/name]- Sounds like [name]Noah[/name]. Not really a fan
[name]Eleanor[/name]- I really like this one. It’s very elegant and dashing for a girl.
[name]Eleanora[/name]- I like [name]Eleanor[/name] but I could live with [name]Eleanora[/name].
[name]Dorothy[/name]- Grandmother name. Can’t see this on a little girl.
[name]Beatrix[/name]- Eh.
[name]Neila[/name]- Not sure how to pronounce this. Looks pretty.
[name]Fiona[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this name! Phee is also a cute nickname <3
*new addition to list… Valentina- Not really my style but I can see it being usable.

Favorites: Eleanor, Eleanora, Fiona.

I like [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Valentina[/name]. [name]Valentina[/name] sounds best in Spanish.