Opinions on my list please

I’ve been looking at my list of names and trying to select some favourites. I love so many names, but these are the ones I’d actually consider using in the future. What do you think of these? Be as honest as you like.

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - or possibly [name_f]Ester[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]

[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] nn Tolly
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - or possibly [name_f]Ester[/name_f], I love [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. I used to have a neighbour with the same name she took care of me alot. So the name has a good memory to me.
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - I actually love name [name_u]August[/name_u] for a boy?
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - love this! [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since I used [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] in my story I love this name. But I think it is because the character I come up with was a good person too? Ahdha xD
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] - hmm I love the name itself but nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is a no for me.
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f] - what about Otilia? I prefer this spelling.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] - not a name I like sorry
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - nice name, there are other O names I like but this is nice too
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - don’t like this because of the meaning.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Susan[/name_f]/[name_f]Suzan[/name_f]/[name_f]Suzy[/name_f] more than [name_f]Susanna[/name_f].

[name_m]David[/name_m] - I love [name_m]David[/name_m]!!
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m] - I don’t quiet like this sorry
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] - I love this name and I am happy it is getting popular. Is it the affect of Lovelinus I wonder ^^
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is such a cute name I would give it 9/10
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m]/[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - I don’t like these two sorry
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]/[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly - nn is a no but both names especially [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] are great names.
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] - I don’t like the ph sound in it. [name_m]Steven[/name_m] or Stefen will be better?
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - not my favorite sorry

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Esther[/name_f], I don’t care for [name_f]Ester[/name_f].
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - I love this! I love all [name_u]August[/name_u]- names, and this one is really lovely.
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is nice too. I’m not sold on it though.
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] - I dislike this.
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f] - This is spunky, I like it, but I don’t know how out of place it feels alongside your other favourites.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] - This feels very British royale to me, I don’t know whether to love or hate it for that lol.
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - I really like this, it’s a super cool name.
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - Dislike. It’s an old lady name and I don’t think it’ll ever be revived.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] but I am iffy on [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. I love the [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] [name_m]Kaysen[/name_m] ties to it though.

[name_m]David[/name_m] - I have no opinion on this name, it’s so heavily used that I just kind of go “eh” when I hear it.
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m] - This is alright, not a huge fan though. I don’t like how the nickname could be [name_u]Jerry[/name_u].
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] - This is a cool, intelligent-sounding name. I like it.
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Felix[/name_m], although I am hesitant because of how it reminds me of cats.
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m] - I have no opinion on this, never really heard it enough to have one.
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - This one is alright, but it reminds me of The [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] Brothers lol. I prefer [name_m]Jonah[/name_m].
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] - Dislike.
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] - Dislike, way too pretentious for my liking.
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] - See [name_m]David[/name_m].
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - See [name_m]David[/name_m].

My favourites would be [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m]/[name_m]Felix[/name_m].

I like your style a lot, all these names are beautiful and unexpected.
Ranked from most to least favorite:
Girls
1.[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
2.[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
3.[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
4.[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
5.[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
6.[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
7.[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
8.[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]
9.[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
Boys
1.[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
2.[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
3.[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
4.[name_m]David[/name_m]
5.[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
6.[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
7.[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
8.[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]
9.[name_m]Johannes[/name_m]
10.[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

Felix, David, Esther and Eugenia are my favorites with Gabriel. I think you could do a Biblical theme - Esther, David and Gabriel - or a British-style theme - Felix, Eugenia and Gabriel.

I adore/love:
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f] - prefer [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a stand alone and prefer it over [name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

my least favorite:
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]

My favourites are:
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]- Very beautiful, sweet and gentle sounding (despite the hard G and D)
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]- I really like the vintage feel of [name_f]Edith[/name_f] and [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is so adorable.
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]- I’ve warmed to this recently. I think it’s very cool and feisty, full of personality.
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m] I quite like because of character associations, and whilst I’m not a big fan of [name_m]David[/name_m] I’m really crushing on the Finnish version [name_m]Taavi[/name_m] right now.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]- Really like the meaning, and the sound definitely suits it
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]- I just like the sound, and Tolly is so cute.
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]- Left the best until last, also why I wanted to comment. I love [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]! I think it’s a wonderful name; it has history, it’s unusual, and has a boyish feel whilst still being a substantial name that can work on any age. The meaning is a slight downside, but otherwise [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]'s perfect. I definitely think he deserves more love, and Tolly is so sweet too.

My favorites are [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], [name_f]Odilia[/name_f], and [name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

These are nms but nice: [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Esther[/name_f] (I like the meaning and the nn [name_f]Essie[/name_f] or [name_f]Este[/name_f]), [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] (love [name_f]Lena[/name_f]).

I don’t really care for [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] or [name_f]Barbara[/name_f]. [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] still feels very dated to me.

For boys, I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Johannes[/name_m].

My favorites from your list are [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I think these go the best with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].

My favorites from your list are [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I think these go the best with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].

I’m not really a fan of your style sorry, but I’ll try my best to give constructive feedback :slight_smile:

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], I feel like it’d be an unexpected choice for a little girl - in a good way! [name_f]Esther[/name_f] isn’t too bad, and I like [name_f]Eadie[/name_f], as a standalone name. I quite like [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] too, spelt [name_f]Susannah[/name_f].

Of your boys, [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] would be my favourite

[name_f]Esther[/name_f]/[name_f]Ester[/name_f]- the only [name_f]Esther[/name_f] I knew was rather annoying… didn’t try very hard at school, sometimes inappropriate. Sometimes she was sweet but not when I really knew her. Sorry, I’m not a fan of the name because it reminds me of her
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]- kinda clunky but sweet and I like that it’s uncommon
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]- gorgeous! I love the associations. Such a strong and classic name
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f]- I still can’t get behind [name_f]Edith[/name_f], not even with the Despicable Me girl, it’s still too frumpy for me. I like [name_f]Edie[/name_f] though
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]- love! My favorite from your list.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]- sweet and underused
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]- strong, classy, and feminine
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]- really not a fan. Too dated for me and I also don’t like the sound. Maybe in another 30 or so years it’ll be fresh again
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]- I have mixed feelings about this name… on the one hand it’s my mom’s name and she’s an incredible woman. She has a PhD, works as a doctor, very strong and independent, great role model for me and my sisters. On the other hand… [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is my mom’s name so I can’t picture it on anyone younger than like 30.

[name_m]David[/name_m]- really dislike. I’m afraid I’ve never met a decent man named [name_m]David[/name_m]. I’ve known several and all were jerks.
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]- interesting name and I love it with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]!
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]- I’m a massive Peanuts fan so I love this one
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]- one of my newest faves! Spunky and fun yet classic
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m]- this one confuses me because I like the sound and it has great namesakes but I’d be worried about pronunciation
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]- since I’m of that generation, this strikes me as being too [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] Brothers-y, but not a bad name
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] nn Tolly- interesting name that I like the sound of but again I’d worry about pronunciation and I don’t think it goes very well with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly- the full name is just too long for me to ever imagine on anyone under 60. It seems over the top
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]- how are you saying this? If it’s like [name_m]Steven[/name_m] then I like it. If it’s like [name_m]Stefan[/name_m], it reminds me too much of the old king from Sleeping Beauty
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]- I’m iffy on this because I love [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m] but I’ve also been a bit turned off ever since I learned it’s the [name_m]French[/name_m] word for “to fart” (péter, technically).

My top 3 for each are:
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] (with [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] at close 4th and 5th!)
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]

Bottom 3:
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - or possibly [name_f]Ester[/name_f]- I think this is the best with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]- not great with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]- good as a middle for [name_f]Esther[/name_f] or [name_f]Edith[/name_f].
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f]- good with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]- not with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]- not my style tbh.
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]- not with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]- not with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]- this is a maybe for me.

[name_m]David[/name_m]- I think this is good with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]- this is a no for me.
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]- it’s a handsome name but I’m teetering with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]- I could see this with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m]- this is interesting, not sure about this.
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]- this is nice.
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] nn Tolly- [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name. Not with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] though.
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly- I love this! Yes
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]- this is kind of bland next to [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] in my eyes.
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]- this is nice with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].

You’ve all been very helpful, thanks! If I didn’t have to compromise with my husband, my list would look very different from this. These are the names we both love and can agree on.

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - or possibly [name_f]Ester[/name_f] - for some reason this name is still a bit too “old” but I’m sure it will be getting more popular
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - I love any name with [name_u]August[/name_u] in it: [name_f]Augustina[/name_f], [name_m]Augustine[/name_m], [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], it makes me think of verdant summer and swimming
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - Probably one the the all time best Biblical names
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Edith[/name_f] and I think it is becoming super wearable and modern. Plus it makes me think of grey gardens which I love.
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f] - I’ve never heard this name before - only Odille like the swan lake character. I think you have names on the list that are far better.
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] - I dont like the name [name_m]Eugene[/name_m], but I’m obsessed with the name [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]. It just sounds so lovely. I love [name_f]Genie[/name_f] and a nickname.
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - Gorgeous, queenly name.
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - For me this is too “baby boomer” I don’t think it is ready for a come back yet.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - To me this conjures up a too sweet/old timey farm feeling. Maybe it’s the “Oh [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]” song.

[name_m]David[/name_m] - A classic but a bit dull.
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m] - I think this is a strong name, though kind of out of style.
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] - I just immediately think of the charlie brown cartoon character holding his blankey. No/
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - I like the x sound in this name. Its a happy sunny name.
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m] - I love this. It’s an historic and cultured name.
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - A little too skater kid from the 90s for me.
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] nn Tolly - Not a fan of this name.
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly - A little too long, too many syllables.
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] - A classic, but does the world need another [name_m]Stephen[/name_m]?
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - This name has a kind of evergreen style to it. I like it. Makes me think of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m].

Fave combos:
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Johannes[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] from your girls list and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is my favourite from your boys.

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - It has beautiful look, sound and meaning
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - I am not a fan of this. I prefer [name_u]August[/name_u] for a middle name only on a boy. It is just NMS
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - I love the look and sound of this!
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] - Beautiful name! My favourite followed by [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f] - NMS and I need to look up how to pronounce this
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] - I do love it but I feel it is still in the nursing home (at least where I live)
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - heart eyes emoji Beautiful name but grand and maybe only for the brave namer
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - I find this dated
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - I feel like this needs to come back! Where I live it people say it is abit dated but I love it so much

[name_m]David[/name_m] - This is a ‘meh’ name for me. I feel like it should be in the classic category and sometimes I feel it is dated
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m] - I like this name. I used to not but It is growing on me
[name_m]Linus[/name_m] - I love this! It is an intelligent sounding with some coolnes [name_f]IMO[/name_f]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - I feel like this name has gotten too trendy and in the public eye
[name_m]Johannes[/name_m] - NMS
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - I dislike the band so I dislike the name
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] nn Tolly - I feel like this may be hard to pronounce or write where I live and maybe other english speaking countries
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly - [name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I feel like this needs to come out of the vintage box and back into the limelight!
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] - Same as [name_m]David[/name_m].
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - Same as [name_m]David[/name_m].

Ranked from favourite to least favourite:

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - I have a family member called this and she’s the sweetest… We call her [name_u]Gusti[/name_u] (goos-tee) for short. I can’t believe that [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] isn’t more popular.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - Though I prefer [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f].
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Odilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f] nn [name_f]Edie[/name_f] - Not a huge fan of [name_f]Edith[/name_f], but [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Edie[/name_f].
[name_f]Barbara[/name_f]

[name_m]Johannes[/name_m] - [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] would amazing for brothers!
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - Really like this with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Stephen[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] nn Tolly
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] nn Tolly - Very pretentious and don’t like it with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m].

Here are my thoughts and reflections - I hope they’re helpful! You have a really interesting collection of Names! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Esther[/name_f]- or possibly[name_f]Ester[/name_f]- I know a delightful Child called [name_f]Esther[/name_f] with long, straight brown hair, big, wise, serious brown eyes, and nut brown skin. When she smiles the whole world shines!

[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] - [name_f]Every[/name_f] year my Family takes part in a Living Nativity Play and so I’m afraid that every Name beginning with [name_u]August[/name_u] makes me think of [name_m]Caesar[/name_m] [name_m]Augustus[/name_m], pompous and menacing!

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - Oooh I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this Name! [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is an AWESOME Woman in the Bible, complex, flawed, humble, wise, faithful, and generous! And the first person to see [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] after He rose on [name_f]Easter[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]! Yeah!
As a Name I find it elegant but good for all ages with gorgeous Nicknames like [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], etc.

[name_f]Edith[/name_f]nn[name_f]Edie[/name_f] - [name_f]Edith[/name_f] is a Name which is slowly but surely growing on me, and your suggestion of [name_f]Edie[/name_f] as a Nickname really helps. I still have trouble picturing [name_f]Edith[/name_f] on anyone under the age of 25 though, sorry, as it is very serious, although delicate and lovely.

[name_f]Odilia[/name_f] - Pretty, musical sounding Name, although I personally prefer it spelt [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] as otherwise it looks very stripy to me!

[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f] - I just can’t imagine this Name on anyone under 45 and it sounds quite stiff and stuffy to me, sorry!

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - This is another Name which has really been growing on me lately, even more so than [name_f]Edith[/name_f]. I actually really like it for any age now, especially if you have an adorable Nickname like [name_u]Tavi[/name_u] or [name_f]Tavia[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

[name_f]Barbara[/name_f] - Oh yes! I grew up with an AMAZING Great Aunt called [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and she has made me [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] this Name! She was strong, wise, kind, brave, incredibly loving, and amazingly capable! Her greatest love was the Sea and she got up every morning, rain or shine, [name_f]Summer[/name_f] or [name_u]Winter[/name_u], and put on her bathers and her [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] bathing cap and went swimming! She told us that swimming in the Sea every day was what kept her so fit and healthy! And she REALLY was! She also spun and dyed her own wool before knitting toys and clothing with it for others, taught Gymnastics and Girl Guides and so much more! For me the Name [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] represents strength, capability and the Great Outdoors!

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] - SO lush, rich and BEAUTIFUL! I have always loved this Name and imagine a tall, rosy cheeked Farm Girl with long, wavy, thick, golden tresses and large, shining, warm brown eyes! Perfect for any age and so many GORGEOUS Nickname options, especially [name_f]Susy[/name_f], [name_f]Sanna[/name_f] and [name_u]Sunny[/name_u]!

[name_m]David[/name_m] - It is so bizarre to have [name_m]David[/name_m] and [name_m]Jerome[/name_m] listed next to each other because [name_m]David[/name_m] is my [name_f]Sister[/name_f]'s Husband and [name_m]Jerome[/name_m] is her ex! For me [name_m]David[/name_m] is a [name_m]Brown[/name_m], safe, calm Name. I love the Names [name_m]David[/name_m] and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] together as a Sibset!

[name_m]Jerome[/name_m] - My [name_f]Sister[/name_f]'s abusive ex has ruined this Name for me forever! I do like the [name_m]French[/name_m] pronunciation however!

[name_m]Linus[/name_m] - Is gorgeous in [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] but I can’t get past that, sorry!

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]FELIX[/name_m]!! :smiley: One of my six ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE Boy’s Names!! [name_m]Felix[/name_m] sounds bright, witty, warm, friendly, funny, sparkling, outdoorsy, and terrific for ANY age! I personally adore the Sibset [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and, from your Names, I love it with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Jonas[/name_m] or [name_m]Johannes[/name_m]! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f]!!

[name_m]Johannes[/name_m] - Another of our Top Favourites! If we have a [name_m]Son[/name_m] ever he will almost certainly be [name_m]Johann[/name_m], although I personally adore [name_m]Johannes[/name_m], as my Husband wants to honour [name_m]Johann[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Bach[/name_m].
For me [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] is warm and cuddly like a [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Bear[/name_m], kind, strong, wise, gentle, brave, and trustworthy! Genuinely perfect for any age and stage of life, with SO MANY lovely Nicknames including [name_m]Hannes[/name_m], [name_m]Hans[/name_m], Hansy, Hänsel, Joh, [name_m]Johann[/name_m], etc!

[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - Absolutely lovely!

[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]*nn Tolly - A gorgeous, deliciously unusual Name with an unfortunately horrible meaning which personally puts me off! Tolly is a gorgeous Nickname! [name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m] does work wonderfully for any age and I’ve just remembered you already have a [name_m]Son[/name_m] called [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and they sound [name_f]LOVELY[/name_f] together!!

[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]*nn Tolly - WONDERFUL Name with a Terrific Nickname! [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is very similar to [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] for me, like a lovely warm overcoat that keeps you feeling warm, safe and protected! Cosy and handsome at the same time! Works wonderfully for any age except Teenagehood when Tolly would be perfect!

[name_m]Stephen[/name_m] - Sounds lovely with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] but, most unfortunately, all 3 Stephens which I have known personally have had major personality disorders!

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] - A lovely Name which works perfectly for any age and sounds great with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], most probably because of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] from [name_u]Genesis[/name_u]!

My Three Favourites From Each Gender:

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]

My Three Favourites From Each Gender to go with [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]:

[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]

[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]

(sorry, I know that’s four!)

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is a big part of the reason why both my husband and I love this name so much. She’s a wonderful woman from the Bible and christian tradition. The christian tradition is also the reason we have [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] on our list. This name is the name of great characters in the Bible, [name_m]John[/name_m] the Baptist and the apostle [name_m]John[/name_m]. My husband also admires pope [name_m]Johannes[/name_m] XXIII.

I love that you love [name_f]Barbara[/name_f], 'cause I love it too! I would never use a nickname for the beautiful [name_f]Barbara[/name_f]. Anyhow, I really like your list. Another name that completely blew my mind is [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] which to me is way up there along with [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m] and [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] :wink:

I think you have a taste for strong, classic names and I love that. Not vintage yet, but awesome.