opinions on my names

Please give me your opinions on my girl names.

Here is my list of names:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] <-- current favorite

Lila <-- I like this one too, but like Isla a little more.

Scarlett <-- I like, but feel unsure because it reminds me of The Scarlet Letter and our last name begins with a “t”

Gemma <-- this is one of those guilty pleasure names that you like, but just can’t ever see yourself using it.

Sophie <-- I love this name because it seems so delicate, but last name end in a fee sound, so I worry that it would sound funny together. Sophia is just so popular, but still a beautiful name in itself.

Ansley <-- Loved this name for years and I love that it’s not popular, but ever since someone said it’s a smoosh name… I have started to like it less, but still think it’s a great name. I do not care for any of the other variations of the name i.e. Ainsley, Tenley, Ensley, Kinsley I only love the sound of Ansley.

Aurora <-- I like, but sounds a little clunky and hard to say at times. I still think it’s pretty though.

Aria <-- I like it a lot, but also feels like a guilty pleasure name. My husband doesn’t want to use it because he thinks the only reason it’s popular is because of Game of Thrones. Not sure why that matters though.

Ava <-- I love this name, but it is so, so popular and I worry that it’s a bit dated at this point.

Cannot use Olivia or Nora

My favorite is [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. I think it’s versatile but not quite as popular as some on your list. The only one I dislike is [name_f]Ansley[/name_f] since it feels like a derivative of the other -ley names. I’ll suggest [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f] are my favorites for you. I am under the impression there is a great deal of variation in the regional popularity of [name_f]Isla[/name_f], so if this is important to you, you might want to investigate the situation in your area. A few other ideas:

[name_f]Kiera[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Brenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Daria[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], and [name_f]Ansley[/name_f] the best. I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u].

Isla - I thinks it’s so pretty! It’s the same pronounciation as Ayla, right? However, it’s very popular these days

Lila - Nice

Scarlett - I don’t personally like this name, but there’s nothing wrong with it

Gemma - I love Gemma :slight_smile:

Sophie - A nice classic name. A little boring, personally

Ansley - Like you I don’t care much for those Ainsley, Tenley, Kinsley etc names, but Ansley is just like them for me.

Aurora - Since it’s my name I think it’s sort of awkward to give my opinion. I think it’s an ok name in general, but it’s on top 20 in so many countries now and just keep rising in popularity so keep that in mind… And I don’t like any of the nicknames. My friends call me Lola but that’s a pretty large stretch

Aria - Arya from game of thrones is pronounced Ar-yah like how are yah though… Anyway. I think it’s nice but it feels a little trendy and it’s also a name to watch out on on the name top list.

Ava - Nice but too popular in my opinion

I hope you don’t think these opinions are rude, I’m only honest and giving strict criticism on purpose to give you something to think about :slight_smile: all of these names are nice and usable

My favorites are Isla, Lila and Gemma. Uncertain where to put Aria, but there’s something appealing about it

I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] a lot, as well as [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. [name_f]Aria[/name_f] feels very trendy due to sudden jump in popularity. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] have both been very popular for some time and maybe feel a bit common. The only name I actually dislike is [name_f]Ansley[/name_f].

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] - very pretty! It’s not something I would chose, but I love how familiar yet unexpected it is.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] - I really, really love the sound of this one, but I fear that with all the Lilys and Lillians, [name_f]Lila[/name_f] would get lost in the mix. I also prefer the [name_f]Lilah[/name_f] spelling.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - the ‘scar’ in the middle is unappealing to me

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - very cute! The nickname [name_f]Gem[/name_f] is also sweet.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - pretty, with a lot more spunk than [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] imo. However, it was very popular, to the point where I almost think it feels a little dated now. But there’s nothing wrong with it, and I could see any girl wearing this name.

[name_f]Ansley[/name_f] - most -ley names come off as trendy to me, though I can see the appeal.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - though I love the connection to the aurora borealis, I agree that it’s just too hard to say

[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - not something I would chose but I can definitely see the appeal.

[name_f]Ava[/name_f] - too popular in my opinion

My favorites from your list would be [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Lila[/name_f]

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]- I’m not usually a fan of I names like this, but I don’t mind [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. I see the appeal of it and think it’s fresh and cute.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f]- I’ve loved [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and all her spelling variations for years. It’s so cute and simple and edgy feeling to me. I think it hits cute and spunky perfectly on the t for a girl name.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - I loved [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] since the first time I heard it 5 years ago. It’s one of those names I just love to hear.

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]- [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] didn’t win me over right away, but after hearing it for so many seasons on SOA, I fell for the charm of it. It’s cute.
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] - I’ve loved [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] since Halloweentown days on Disney [name_f]Channel[/name_f]. So this is just pure love. I love how soft it sounds, and cute it is.
[name_f]Ansley[/name_f] - This is cute. I like it.
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]- [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] has been a favorite of mine for years, and yes it can be clunky sounding, and i’ve battled with that for years as it’s seen my list a few times and then been off it. It’s on my longer list, but I feel like if I found the right name, aurora will make it as a middle name one day.
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] - [name_f]Aria[/name_f] is on my short list and I really don’t care that its so popular. I love it.
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] - [name_f]Ava[/name_f] is so popular and 5 years ago I knew so many ava’s I was literally spinning in my head on the name. But, once I moved jobs, I don’t even hear the name anymore. I work with kids and I just heard this name for the first time, and it’s not even one of my kids yet.

My fave from your list is [name_f]Ansley[/name_f]. I’ve loved [name_f]Ansley[/name_f]/[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u] for a long time but can’t see myself using them as don’t go well with hubby’s surname.

[name_f]Ava[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Aria[/name_f]/[name_f]Isla[/name_f] all seem a bit too popular/common/trendy for my tastes, and from your comment about [name_f]Ava[/name_f] it looks like being very popular might be something that puts you off? It doesn’t seem like [name_f]Isla[/name_f]'s big in the U.S., but it certainly is in the UK and NZ. I know 3 [name_f]Isla[/name_f]'s in my close-ish circle, all age 3 or under.

My favorites are [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

My clear favourites from your list are [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. However I’d cross off [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] because of your surname (and how the name sounds altogether is one of the most important things for the child).
I don’t understand why [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] would be a guilty favourite as it’s so usable. Anyway, my pick is [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] followed by [name_f]Lila[/name_f].

I personally only like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. The other ones sound either plain/boring/unreal. Good luck though.

I like so many of these names :). My favourite from your list is [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], but I also like [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Aria[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f].