opinions on my short list

[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Emmanuelle[/name]
Merit
[name]Teal[/name]
[name]Claudette[/name]

Thanks!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Marigold[/name] and [name]Emmanuelle[/name]. I prefer the simpler [name]Emanuelle[/name] spelling though. I went through a [name]Marigold[/name] phase not long ago, [name]Goldie[/name] is adorable! You could also do [name]Maggie[/name] or maybe Momo? I love Momo :slight_smile:
Also quite like [name]Teal[/name], but for a boy :wink: I like Merit as well, perhaps also for a boy, but it’s very similar to [name]Marit[/name]. [name]Marit[/name] was very popular here in Norway in the 40’s and 50’s, so I have about the same relationship to it as you would have to [name]Linda[/name].
Merit is on my list but never considered.
[name]Claudette[/name] is fun, but perhaps too much so. I find it hard to take seriously. [name]Claudine[/name] would be my pick.
[name]Veronica[/name] was never my favourite, I just can’t find anything about it that I love. [name]Viola[/name] or [name]Verbena[/name] are more my style.

I like Merit and [name]Marigold[/name] a lot.

[name]Marigold[/name] - love it!
[name]Veronica[/name] - it’s alright. Makes me think of [name]Archie[/name] comics.
[name]Emmanuelle[/name] - too vowel-heavy for me, sorry.
Merit - all I can think of are Boy Scouts, and there’s too much of a fiasco surrounding that nowadays.
[name]Teal[/name] - Kind of like it, can’t see myself actually using it though.
[name]Claudette[/name] - I prefer [name]Claudia[/name], but this has a nice flair to it.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

I’m so happy [name]Marigold[/name] is getting good reviews!

[name]Marigold[/name] is one of my faves. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Goldie[/name] too.

[name]Marigold[/name] - [name]Love[/name]. [name]Love[/name] both [name]Mari[/name] ([name]MAR[/name]-ee, not mair-y like [name]Mary[/name]) and [name]Goldie[/name] as nicknames.
[name]Veronica[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, but love other V names more. Have a strange passion for V names, [name]Veronica[/name] makes the top five but not top three.
[name]Emmanuelle[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this one. I would keep the two m’s, I think that leaves her room to go “I wanna be normal” in middleschool and bill it as [name]Emmy[/name]/[name]Emma[/name]. But I love the gracious uncommonness of [name]Emmanuelle[/name].
Merit - A brand of cigarettes, if I’m not mistaken. Reminds me of Newports or Kools.
[name]Teal[/name] - I like this, actually. An unusual colour name.
[name]Claudette[/name] - Feels rather middle-aged to me, like a lot of -ette names. I have known Claudettes and it is hard to picture one that isn’t heavyset and 50 years old. I’m not especially keen on [name]Claudine[/name], either, but I love [name]Claudia[/name].

[name]Marigold[/name] - Pretty and unusual
[name]Veronica[/name] - a bit dated but nevertheless has a nice sound
[name]Emmanuelle[/name] - Really like because its interesting, and is pretty but has substance and elegance
Merit - virtually unheard of virtue name, i like it
[name]Teal[/name] - don’t like at all. [name]Teal[/name] isn’t a very pretty or meaningful color in my opinion
[name]Claudette[/name] - sounds dated. I prefer [name]Claudia[/name], [name]Claudie[/name], or even [name]Claude[/name]

Ohh the cigarette brand Merit. I was wondering if they still exist…