Opinions on Name

Thoughts on the boy name [name_u]Corbin[/name_u]? We agree on so few names. We don’t want too popular, but not too weird either. Something masculine that he can grow with.

I like both [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] and [name_m]Corwin[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Corbin[/name_u] isn’t my personal style, but it is still a good name! It doesn’t strike me as very popular. There is only one in my area. Anyhow, I think that [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] fits your bill pretty well. It’s definitely masculine and it has a cool factor, without it being cutesy. I can picture a [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] in any profession and of being any age.

If [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] is what you agree on, I wouldn’t stress yourself out trying to find something different :slight_smile: it can be hard to agree on a name and chasing your tail trying to find other options can be quite tiring.

I think it’s nice.

I like it, different but not too far out there. Like you said!

I like [name_u]Corbin[/name_u]

I used to like it, but the [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] [name_u]Corbyn[/name_u] association has totally ruined it for me. He’s rather controversial too which turns me off more than an association with a generally well-liked public figure.

I like [name_u]Corbin[/name_u] :slight_smile: it has a great sound . It feels familiar and unique. As the pp said though, it might be interpreted as a political statement in the UK atm, so that’s just something to be aware of

I like [name_u]Corbin[/name_u]!

I like it, but yes - as a [name_u]Brit[/name_u], it would feel like a political statement if someone I knew used it. That said, [name_u]Corbyn[/name_u] may be controversial in terms of British politics but he’s not seen as a bad person or anything like that; however, it’s always a risk to use a name associated with a public figure as you never know what they’ll do in the future. I wouldn’t like to be a [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] at the moment, for example!

Not a fan of [name_u]Corbin[/name_u], but like your correct spelling. An acquaintance of mine in USA named her baby [name_u]Korbyn[/name_u], and that is a total turnoff.

Thank you all! I was completely unaware of the British political figure. I will have to research that.