Opinions on our boys list please

We are back to the drawing board with our boys list. We have ten names we love but we can’t narrow it down.
Would love opinions on our choices (negative comments are fine- we are partcularly interested in why if you don’t like one of the names) and suggestions of similar names are welcome - though we are pretty happy with the ten we have :slight_smile:

[name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charley[/name])
[name]Klaus[/name]- Maybe not on its own… but we aren’t really liking [name]Nicholas[/name] all that much… is there any other names this could be derived from?
[name]Jett[/name]- too trendy?
[name]March[/name] (nn [name]Archie[/name])
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]George[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] (nn [name]Tommy[/name])
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Milo[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charley[/name]) - I love the nn [name]Charlie[/name]/[name]Charley[/name]. It just sounds like such a likeable guy.
[name]Klaus[/name]- I don’t care for [name]Klaus[/name] as full or nn. It might depend on where you are, but it makes me think of movie villains or [name]Christmas[/name].
[name]Jett[/name]- a bit trendy but I see the appeal. Someone suggested a full name where [name]Jett[/name] works as a nn but I can’t quite remember it. [name]Jeremy[/name] maybe?
[name]March[/name] (nn [name]Archie[/name]) - I love nn [name]Archie[/name] but would prefer [name]Archer[/name] as the full name. [name]March[/name] seems feminine to me.
[name]Felix[/name] - I like it but a lot of people think of [name]Felix[/name] the cat. This wouldn’t bother me as much as the lack of nn.
[name]George[/name] - ok but still a little grandpa to me
[name]Oscar[/name] - like it plus cute nn [name]Oz[/name] or [name]Ozzie[/name]. This is probably my favorite from your list
[name]Thomas[/name] (nn [name]Tommy[/name]) - I like [name]Thomas[/name] but [name]Tommy[/name] seems very juvenile to me (don’t know why I don’t have the same feeling on [name]Charley[/name] or [name]Archie[/name]).
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]) - ok
[name]Milo[/name] - really like [name]Milo[/name]. Also like [name]Miles[/name] nn [name]Milo[/name].

Top two are [name]Oscar[/name] and [name]Milo[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charley[/name]) - I love [name]Charles[/name]! I also prefer the spelling [name]Charley[/name] (instead of [name]Charlie[/name])- not sure why, I justl ike the look of it
[name]Klaus[/name]- Not my favourite
[name]Jett[/name]- trendier than the other names on the list, but I don’t think it is too trendy
[name]March[/name] (nn [name]Archie[/name])- cute but not my favourite
[name]Felix[/name]- I find this difficult to imagine on a non-european man
[name]George[/name]- I actually like it!
[name]Oscar[/name]- Not my favourite (maybe because I used to have a cat called [name]Oscar[/name])
[name]Thomas[/name] (nn [name]Tommy[/name])- Classic. Might have problems with popularity, but I still love it
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name])- I like [name]Theo[/name] but not [name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]- In Australia this is the brand of a chocolate drink, and a popular pet name. Not sure where you are or what it is like in other countries.

My favourites are [name]Charles[/name], [name]George[/name] and [name]Thomas[/name]

[name]Milo[/name] & [name]Jett[/name] are amongst my favorite boy names. :slight_smile:
I think the name [name]Charles[/name] is beautifully regal and [name]Charley[/name] is absolutely adorable as a nn–my caveat with this name? Others potentially using “[name]Chuck[/name]” or “[name]Chucky[/name]” as a nn! And what if baby [name]Charles[/name] likes it when he is old enough to decide? [name]Just[/name] something to think about!
Best,
L.

Where I’m from I have never heard the name [name]Chuck[/name] or [name]Chucky[/name] be used for a [name]Charles[/name], so I don’t think it would be very likely. Although I would never call him by those names, if he was to chose to call himself [name]Chuck[/name] it wouldn’t bother me as long as he didn’t mind me calling him [name]Charles[/name]/[name]Charley[/name].

What does everyone think of the spelling [name]Charley[/name]? I prefer the look of it, but is it a spelling associated with girls?

Personally, I like the spelling [name]Charley[/name]. It seems to be used much less than [name]Charlie[/name]. I first saw it spelled with the -ey ending in a movie on a boy character & loved it immediately!
I went to school with a girl named [name]Charlsie[/name] (named for a [name]Charlie[/name] in her family, I believe)
& have always liked the name for a girl. Also, [name]Charlize[/name] [name]Theron[/name], the actress, has the ‘ie’ ending to her name.
I think it’s just a matter of preference. [name]Charley[/name] seems no less masculine than [name]Charlie[/name], in my opinion!
Also, to the poster above, I have had the ‘[name]Milo[/name]’ chocolate drink
by Nestle; however, we pronounce it “Mee-lo”, unlike the boys name, which is pronounced ‘My-lo’! :slight_smile:

[name]Charles[/name] (nn [name]Charley[/name])- I absolutely love the name [name]Charles[/name], having said that, I think [name]Charley[/name] is kinda feminine the only [name]Charley[/name]'s I’ve known have been female.
[name]Klaus[/name]- Maybe not on its own… but we aren’t really liking [name]Nicholas[/name] all that much… is there any other names this could be derived from? - I have to say I don’t really like it. [name]How[/name] about [name]Clint[/name] or [name]Claude[/name]?
[name]Jett[/name]- too trendy? - not trendy at all, it’s great :slight_smile:
[name]March[/name] (nn [name]Archie[/name]) - I kinda like it
[name]Felix[/name] - reminds me of a name for a cat
[name]George[/name] - [name]Love[/name] love love [name]George[/name].
[name]Oscar[/name] - I don’t like it, it reminds me of [name]Sesame[/name] [name]Street[/name] and the award ceremony
[name]Thomas[/name] (nn [name]Tommy[/name]) - I like it
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]) - I like it
[name]Milo[/name] - I like it