Opinions on our list

I was pretty married to [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as a combo but [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] is amazing and gives an honor name to my fiancé’s favorite girls name! [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Clarence[/name_m] is also definitely growing on me; again, I did feel pretty married to the [name_u]Francis[/name_u] combo, but it’s a great suggestion with really nice flow and meaning for both sides of the family. Thank you so much for thinking up all those new combinations and all the nicknames for [name_f]Erika[/name_f] and [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]. [name_f]Erika[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is especially nice and I love the nickname Roo! Ant is cute too…I definitely have an affinity for insect nicknames. I don’t think my cousin would be offended by the shared nickname, but it might be seen as weird, I think I’d definitely consult my cousin as well as my aunt and uncle before using it. All of your suggestions have been very helpful, I think it’ll make the naming process easier in a couple years!

Thanks for all the love and giving me permission to use [name_m]Wills[/name_m]! I love hearing people’s reactions to my list and you e been very helpful!

1 Like

Thank you! I think it’s helpful too that the primary honor for the [name_f]Frances[/name_f] in [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]’s name would be [name_m]Saint[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] of [name_f]Assisi[/name_f], whole the honor for [name_u]Francis[/name_u] in [name_m]William[/name_m]’s name would be my Granny [name_f]Franny[/name_f] (I just realized both got gender bent!). Honestly though I don’t know why I’m so concerned about it. Middle names are so rarely used and even shared first names are common in some cultures. I know several families where all the kids go by theor middle names because all the girls are [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and all the boys are [name_m]Joseph[/name_m].

1 Like

I forgot to ask, do you have any new middle name suggestions for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] if I use [name_f]Frances[/name_f] for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]?

• Adelaide [name_f]Esme[/name_f] “[name_f]Lady[/name_f]/Ladybug”
  • Beatrice [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] “[name_f]Bea[/name_f]/Bumblebee”
  • Clementine [name_f]Alice[/name_f] “[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]/Lemon”
  • Josephine [name_f]Frances[/name_f] “[name_u]Josie[/name_u]/Posy”
  • Marigold [name_f]Lindie[/name_f] “[name_f]Mari[/name_f]/Goldie/MariLin”
  • Winifred [name_f]Bluebelle[/name_f] “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]/Win”
  • Eleanor [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]”
  • Susan [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] “[name_f]Essie[/name_f]”
  • Philippa [name_f]Clover[/name_f] “[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]”
  • Erika _____
  • Anthony [name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
  • Augustus [name_u]Blaise[/name_u] “[name_u]Gus[/name_u]”
  • Charles [name_m]Alastair[/name_m] “[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]”
  • Christopher [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] “[name_u]Kit[/name_u]”
  • _____ [name_m]Clarence[/name_m]
  • John [name_m]Henry[/name_m] “[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
  • Joseph [name_u]Francis[/name_u] “[name_m]Zeff[/name_m]”
  • Leopold [name_m]Bruno[/name_m] “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]”
  • Robert [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] “[name_u]Bobby[/name_u]/Bear”
  • William [name_u]Francis[/name_u] “[name_m]Wills[/name_m]/Wim”

0 voters

That’s great! I definitely love honour names, it is something very important to me as well. And Roo, or [name_u]Rue[/name_u] maybe, is very sweet! Ant is also my favourite of the [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] nicknames too! Bumblebee, Ladybug and Ant would be adorable! I must admit that I’m not a massive fan of [name_m]Wills[/name_m], probably because I associate it a lot with [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] haha, but if your cousin and his parents don’t see a problem then I think it’s perfectly fine. [name_m]Just[/name_m] in case, some more nicknames for [name_m]William[/name_m] could be: Wilby, [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_u]Wylie[/name_u], [name_u]Wally[/name_u], [name_u]Whit[/name_u], [name_m]Will[/name_m], [name_m]Willis[/name_m] and maybe even [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m].

I did have [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_f]Posy[/name_f] on my list at some point before I used it as a middle name instead. The combination I had was [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], but maybe you’ll like (I’ve tried to use some of your honour names too!):

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Antonella[/name_f] ([name_f]Antoinette[/name_f])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Eugenie[/name_f] ([name_m]Eugene[/name_m])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Roberta[/name_f] ([name_m]Robert[/name_m])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] ([name_m]William[/name_m])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Franette[/name_f] ([name_f]Frances[/name_f])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] ([name_f]Frances[/name_f])
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] ([name_f]Marsha[/name_f])

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] I can be of some help! :blush:

2 Likes

I think you have a beautiful list! I know you said you’re worried about significance but I think that both of you loving a name gives it a lot of significance.

My favourites:

Adelaide [name_f]Esme[/name_f]- this is a gorgeous combination! [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is my go to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] nickname but Ladybug is adorable!

Beatrice [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]- this is also beautiful and, again, Bumblebee is a super sweet nickname.

Marigold [name_f]Lindie[/name_f]- I think this is really cute and I love [name_f]Goldie[/name_f]!

Eleanor [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is cute but I’m not so keen on [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f], I think it’s a lot with [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]

As far as [name_f]Erika[/name_f], nicknames could be [name_f]Eri[/name_f], [name_f]Rika[/name_f] or [name_u]Riki[/name_u]. I like [name_f]Erika[/name_f] [name_f]Alice[/name_f] but you could also use [name_f]Erika[/name_f] as a middle name. I think [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] [name_f]Erika[/name_f] would be lovely.

Charles [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]- This is great! It’s a gorgeous combination and I love [name_u]Charlie[/name_u].

Christopher [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]- I think this is very handsome and I really love [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as a nickname

Robert [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]- Also very handsome and I like the cultural and family significance.

I love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] for a girl (especially with the nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]) but I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] so I would pick [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]. I think you should only use [name_f]Frances[/name_f]/Francis once though, even in the middle.

Wim and [name_u]Win[/name_u] are definitely way too similar so I would just pick one. You could consider an alternative [name_m]William[/name_m] nickname though, like [name_u]Billy[/name_u] or [name_u]Liam[/name_u].

1 Like

Thank you! I love [name_f]Frances[/name_f] as a first name, but it’s my sister’s middle name, she was really close with our granny franny, and she’s called dibs. I realize that that sounds ridiculous, but my siblings respect one per person per gender.