Opinions on Our Narrowed List (Suggestions Welcome, Too!)

I am having my second baby girl, little sister to my daughter [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f]) [name_u]Poe[/name_u] and son [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] ([name_m]Ozzie[/name_m]) [name_m]Twain[/name_m]. I’m one of those people who can’t name my babes till they’re in my arms, so I’m not looking to find “the ONE” name right now, but would love to hear opinions on the list so far - What are your favs? What works with sibling’s names? Suggestions for other names that maybe we haven’t considered? So, list as of now, as well as some comments on what I’m thinking:

[name_u]Scout[/name_u] - (This is one of my favs, but hubby’s not a huge fan)

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f])

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]

[name_u]Emory[/name_u] ([name_f]Emmie[/name_f]) - I feel like [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] as a nickname is too popular since, like my daughter’s nn [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], people use it to shorten a variety of names.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f]) - I’m also a bit concerned about using another ‘E’ name as I plan on at least one more child and I’m worried that then I’ll have two girls with an ‘e’ name but don’t want to use another (my son, [name_m]Ozzie[/name_m], passed away from SIDS, so while I have a child without an ‘E’ first name, he is no longer with us).

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - [name_f]My[/name_f] hubby and I both really like this, but I don’t want to use [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and am not sure that [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] on it’s own is appropriate.

[name_f]My[/name_f] hubby and I have fairly different naming styles, but he is very easygoing about me using whatever I really like. Middle name will be an author last name, which is undecided at this point and will depend on what first name I end up using. [name_f]TIA[/name_f] for all opinions and/or suggestions!

Im so sorry to hear of the passing of your sweet boy- My heart goes out to you…
I love your names! We have the same naming style for sure! :slight_smile:
A few of your names were also on my list for my granddaughter!
I love them in this order (so glad you didnt ask us to pick just one favorite)
Everly
Scout
Maisie
Poppy
Tallulah
Emory—this one is last becasue as it was laso on our list, my daughter is a tracher and a girl in her class was Emory and she said it always sounde like she was trying to say Emily but had a speech impediment—so… :wink:

[name_u]Scout[/name_u] - my daughter’s name. Great for an outdoorsy child that loves spending hours searching for bugs and shells.

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] - very girly, but I like it. [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] is adorable.

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - really cute and old fashioned.

[name_u]Emory[/name_u]- I knew a boy called this, but don’t care for it.

[name_u]Everly[/name_u]- strongly prefer [name_u]Ever[/name_u].

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]- Cute, but not my style.

[name_u]Pepper[/name_u]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Sparrow[/name_f]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [author surname] would be my pick, mostly because I’m completely in love with the book (and drastically different movie adaptation) What [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] Knew and I’m all for double literary names.

I get your concerns about using another E name, and I’d definitely avoid that if you plan on having more kids (especially if you only plan on having one more kid.) I also think [name_u]Emory[/name_u] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] are much trendier and less interesting than your other names.

I also really like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]-- it just oozes fun. [name_u]Scout[/name_u] is nice, too (and yay, double literary names.) [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] has always been NMS because it’s just never felt like a name to me (and I don’t like the sound) but if you and your husband both love it, that’s definitely a huge point in its favor.

[name_u]Scout[/name_u] - (This is one of my favs, but hubby’s not a huge fan) :: I don’t like this. I know a girl with this name, although she’s nice (she’s about 8). I don’t like her name

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]) :: Too nickname-y. I don’t like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]. I can’t imagine a [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] on a grown woman

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - It’s okay. Is it said [name_f]MAY[/name_f]-zee or [name_f]Macy[/name_f]? If its [name_f]Macy[/name_f], spell it [name_f]Macy[/name_f].

[name_u]Emory[/name_u] ([name_f]Emmie[/name_f]) :: This is a boys name to me. I have it in my top names for boys. I cant see it on a girl

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f]) :: I like [name_u]Ever[/name_u]. Not [name_u]Everly[/name_u]…

[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] :: It’s just a flower and I hate the name. It’s again, too much of a nickname

I love [name_u]Scout[/name_u] for you.
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] and [name_u]Everly[/name_u] seem just a tad too girly, [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] too nickname-y next to your daughter’s name.
[name_u]Scout[/name_u], like [name_u]Ellison[/name_u], is unisex but (if I’m not completely wrong) used more for girls. It’s a name I can totally imagine on a little princess as well as a tomboy or anything in between.

Yes, I know [name_u]Emory[/name_u]/[name_u]Emery[/name_u] is unisex name, and like most unisex names, it tends to be associated with one gender more than the other for certain people. [name_f]My[/name_f] concern with using it is probably more its popularity as the version spelled [name_u]Emery[/name_u] is 194 on SS girl list (741 for boy) and [name_u]Emory[/name_u] is 799 (896 for boy). The fact that both spellings are on both the boy and girl top 1000 is something I didn’t realize before.

[name_u]Scout[/name_u] - if your hubby’s not a huge fan, then this should be eliminated. I’m with your husband on this one. It’s cute for a nn but not as a first name.
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Lulu[/name_f]) - very different in style to [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] but I don’t mind the name itself. I noticed that you have two names of [name_f]Demi[/name_f] [name_m]Moore[/name_m]'s daughters. The missing one is [name_f]Rumer[/name_f]. :slight_smile:
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - ok but a bit nickname-y
[name_u]Emory[/name_u] ([name_f]Emmie[/name_f]) - stylistically, this is the best “fit” but it’s a little too similar in sound ([name_f]Ellie[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmie[/name_f]) and shares an initial.
[name_u]Everly[/name_u] ([name_f]Evie[/name_f]) - This name has the same problem as [name_u]Emory[/name_u].
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] - I’m not a fan of this name.

Other Suggestions

[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Leighton[/name_u]
[name_u]Adair[/name_u]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_u]Flannery[/name_u]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]