Opinions on our top 4

See the results of this poll: What’s your favourite?

Respondents: 66 (This poll is closed)

• Valencia : 15 (23%)
  • Petra : 29 (44%)
  • Kiara : 14 (21%)
  • Inara: 8 (12%)

I love [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] and I’d choose this one especially because it works in English but also in Portuguese. I’m Brazilian. Not a fan of the others.

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Petra[/name_f] would be my second favorite. I have a [name_m]German[/name_m] aunt named that and I think it’s pretty cool.

They’re all such lovely names! [name_f]Petra[/name_f] is my personal favourite. For me it evokes images of kindness and compassion. It’s youthful and sweet, yet mature also. I feel it will age best.

[name_f]Valencia[/name_f]. I just think it is gorgeous. I do tend to prefer longer names.

I love [name_f]Valencia[/name_f]!
I also like Inara. I knew a pair of twins who were [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] and Inara and whilenstylistically very different I found the set so striking!

I love [name_f]Valencia[/name_f].

Ps. [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] entered the top 100 here this year

I love love love [name_f]Petra[/name_f]!

I’ve said it before but you have excellent taste in names!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] all of these, especially [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], [name_f]Kiara[/name_f], and Inara. Inara is such a treasure and underrated goddess name. [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] is my favorite spelling, and feels both flowing and modern. And [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is just perfection.

For me the tie breaker might come to something like nicknames or initials. I’ve mentioned before that the initial I is both compelling and difficult, especially because we live in a world of iphones and ipads, so her name might sound like that when abbreviated? But still that’s such a trivial thing, it’s just hard to narrow down. I also wonder if she introduces herself to people they might have difficulty with the name ("[name_f]Anara[/name_f]? Enara?"). But at the same time it’s so lovely and intriguing!

[name_f]Kiara[/name_f], I think, is the simplest of the three. It’s straightforward and familiar, but still interesting. I love it and I think it’s the safest of the group.

But there’s something heart-stoppingly magical about [name_f]Valencia[/name_f]. I smile every time I say it. And honestly, I think it pairs best with [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is beautiful and has so many nickname possibilities. I like V, [name_f]Via[/name_f], and [name_u]Val[/name_u]. I think it’s hard to stand out next to [name_f]Athena[/name_f], but [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] stands brightly next to [name_f]Athena[/name_f] without seeming competitive. So I suppose that’s my vote! All the options are great, but ultimately my vote goes to [name_f]Valencia[/name_f].

I think we have really similar taste in names. [name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] are some of my all time favorite names!

Inara and [name_f]Kiara[/name_f] is nice too, but I personally wouldn’t pick them.

For me [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is very beautiful, elegant, feminine. Some things to consider is that some might call her [name_u]Val[/name_u] or [name_f]Vally[/name_f], and as you most likely know it’s the name of a large known Spanish city, but there it’s pronounced Balencia ( and with a lisp sound on the c)

[name_f]Petra[/name_f] is also stunning, but not frilly. It’s timeless, refreshing. I think of the ancient city of [name_f]Petra[/name_f] in [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], I love that connotation.

Thank you all so much for your votes and comments!

@wittyusername103 Oh my gosh, so it has!! I hadn’t seen the new release yet, but just had a look, very interesting!

@silversky109 Aw thank you so much! I have to say, you do too!!
I feel very similar to you about Inara, I love the meaning and that she’s suxh a cool goddess name, but there’s just something about the initial I that stops me being completely and utterly besotted with it like I am with [name_f]Valencia[/name_f]! Maybe it’s partly how it doesn’t flow too well when saying my other kids names, something about the “and Inara” isn’t the easiest to say.
Again, I agree with [name_f]Kiara[/name_f], it’s probably the safest (it’s now in the top 100 here in NZ as @wittyusername103 pointed out!), but still interesting
And [name_f]Valencia[/name_f], oh I just love [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] so much (I prefer the nicknames Lencie, [name_f]Nell[/name_f], etc rather than [name_u]Val[/name_u] though). My main hold back with [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] is that it lacks the personal meaning that the others have, and also my mum doesn’t like it, she just doesn’t see it as a name.

@cl0udberry It’s always fun finding people with similar tastes in names!! I think if it came down to it, it would be between [name_f]Petra[/name_f] and [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] for us, but I’m stumped for how we’d pick between them! The Spanish pronunciation of [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] doesn’t bother me (and sounds just as beautiful!) and although we’ve never been to the city we are planning a holiday in Europe at the end of this year and hope to visit [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] then! And I’ve actually been to the city of [name_f]Petra[/name_f] in [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], I went there when I was a child with my family so it holds some wonderful memories for me.

Please keep all the votes and comments coming!

I adore Inara and [name_f]Kiara[/name_f]!

I chose [name_f]Petra[/name_f] based on the other names you had for your children!

@maerad thanks!

@phx2003 [name_f]Petra[/name_f] does go beautifully with [name_u]Toby[/name_u] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f]!

I was between [name_f]Valencia[/name_f] and [name_f]Petra[/name_f] but I choose [name_f]Petra[/name_f] cause I find it a better fit with [name_u]Toby[/name_u] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f].