Opinions on Paisley and nn's for Charlotte?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone, I would love your thoughts and opinions!

We are having a little girl in the spring and I have two names on my list that I have some small reservations about and wanted your thoughts.

I love the name [name]Paisley[/name] sounds, but will it ever stand on it’s own as a name, or will you just always automatically think of the fabric pattern?

Also, we really like the name [name]Charlotte[/name] but I do not like the nick names Chaer or [name]Lottie[/name], but think [name]Charlie[/name] is cute. [name]How[/name] much can you control nick names? Should you not pick a name if you don’t like the nick name?

Thanks for your help berries!

Personally, I adore the name [name]Paisley[/name], and have for quite some time now.
With that said, controlling nicknames is sometimes harder than one may think.
For instance, my mom named my older brother ‘[name]Matthew[/name]’ in 1979.
She did not want anyone calling him ‘[name]Matt[/name]’ or anything…(I still call him [name]Matthew[/name]–or ‘Thew’–my own personal nn for him, haha), but now he prefers to go by [name]Matt[/name]. Most people call him [name]Matt[/name], unfortunately, but now my mom is okay with it–he is grown, after all!
Honestly, I’m not too keen on the name [name]Charlotte[/name]. I’ve just never been.
However, some nn’s I know of are: [name]Charli[/name], [name]Charlie[/name] (cute, [name]IMO[/name]), [name]Lotta[/name], [name]Lotti[/name], [name]Lottie[/name], [name]Lotty[/name]
ALT spellings: [name]Charlot[/name], [name]Charlette[/name].
One of my friends is named [name]Charlette[/name], and we always have called her “[name]Char[/name]”. it’s probably just the first syllable thing…I mean, my name is [name]Leslie[/name], and my nn = [name]Les[/name]. it just happens so often!
Best,
L.

Also, I went to school with a girl named ‘[name]Charlsie[/name]’ (Ch sound pronounced like [name]Charlie[/name]). I always really really liked her name. Her nn was ‘always [name]Charlie[/name]’.
Best,
L.

I love the name [name]Paisley[/name]. It’s so spunky and sweet. It’s a GP for me because of the fabric :frowning: but i think you should be brave, and go for it!! :wink:

[name]Charlotte[/name]- beautiful name. The only way you could control a nickname is if you have her GO by [name]Charlie[/name]. Preferred names you can control, nicknames you absolutely can’t. If you call her [name]Charlie[/name] and have her teachers call her [name]Charlie[/name] in kindergarten, and introduce her as [name]Charlie[/name], she’ll be [name]Charlie[/name]. If you introduce her as [name]Charlotte[/name], she’ll get [name]Char[/name] a ton.

my 2cents :geek: haha

I really dislike [name]Paisley[/name] as a name sorry. It’s a fabric. I’d feel the same about someone being named [name]Velvet[/name] or [name]Calico[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] is lovely. My favourite nns are [name]Charlie[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Paisley[/name] would be a lovely combination. I just can’t get into the name [name]Paisley[/name] as a first name choice as it is trendy at the moment and will not have the longevity of a [name]Charlotte[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is timeless and will be around for many more years to come. [name]Paisley[/name] will become dated quickly. But it all depends what image or style you want to convey with your daughter’s name. The final choice is your own.