Opinions on Poppy and May?

I really want to honour my grandparents, [name]Russell[/name] and [name]Beth[/name]. I’m not really a fan of either of them as a first name and they’ve been used alot in my family as middle names. So my round-about approach is [name]Poppy[/name] which is what I used to call my grandad and [name]May[/name] which is when my grandma is born, I know hers is less direct but I love the name [name]May[/name] anyway.
What do you guys think?

What about [name]Poppy[/name] [name]May[/name]? That sounds cute, although I am not sure how well [name]Poppy[/name] ages. You could go with [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Mae[/name]/[name]May[/name] nn [name]Poppy[/name].

Sounds good to me! I like the name [name]Poppy[/name]. So English.

[name]Hi[/name] there! I really like Salifer’s idea of using [name]Poppy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Penelope[/name]. I do think [name]Poppy[/name] is really cute, but I personally don’t think it ages very well.

If you’re iffy on [name]May[/name], what about using [name]Elizabeth[/name] for [name]Beth[/name], or updating [name]Beth[/name] with [name]Bess[/name] or [name]Bethany[/name] (personally not a [name]Bethany[/name] fan…)?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Maybeth[/name] could be cute. I liked the [name]Penelope[/name]/[name]Poppy[/name] idea. [name]Mae[/name] is always more charming than [name]May[/name], I think, and you might use it as a middle name. [name]Ginny[/name] [name]Mae[/name].

I also love the [name]Penelope[/name] idea – I think [name]Penelope[/name] [name]May[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name]) is great.

But don’t go with the [name]Mae[/name] spelling since that’s removing the name that much further from your grandmother.