Opinions on Rafferty Lysander and does it fit?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

Probably my last request as due in just over 2 weeks now! I mentioned before that we had veered away from our chosen boys name of [name]HENRY[/name] lYSANDER but i guess i thought we would come back to it as nothing else really felt right, but to my suprise and anxiety DH has said that unless i feel really strongly about keeping it, he would rather not use [name]Henry[/name] now.

We had not managed to find a replacement we were happy about until i stumbled across [name]Rafferty[/name] and took an instant liking to it, DH agrees.

Really value your opinions on whether you think [name]RAFFERTY[/name] [name]LYSANDER[/name] sounds like a good combo (last name one syllable so liking that they are both longer names) AND if the name goes well with my daughters name [name]LILY[/name]-[name]ROSE[/name] [name]OPHELIA[/name].

Thank you, thank you!!!

I really like [name]Rafferty[/name]! A 3-syllable first with a 3-syllable middle is a lot of name, but with a short last name it could work just fine. I wouldn’t worry too much about flow, but go with something you both like.

[name]Hi[/name],

I am very partial to [name]Rafferty[/name] because we have one of our own :D. I also thought it was perhaps a little too much name. His name is [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. I really like the choice and often get comments as it is an older name, but not in the lines of popular [name]Harry[/name], [name]Henry[/name] or [name]Oliver[/name]. My OB who’s english and being deliverying for 30 odd years said that he hasn’t heard [name]Rafferty[/name] for a very long time and thought it was a strong male name!

My DS gets [name]Raffy[/name] and [name]Raff[/name] for short from his older siblings. It’s very fitting with [name]Lily[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] (love [name]Ophelia[/name]) too.

Thumbs up to [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] I say and it’s always handy if DH agrees too. Good luck, [name]Lane[/name].

Thank you! That’s really encouraging to hear, I did so want a name with an older/ classic feel that isn’t well used and it’s good to know you think [name]Rafferty[/name] fits the bill. [name]Love[/name] [name]Charles[/name] btw, my grandfathers name.

I love it and feel it is much more unique than [name]Henry[/name] is these days. I love the nn [name]Rafe[/name]! Your daughter’s name is beautiful.

Thank you! I think [name]Henry[/name] is getting more popular- maybe the UK is catching up with the US, it sounds like it’s very common there just now. I only know of 1 but wouldn’t be happy if there were suddenly 4 in his class at school! [name]Rafferty[/name] seems to have the unique edge anyway! Very helpful comments.

[name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] has the right mix of energy, quirkiness and spunk! This choice would certainly not be a popular as [name]Henry[/name]. Good luck and let us know when little [name]Rafe[/name] is born by posting a birth announcement! BTW - [name]Lily[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] is adorable! All the best, [name]Mischa[/name].

I know [name]Rafferty[/name] is popular on Nameberry, but I’ve never understood why, maybe because I’m not into surname names. [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] isn’t terrible by any means, but it does seem like an odd mixture. I much prefer [name]Henry[/name] [name]Lysander[/name]. If [name]Henry[/name] turns out to be too popular, it also comes with at least three nicknames ([name]Harry[/name], [name]Hank[/name], [name]Hal[/name]). Hooray, [name]Henry[/name]!

Thanks so much for your comments. Unfortunately I really dislike all the nicknames that are associated with [name]Henry[/name] and DH is not keen on nicknames altogether altho I said I’m sure [name]Rafferty[/name] would end up with several, all of which I can think of I do like so I think it’s still our top contender but I guess I feel more open to seeing what this baby looks like now I have ideas I’m happier with. I agree that [name]Rafferty[/name] [name]Lysander[/name] is a lot of name and have gone back and forth about rethinking the mn but we have not found anything we like as much and I love the [name]Shakespeare[/name] connection with my daughters mn.

I feel like this one is almost certainly a boy but I might totally shock myself and have a little [name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name], I will let you know in a couple of weeks!