opinions on Soren

Please give your opinions on [name_m]Soren[/name_m].

1 Like

I’ve only met one kid with that name. He’s about 4 or 5 now. It suited him. I think it’s an okay name. Not over the top, but unique, interesting. Not on any on my lists personally lol, but certainly nothing cringy or weird.

[name_m]Soren[/name_m] is on our short list actually.

It isn’t a name that I’ve heard in our area at all, so I don’t really have any associations with it, positive or negative. We came across it on this site and on a few other name lists and just grew to love it.

We love the sound, though others think of “soarin’”, and it would allow us to use the nn [name_f]Sora[/name_f]. DH wanted to use [name_f]Sora[/name_f], after a video game character apparently, but people said we shouldn’t use it because it wasn’t from our culture… so we thought that was pretty cool. Other than that, it’s easy to spell and it doesn’t seem like he’d have many issues with people learning his name.

I love [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. It hits that sweet spot of uncommon / unusual but familiar.

Thank you! I have never met or known a [name_m]Soren[/name_m].

Thank you! [name_m]Soren[/name_m] feels familiar, friendly, and approachable to me; even though I’ve never known one.

Thank you! Yes, I feel the same.

[name_m]Soren[/name_m] is different but not way out. There was a character named [name_m]Soren[/name_m] in a [name_f]Star[/name_f] Trek episode, but I don’t remember which series.

I find [name_m]Soren[/name_m] very handsome. I also go back and forth on whether I think it’s usable (for me, personally).

It does, however, make me think of The eye of Sauron from The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings. Not a negative connection, I don’t think, but it always comes to mind lol

I went to college with a kid named [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. I agree that it is familiar and usable without being common. Definitely a sweet spot name.

It’s not my favorite. I know a [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. He goes to [name_m]Harvard[/name_m]. Child prodigy.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. It makes me think of the tall, sophisticated Scandinavians I’d see biking around Copenhagen when I traveled there for work.

Thank you all so much! I’m still unsure how strongly I feel for the name. It definitely intrigues me and keeps finding it’s way back to my thoughts.

I love [name_m]Soren[/name_m], [name_u]Jean[/name_u]! Somehow, he’s never made it to my list, but I’ve always been a fan, and now that I’m considering removing some stale names from my list, [name_m]Soren[/name_m] might find a home after all. I love the tie to my Nordic roots, and it’s simple, approachable vibe. I’d love to meet a little [name_m]Soren[/name_m]!

I really like [name_m]Soren[/name_m]. It sounds masculine, but gentle and ethereal to me. I’d call it quite an uncommon name. I’ve never met anyone by this name.